• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

oh, so that's how it is! now when I ran out of money there is bundle with Cinders in it?
my luck why you have to be so mean?

Nice to see a lot of different answers when it comes to registering steam.

Another question, what was your first purchase on steam? I remember when Steam was becoming a thing in 2009 and I pre-purchased FEAR 2 just to try out the Steam store. After that it went on sale for like $10 during the winter sale. I remember thinking "Never again will I buy something on steam that isn't on sale".

I believe it was The Witcher after they introduced regional price for my country.

Lomax

Wait, can this happen?

Yes but it shouldn't effect people who already redeemed their gift. Just ones still in the inventory and future purchased gifts.

Yeah, just to clarify, I'm not worried about buying a copy, just wondering if that price will be available for a while (and potentially discounted next year). Looking at Witcher 2, it isn't even available in that region.

zkylon

zkylewd
cinders logo tempts me but in-game everyone looks kinda ugly

oh my god. I'm sorry <3 I woke up soo early this morning. I meant I WILL definitely have to check it out then.

not NEVER. :p I'm sorrrrry.
i40gRumehwGMI.gif

i'm watching you saoirse person you

No problem. You were lucky because corrosivefrost was too busy hacking the Rome II giveaway to bother with Kenshi

nah -- after he made the reference to Rejected, I thought he should win something for being awesome. don't discount my part in the no longer random nature of modbot.

Another question, what was your first purchase on steam? I remember when Steam was becoming a thing in 2009 and I pre-purchased FEAR 2 just to try out the Steam store. After that it went on sale for like $10 during the winter sale. I remember thinking "Never again will I buy something on steam that isn't on sale".

Team Fortress Classic. I only switched to Steam because I had to. TFC used to use WON and when that went away they switched to Steam. Everyone hated Steam back then and for years TFC was the only game I had. I only really started using Steam a little over a year ago after I discovered Steam sales.

Turfster

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

Yep. Exactly the same reaction too.
(The bad old days of really shitty and expensive dialup)

Seriously Amazing Outstanding Intelligent Remarkable Steam Enable

robertdeniroyou.gif

I like you.

Also:
On the one hand, cheap Steam Witcher 3 from our friends in the East.
On the other hand, my other Witcher games are all physical/GOG.
Eh, I've got almost a year left, I'll turn it over a few more times.

Also also:
Humble Daily: Cloudbuilt 75% off

I saw someone ask about Stranded earlier. It's got a decent price over at the GF indie sale with the JUL20OFF coupon -- is it worthwhile? The steam reviews are 85% negative.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
fine. I guess i'll give you something less intensive so you can run on your PC.

While that would obviously be much appreciated, I would honestly much rather that gift go to someone else here in SteamGAF. I got so many awesome gifts during the sale from awesome SteamGAFfers (and friends outside of GAF) that I'd feel a bit bad accepting any more.

Your generosity is super awesome though, man! You're part of what makes SteamGAF so great. :D

EDIT: Also, unrelated, but obligatory HEY EVERYONE GO BUY CRIMZON CLOVER BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

Mono

robertdeniroyou.gif

I like you.

Also:
On the one hand, cheap Steam Witcher 3 from our friends in the East.
On the other hand, my other Witcher games are all physical/GOG.
Eh, I've got almost a year left, I'll turn it over a few more times.

Also also:
Humble Daily: Cloudbuilty 75% off

Knowing me, I probably end up with both eventually! :X

CDPR deserves every cent!! \o/

dot

I think it was Left 4 Dead 2. I bought it for like 7 bucks because i thought that was a good price at the time.

He gatta go fast

Because...

Senpai had to go fast
;n;

;-;

He might not be worthy to talk with such great GAFfer, so he felt in shame.

tumblr_inline_n7y2lb91u01rgg4k4.gif

Speevy

Banned
How does it play like? i love the monkey king look!

The controls are more similar to Zelda, believe it or not. There are combos and targeting, dodges and flips.

It seems there's less focus on platforming and more on combat. I really like it. It's unapologetically bright and family-friendly.

I registered my Steam account with the GOTY edition of Half-Life 2 which I bought at GAME for £20 or £25 so that I could play Counter-Strike: Source with my school friends. I think that my first purchase on the Steam store itself was a pre-order of Audiosurf a few years later though I did buy a retail copy of The Orange Box from Shoppe Two in the interim.

I actually spent a few moments during the latest Steam Seal looking at my account history and reminiscing about my first Seal and Steam purchases over the years. I remember being hyped at seeing Torchlight reappear on the last day of an Autumn sale as I'd missed its initial offering. I enjoyed looking at my first real Seal, a Winter Seal when I was anticipating building a gaming PC during the following summer, where I bought a number of Star Wars games.

Steam <3

Terra_Ex

Damn, almost missed that Cinders bundle, didn't notice Cinders was in it when I first looked. Waiting for the bundles continues to pay off.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how i keep getting friend invites of people that realized someone's been miswriting my name on that damn steamid list

damn you people

Tizoc

It's certainly a better idea than just raffling it and someone that doesn't know what the game is/doesn't really care for the style getting it. ;)

No, once you get the games page, there's a gift icon after each game (with steam keys available) every time.

OK thanks gonna grab it now. I ask because when I tried to gift my Octodad Steam link from HB, it didn't offer one and I redeemed the game to myself.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

My first purchase on Steam was during one of the summer sales. I had seen videos of the Binding of Isaac and Terraria, and I was pretty sure I could run on it on my old terrible laptop. So I bought those along with Civ III, Tropico 3, and Worms Reloaded.

Lyn

Banned

Day of Defeat: Source when it became available. Really enjoyed the original and wanted to see how the Source version was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom