• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

zkylon

zkylewd
Dota2_Neutral_Ogre_Old.jpg

i think this is a 100% perfect representation of doto hero quality

100% honest

100%

Turfster

Does anyone know if I can still give a gift from my inventory if I already have the email redemption link even though I'm currently locked out from trading?
Gifting doesn't count as trading, I think.
It doesn't use the same interface, and is basically one-way.

Also, congrats The_Super_Inframan.

Alright, here we go! Hopefully I did everything correctly.

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-7AD52F97811B0A15
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-F0396AEF7C49D216
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-486AA47EEFA9C5B9 - Taken by Real4Life
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-EE271A4DCAD8A6E4 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-DF06D60C15E7B588

t1404430014z1.png

Does anyone know if I can still give a gift from my inventory if I already have the email redemption link even though I'm currently locked out from trading?

Congrats my friend. May this be the start of many a good time and a strong, talkative, future.

Send them the redemption link just like through modbot, should work

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up on gifcam... seems to have done a good job.

I made the GIF I wanted to (sorta)... though I'm not sure if one would consider it spoilerish about TWAU:Episode 4.

Anyone who is okay with looking can check it out here:

Fucking Stay Down!

Mono

Man I hope Shovel Knight goes on sale at some point. I really want to join in on the hype while everyone's playing (and be able to watch the Two Best Friends playthrough without getting spoiled). ;_;

Two Best Friends are playing it!? Aww yeah!

I'm sure it will during the winter sale!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You should be able to gift still, check the send gift option on the inventory item. If it's available then gift away.

Jadax

Is Chaos on Deponia as good as Deponia?
I really liked Deponia.

Haters gonna hate, but this series is probably one of the most enjoyable 'point-and-click' types you will ever play.

For me, this was the best of this genre so far.

Anyone who has Tabletop Simulator and wants to join in with a few other gaffers tonight to play some dumb games (Uno, Cards against Humanity, Poker etc) then add me on steam or if you already have me then message me when I load the game up and I'll get you in! Hoping to get a full table! I want to play some stuff with you fools!

thanks JaseC again for the help gettting the game!

Halo 2

Banned
Anyone who has Tabletop Simulator and wants to join in with a few other gaffers tonight to play some dumb games (Uno, Cards against Humanity, Poker etc) then add me on steam or if you already have me then message me when I load the game up and I'll get you in! Hoping to get a full table! I want to play some stuff with you fools!

I'll be there!

yGray

Banned
I got a gaming PC in part so I could play LoL on higher quality, and now I don't play LoL at all and have a huge backlog of games from steamGAF

I built my PC for WoW but have only played it for like a week since I built it. Quit it and dedicate my time other, better things.

Plus my PC is way too powerful to play that garbage.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Two Best Friends are playing it!? Aww yeah!

I'm sure it will during the winter sale!!

Well, they already did play it. I believe they did the whole thing in one long hour and a half video. Or maybe it's not the whole thing, I don't know. Not sure how long the game is. :lol

I'm debating with myself if I want to get in on Magic the Gathering 2015.

i want to build my own decks, but i don't want this to turn into something where I have to drop comparable cash to the actual card game (I haven't bought any MtG physical cards in years. Whatever boosters had the focus on the time counters were the last packs I bought in any quantity, so like 4-5 years ago?

I do still like to play occassionally, and I have 2012, but am frustrated because I want to build my own decks (preferable with more then 60 card decks...i like larger decks. I had a decent red/blue denial tournament deck that ran fine at 90 cards.)

Not just going to buy the 9.99 version, if I do spring it'll at least be for the 19.99 version (cause I'm a sucker for OSTs). Just trying to decide between not at all, the 20 version or the $35 version.

Shadownet

Banned
Are you actually going to gift everyone who has been posting on this thread the past while, something off their wishlist?

did you win the euromillions lately?

Decent bloke is an understatement.

As I said before. Unlike JaseC and nbnt. I actually give gifts only to people who I think deserve the gifts. if they been a good contributing member to SteamGAF, is a good person and generally do giveaway stuff of their own. They will quickly find themselves on my good list and I would try to get them something.

Why do you think I've been actively trying to get Sub Zero, JaseC, Corrosive and nbnt a gift? Cause they're the best and they deserve something amazing.

You dont even have to be my friends on Steam. Because I try to read every post on SteamGAF. so if you do something nice. I will notice it. :)

and I actually been selling my gaming collection in order to pay off most of these gifts.

JaseC maintains that he does not enter modbot raffles (because all of his giveaways are bundle leftovers or some noble idea like that). He also has stated that he believes this is why he has not been granted a custom title by the mods.

You are some strange anomaly in the system that is gifting to people on your friendlist and skipping modbot entirely. Not that this is a bad thing. Generosity is always welcome.

I never noticed that JaseC has a custom title. I gotta look at his profile again. Ever since I started giving gifts. the only time I actually entered a raffle is so if I win. I can give that code to a GAF who want it. like for example if I notice a member on Steam want this game, and there is a raffle going on for it. I'll enter it. and if I win. I will give it to that member. I don't keep anything I win anymore. :p

:p I prefer gifting to people that are on my friend list. or people that I seek out on here. Instead of raffling because that way I know that at least the people I gifted to get at least 1 gift each and not one person having multiple gifts. (unless they truly deserve it) Of course I will still do raffle every now and then :)

stupid argie subway doesn't do deliveries

wouldn't say no to dat

I don't know of any subway that does. Hence why I said beg. Do you have a local online food delivery service? Stonehedge that you can place an order and have them pick up the food and delivery it?

Jadax

If you can create a nice football game, or some DnD awesomeness, or even get Uno to work properly -- OR, get some nice betting action on Holdem' then I'll buy this game right now and join in.

iosefe

i need this game in my life. but those damn m&ms wont let me

UncleBiz

Sounds fun.. wish I bought it when it was cheaper :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DAMMIT, I always click through the Steam gift prompt before I realize I should take a screenshot of it.

That said, THANK YOU so much for Shovel Knight, Knight613! Hoooooooooooly shit time for hype! :D

Mono

Well, they already did play it. I believe they did the whole thing in one long hour and a half video. Or maybe it's not the whole thing, I don't know. Not sure how long the game is. :lol

Awesome! I'm always behind on their videos because I mostly just listen to the podcast. I'll have to watch that! The game's probably pretty short if you go straight though the main levels!

DAMMIT, I always click through the Steam gift prompt before I realize I should take a screenshot of it.

That said, THANK YOU so much for Shovel Knight, Knight613! Hoooooooooooly shit time for hype! :D

OMG yay! \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom