• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already own Crysis 1 and Warhead physical copies but I want to add them to my steam library. I remember they both had activation limit DRM so I go look on steam and they still have it! :( Dammit Securom, go away. At least it's a 50 machine limit now.

Hugstable

Banned
Hi guys, I finally, finally had today the last exams of my job training/apprenticeship (no clue how it's correctly called in English) and I passed :)

So after three long years I can proudly call myself a management assistant in office communication, nothing too special, but hey :D
I had a really good day with lots of beer and pizza, and the weekend will be fun and party with friends.

But my small Internet home, Steam GAF, should also be part of the fun

I'm giving away two games, one of them is Double Dragon Neon, and I bet you know what the other games is :p

Choose wisely...

oABVYFml.png

Good luck! :D

po8wQhF.png

Edit: I had to much beer, it could be that I entered the wrong key for bad rats, so if the "lucky" winner can't activate the game contact me and I sort it out, sorry for that

Congrats on finishing all your exams! Live it up! You are done with school and classes! And thanks for the giveaway!

If you can create a nice football game, or some DnD awesomeness, or even get Uno to work properly -- OR, get some nice betting action on Holdem' then I'll buy this game right now and join in.

Me and two other gaffers played uno fine earlier! Two full games without issue :).

i need this game in my life. but those damn m&ms wont let me

Sounds fun.. wish I bought it when it was cheaper :(

You guys should try and find a Russian trader to do a 4-pack! I think it was $6 a copy. JaseC helped me out!

Eanan

What does the facebook link on steam do?

does it post to your wall when you get a new game/achievement etc.?

yGray

Banned
DAMMIT, I always click through the Steam gift prompt before I realize I should take a screenshot of it.

That said, THANK YOU so much for Shovel Knight, Knight613! Hoooooooooooly shit time for hype! :D

Nice dude. Shadownet got it for me the other day. I've been putting in some time in there. It's so good. soo good.

gg toki

Shadownet

Banned
That's what concerns me. You seem like the best friend someone could have.

actually my best friend and I havent talk in weeks. kinda drifting apart I think. So thats why Ive been on here more.

oh no don't do that man. save your stuff and your money from now on.

It's okay. It's just old stuff sitting there. :) I rather turn them into new things for people to enjoy.

Kiru

What does the facebook link on steam do?

does it post to your wall when you get a new game/achievement etc.?

It shows your facebook profile to other people on your friendlist who also linked theirs with steam.

which means, NOT GOOD. :D

The_Monk

Deciding on what to play next, I think I may be stuck in a mission in Age of Empires 2, I was not expecting this. Game is such a good time sink, however.

StAidan

Buying a bundle just for one game is starting to become quite a thing with me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

KAMI -- MB-12588958E15FAC40 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Secrets of Rtikon -- MB-A99EEA175C8EAA8C - Taken by Toki767
Antichamber -- MB-EFF0D6E4DB90674C - Taken by Levyne
140 -- MB-9AE6E24992060D3A - Taken by Roboleon
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-61034F8CC535AA34 - Taken by demented

_hekk05

Banned
Regarding MOBAs: all we needed was doto 2. Maybe leeg for the casuals.

Companies just don't get that it's a hard market to enter. Making MOBAs to fail. Like crytek.

actually my best friend and I havent talk in weeks. kinda drifting apart I think. So thats why Ive been on here more.

It's okay. It's just old stuff sitting there. :) I rather turn them into new things for people to enjoy.

Tragic, but it kind of just happens sometimes. Good luck with that turning around. Otherwise, you'll have more time for new friends :p

Hugstable

Banned

But those classic games are always invaluable :(. yGray speaks the truth.

Companies just don't get that it's a hard market to enter. Making MOBAs to fail. Like crytek.

Pretty much. Dota isn't too bad for casuls as long as you take the time to learn over time. Just don't let a few bad individuals spoil the game for you in those first few games.

So I won Gun Monkeys from MulderWasTaken earlier and thanked him.

I just got home to redeem it, and it looks like Steam put one in my library and another one in my inventory?

I also totally won Thunder Wolves from General_Frags. Thanks a ton!

I'll definitely have to give away some more games this weekend!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see on steam I had a gift and when I clicked to check there was nothing.

What is going on? >.>

yGray

Banned

It happens man. don't think anything of it. you will find reasons to hang out eventually

Chariot

God, BattleBlock Theater makes me so angry while playing. I want my casual "you're the greatest for pushing one button"-games back ;___;

Lomax

I think just like with MMOs, there's room so long as they fill a niche and don't think they are going to do millions and millions. Look at something like Smite, it's doing pretty well by most accounts. But all these major studios jumping on the bandwagon looks just like the MMO bubble and it isn't going to go well for most of them.

I just got home to redeem it, and it looks like Steam put one in my library and another one in my inventory?

I also totally won Thunder Wolves from General_Frags. Thanks a ton!

I'll definitely have to give away some more games this weekend!

The Dev of Gun Monkeys set it up so that every copy gives out a free copy as well, because it's a multiplayer indie game with no players and he was trying to remedy that. Didn't really help though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for 140 StAidan! :)

Been on my wishlist for quite some time

Kiru

It's normal. Every copy of the game gets a extra copy in the inventory to give to a friend so you can play together. The Multiplayer was barren so they introduced that some time after the game got released.

Levyne

Banned
There's a new list that helps a lot in figuring out who everyone is if you haven't seen it yet!

Wow, that list has a VERY old name for me (Khold). I guess I'll re-introduce..

The post-sale speed has it hard for me to poke in here often but here's my profile if anyone recognizes me and has space on their friend list.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Levyne/

So that this isn't just a beg-for-friends post..hope it works, if not PM me and I'll work it out

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crysis -- MB-4DA356740C88D430 - Taken by derExperte. 8 entrants total.

t1404421473z1.png

Also I won Antichamber. Thanks StAidan!

zkylon

zkylewd

YEA

how can u compete with this stuff

Dota2_Neutral_Ogre_Old.jpg

eat it crytek :>

edit: actually honest i don't think people should be making so many zombas. like blizz's will do fine cos it's blizz but devs should just give it up before they really hurt themselves

I'm a sucker for pretty animation.
Just not a fan/good at mobas :(
don't worry you can just watch my vods :3

awww dude

call your friend

Look at what you are doing to yourself in the name of a working sink...
i actually do this more often than i should as i'm really bad at keeping my fridge stocked

You take that back. There's nothing casual about the love zky has for his waifu(s). :mad:
totes

i'm in for the long run

MOBA's are to PC as Call of Duty type games are to consoles, they are cheap/easy to make, have millions of players and have a fairly effective monetization method, B-tier MOBA's are always going to be around because of those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom