• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

The Cheap Witcher 3 keys are tempting, but I don't know if my MSI TwinFrozr 7850 OC'd is good enough to make for a better graphical experience than ps4. They should cut the "recommendations" and give stats "To Match PS4," etc.

PS4 and X1 are running equivalent to High

dot

Guys! I found Sanic again.

p8Dv0Ka.png

I said hi to him but he left.

why won't senpai notice me? :(

MadGear

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

I installed it for HL2 (pre-ordered) as well. I remember really hating on this even after HL2 was released because it prevented me from renting that game to friends the conventional way and after i finished HL2 i didn't use steam much at all. I believe i just returned to Steam because my Gunman Chronicles CD (yes, CD) failed to be read in any of my CD-Drives and a friend recommended me to enter the Serial Key on Steam and just download the game. But instead of Gunman i just got access to HL1 including all addons and CS1.6 but since i never played the addons before i wasn't that disappointed. I also started to play CS1.6 at that time and thus Steam was almost always running on my PC :D

Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for General_Frags:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-D5F47DF681DF0F9C

t1404416060z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Banner Saga is a blast, it's like Oregon Trail but with really dope turn-based combat.

A gaffer gifted it to me yesterday and I played 3 hours straight.

I'm trying to do the same thing to Kiru :) but I just wanna make sure he/she wanted it.

Turfster

Would there be intrest in somthing like that instead of a outright raffle?

It's certainly a better idea than just raffling it and someone that doesn't know what the game is/doesn't really care for the style getting it. ;)

I only need Cinders from this week's bundle.
How do I make it so the link I get from buying it will display the Gift icon for each game?
Do I tick tat my order is a Gift or not?

No, once you get the games page, there's a gift icon after each game (with steam keys available) every time.

yGray

Banned
Wow Shadownet. What an awesome way to come home from work. Thank you so much for Witcher 3 bro. I hope you didn't pay full price.

Nice to see a lot of different answers when it comes to registering steam.

Another question, what was your first purchase on steam? I remember when Steam was becoming a thing in 2009 and I pre-purchased FEAR 2 just to try out the Steam store. After that it went on sale for like $10 during the winter sale. I remember thinking "Never again will I buy something on steam that isn't on sale".

Hugstable

Banned

Another question, what was your first purchase on steam? I remember when Steam was becoming a thing in 2009 and I pre-purchased FEAR 2 just to try out the Steam store. After that it went on sale for like $10 during the winter sale. I thought "Never again will I buy something on steam that isn't on sale".

Titan Quest Gold... I needed my Diablo fix at the time. I remember paying full price for it though.

Mono

Another question, what was your first purchase on steam? I remember when Steam was becoming a thing in 2009 and I pre-purchased FEAR 2 just to try out the Steam store. After that it went on sale for like $10 during the winter sale. I thought "Never again will I buy something on steam that isn't on sale".

I had to go back and look, apparantly Humble Bundles are what got me on Steam!

First thing I bought from the Steam store was Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It wasn't even on sale, but no regrets there!

First purchase was upgrading my Half Life 2 Bronze key to a Half Life 2 Silver key, I want to buy a Gold one but including the shipping to the UK meant it was over £90 back then. I think there was a chance the winner could go to Valve and some Doctor/Dentist won it.

Edit: Steam says Audiosurf was my first purchase, that when paypal was added I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom