• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

Damn, you played TFC professionally? I was in leagues for several years, but my clan wasn't nearly good enough to go pro. Best we did was IGL.
There was no big money involved back then (only if you played CS), at least financially you didn't miss much. :)

What was the name of your clan? American or European? We only played americans rarely in friendlies and at the world cup.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Anyone playing Sunless Sea yet? Steam reviews seem really positive. Seems like something I would like.

It looks like something I'd really really like. ..but it's EA.. and it seems like I'd probably get my fill of it before it'd ever actually release.

Love the look of it.

The_Monk

HGZXPaj.png

What to do, what to do?
My mother always said to me I shouldn't accept things from strangers!

ahHcXFA.gif

HNNNNG Such a lucky GAFfer! Enjoy it my good man. :D

jblank83

How similar is it to something like FTL? I love that game to death.

Somewhat similar, but not completely.

Controls - The ship is actually controlled directly via WASD or arrow keys. I like this more than just clicking on waypoints, tbqh.

Map - There are static portions and also randomly generated. The world map is visually detailed. Landmarks block movement, as you would expect.

Flavor text - Lots of it, from landing at a town to incidental text when just sailing. Similar to quest/encounter text in FTL.

Gameplay - Combat is somewhat similar, without as much tactical depth. There is a definite "survival" aspect, managing resource, food, crew. Gameplay is more focused on exploration and quests, from getting as much gold as possible to solving the mystery of your father's death. There are trade routes as well, for a Privateer/Elite kind of vibe.

Some of the hand drawn portraits for characters I don't love. Some of them I do, as well as the map. Very nice looking. Sounds nice also.

It has a lot of potential. I look forward to playing more and seeing if they can deliver a lot of content.

There was no big money involved back then (only if you played CS), at least financially you didn't miss much. :)

What was the name of your clan? American or European? We only played americans rarely in friendlies and at the world cup.

I was in IOD, short for Clan IODINE. We weren't anything special, just had fun. We did have a few guys who went on to bigger things though. I miss TFC dearly.

Tizoc

Separate game buys are different, those are basically buy for yourself or as a gift.
If you click the gift thing when buying the humble bundle, you're basically gifting someone the entire bundle in one go, giving them their own bundle page (and yourself nothing but one link to give to someone). Otherwise the page gets added to your own account and you get individual gift link generators for each Steam key.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Turfster

Is cinder supposed to be good?
Never heard of it before today.
Most of the hype was around first release 2 years ago.
It only just appeared on Steam 2 months ago.

The devs have made a few other cool games that are worth a look too.
(None of them on Steam yet tho)

Hugstable

Banned
Gage_shot_banner_masks.jpg

Pure Terror. Too bad civilians will still stand up during a firefight and get shot.
Seriously I don't even feel bad. Idiocy like that is doing that games population a favor.

I call Baboon mask! Can you only win Masks from picking the cards? I want me some presidential masks lol

Jawmuncher

I call Baboon mask! Can you only win Masks from picking the cards? I want me some presidential masks lol

Pretty sure the DLC masks you get but still have to buy when you get the DLC.
But yeah so far I think unless it's DLC you only get masks from cards.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It only works via USB currently. So no wireless option with that one.

it doesn't work with the 360 Wireless Dongle? Are you sure?

edit - I guess not. That's a shame... hopefully MS allows you to connect wirelessly at some point. Four DS4s connected over bluetooth = bliss :D

Hugstable

Banned
Pretty sure the DLC masks you get but still have to buy when you get the DLC.
But yeah so far I think unless it's DLC you only get masks from cards.

Just saw that now. Gonna sell my cards from Antichamber and then pick up the new DLC, I need some angry monkey masks

Autofokus

I was in IOD, short for Clan IODINE. We weren't anything special, just had fun. We did have a few guys who went on to bigger things though. I miss TFC dearly.

It was a great game.
I 'came back' with the Orange Box solely for the TF2 Beta. Played it a few months, accepted that it wasn't the game I wanted to play more seriously. And now, I don't even know what it is. At least a nice resource for russian trades. :)

Tellaerin

stahp

i'm running out of gifs to express my pain

One day, there's going to be a comicbook-style showdown between zkylon and zyklon.

zyklon would have to be some character who wears the same outfit as you with the colors inverted, detests DOTA, RPGs and anime art, is obsessive about capitalization and proper punctuation, and travels around with a pet tarantula because "spiders are da bess".

Naturally you'd have to kill him with murder.

zkylon

zkylewd
ugh i was just gonna post i'm really moody cos i'm hungry and i have no food and can't go out to buy some cos i gotta stay all day waiting for the damn plumber since my sink broke

don't get my name wrong damnit

It was a great game.
I 'came back' with the Orange Box solely for the TF2 Beta. Played it a few months, accepted that it wasn't the game I wanted to play more seriously. And now, I don't even know what it is. At least a nice resource for russian trades. :)

Yeah I played TF2 a bit when it first came out. It was alright, but it was no TFC so I stopped playing it. I had high hopes for Fortress Forever (and even contributed to it briefly), but unfortunately that never really got off the ground.

Turfster

Hm, Cinders doesn't let itself be screenshotted correctly.
The overlay thinks the resolution is my desktop resolution, even when it starts windowed.
Sadness.

zkylon

zkylewd
One day, there's going to be a comicbook-style showdown between zkylon and zyklon.

zyklon would have to be some character who wears the same outfit as you with the colors inverted, detests DOTA, RPGs and anime art, is obsessive about capitalization and proper punctuation, and travels around with a pet tarantula because "spiders are da bess".

Naturally you'd have to kill him with murder.

the fuck you smoking dude

i don't play fucking doto

order pizza?
i wish i could just throw a piece of paper with my order to the subway across the street

i don't like eating pizza for lunch

something about it just isn't right

Arthea

the fuck you smoking dude

i don't play fucking doto

i wish i could just throw a piece of paper with my order to the subway across the street

i don't like eating pizza for lunch

something about it just isn't right

Don't be mean to your elders! and you totally should play doto, enough of lol already!

I wish I had money for ordering pizza
damn those sales

edited: could we please, not talk about food or post pics of it? pretty please?

Eanan

Shadownet deserves the biggest accolade that can be given to any single man for his generosity.

a customer user title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom