• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet deserves the biggest accolade that can be given to any single man for his generosity.
a customer user title

I think JaseC, nbnt, and like 10 other people deserve that more than I do. :) I'm just trying to make everyone day a bit happier.

that's good.

that's damn good.

how's the gameplay?

Graphically it's really nice, but the gameplay is okay, I guess.
I haven't finished yet though, as it is way too simplistic.
- The combat is Batman Arkham style but without the "depth".
- The platforming is non-existent as there is no jump button. You automatically jump over stuff like in asscreed.
- You can't really explore levels as they're extremely linear.

It's clearly a lovingly crafted game, but even as a -huge- fan of 3d platformers and the lack of new games in the genre, I couldn't find the strength to continue.
I'm hoping for "A Hat in Time" to quench my thirst and possibly inspire other devs...

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't be mean to your elders! and you totally should play doto, enough of lol already!

I wish I had money for ordering pizza
damn those sales

966073_10153580936310556_1812792478_o.jpg

vs

please

LoL,then? My bad, man. I've managed to stay MOBA-free all these years, so you'll have to excuse my confusion. A rare topic that I cherish my ignorance about. :p
i'm just so fucking hungry T_T

It seems kind of sacrilegious, but I've got some Origin keys that I'm not going to use.

Should I do a giveaway, or is Origin stuff kind of a no-no in the Steam thread?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just finished The Walking Dead season 1. Oh man, so good.

Knurek

I think JaseC, nbnt, and like 10 other people deserve that more than I do. :) I'm just trying to make everyone day a bit happier.

Well, you picked the perfect Saoirse avatar for just that.
(Of course, JaseC is like the GAF Simpsons - he already had it way earlier).

Eanan

Are you actually going to gift everyone who has been posting on this thread the past while, something off their wishlist?

did you win the euromillions lately?

Decent bloke is an understatement.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Hi guys, I finally, finally had today the last exams of my job training/apprenticeship (no clue how it's correctly called in English) and I passed :)

So after three long years I can proudly call myself a management assistant in office communication, nothing too special, but hey :D
I had a really good day with lots of beer and pizza, and the weekend will be fun and party with friends.

But my small Internet home, Steam GAF, should also be part of the fun

I'm giving away two games, one of them is Double Dragon Neon, and I bet you know what the other games is :p

Choose wisely...

oABVYFml.png

Good luck! :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot
with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MSALPm7.jpg
10Xm33H.jpg

Maybe it's this one -- MB-1E855F9288C1419F - Taken by Bboy AJ. 26 entrants total.
Or is it this one -- MB-37821BCF24EE23AC - Taken by Anustart. 17 entrants total.

t1404428736z1.png

po8wQhF.png

Edit: I had to much beer, it could be that I entered the wrong key for bad rats, so if the "lucky" winner can't activate the game contact me and I sort it out, sorry for that

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man I hope Shovel Knight goes on sale at some point. I really want to join in on the hype while everyone's playing (and be able to watch the Two Best Friends playthrough without getting spoiled). ;_;

JaseC maintains that he does not enter modbot raffles (because all of his giveaways are bundle leftovers or some noble idea like that). He also has stated that he believes this is why he has not been granted a custom title by the mods.

You are some strange anomaly in the system that is gifting to people on your friendlist and skipping modbot entirely. Not that this is a bad thing. Generosity is always welcome.

Autofokus

Yeah I played TF2 a bit when it first came out. It was alright, but it was no TFC so I stopped playing it. I had high hopes for Fortress Forever (and even contributed to it briefly), but unfortunately that never really got off the ground.

Yeah, played that one a bit too - but in the end it was too late, too little (at least for me). Afair, 'Defrag' was heavily involved in the project, nasty little medic. :)

MUnited83

For you.
Hi guys, I finally, finally had today the last exams of my job training/apprenticeship (no clue how it's correctly called in English) and I passed :)

So after three long years I can proudly call myself a management assistant in office communication, nothing too special, but hey :D
I had a really good day with lots of beer and pizza, and the weekend will be fun and party with friends.

I'm giving away two games, one of them is Double Dragon Neon, and I bet you know what the other games is :p

Choose wisely...

oABVYFml.png

po8wQhF.png

You know that you kinda spoiled which one was Bad Rats, don't you?:p

zkylon

zkylewd
LoL all day easily after that comparison.

there's absolutely NOTHING biased about my comparison i hope everyone realizes that

I'm sorry, man. : / I'd send food if I could, but considering how long it'd take to get there from the US, it probably wouldn't be much help.
also if i'm lucky today's plumber will be like yesterday who just yelled at me and told me to call another plumber lol

and u know he'll leave quickly so i can run to the grocery store and get some stuff to make myself some salad

Volimar

I got a gaming PC in part so I could play LoL on higher quality, and now I don't play LoL at all and have a huge backlog of games from steamGAF

JustLynx

Choose wisely...

rofl! cmoooooon rad bats :p
and congrats!

Choose wisely...

oABVYFml.png

po8wQhF.png
Congrats on passing! I hope things go well for you.

Choose wisely...

oABVYFml.png

po8wQhF.png

It makes me so happy to see my Rad Bats image being used :D

Toki767

Wow this looks good!
deets please!

You don't know how hungry I am right now :(

Damn is that a buffet you got like 15 things there. As for my lunch just imagine plain steamed rice and orange chicken with a sprite. I'm so plain.

hmm looks tasty and healthy. what resturant?

It's a bento box from this Japanese curry food truck. It has salmon, fried mackerel, chicken kara-age, potato croquette, kurobuta pork sausage, beef stew, nori seaweed salad, and some other stuff. $10 for a pretty big bento box. Already full and I didn't even eat half yet.

Jawmuncher

Uses one character that looks ugly as fuck? Check Lina, Crystal Maiden,Etc. Lina is my waifu.

Decided to compare the characters better. Still gotta say I like the LoL ones more. Just because they're more vibrant. Dota 2 is by no means bad though after I saw the real characters. Just they remind me more of MTG which isn't a bad thing though.

_hekk05

Banned
Man that payday 2 shotgun dlc is so tempting, especially since I rock the shotgun already, but I can't even afford a 2 dollar game now, let alone a 5 dollar dlc.

I guess there's always winter seal

Strider

I got a gaming PC in part so I could play LoL on higher quality, and now I don't play LoL at all and have a huge backlog of games from steamGAF

Similar story for me. I got a new 120/144hz monitor thinking it'd be amazing for dota 2 and I haven't touched dota 2 in weeks.

Ibuki

Banned
Decided to compare the characters better. Still gotta say I like the LoL ones more. Just because they're more vibrant. Dota 2 is by no means bad though after I saw the real characters. Just they remind me more of MTG which isn't a bad thing though.

Yeah they are all inspired by Warcraft characters which I guess limits them. I love the LoL designs as well I guess I'm just on both sides of the fence.

Congratulations, that's awesome :D!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Does anyone know if I can still give a gift from my inventory if I already have the email redemption link even though I'm currently locked out from trading?

Congrats my friend. May this be the start of many a good time and a strong, talkative, future.

Is Chaos on Deponia as good as Deponia?
I really liked Deponia.

Aye, it is. They didn't stray much from the formula or style of writing and found it to be quite enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom