• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Wow, that list has a VERY old name for me (Khold). I guess I'll re-introduce..

The post-sale speed has it hard for me to poke in here often but here's my profile if anyone recognizes me and has space on their friend list.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Levyne/

So that this isn't just a beg-for-friends post..hope it works, if not PM me and I'll work it out

You can update your info for the list right here and I'll delete the old entry once I get back home!

MOBA's are to PC as Call of Duty type games are to consoles, they are cheap/easy to make, have millions of players and have a fairly effective monetization method, B-tier MOBA's are always going to be around because of those reasons.

I haven't seen a call of duty clone take off on consoles in, like, ever. The closes was Medal of Honor and those games are gone.

yGray

Banned
oh wow I just realized the joke.
that's pretty crazy. who develops this shit

trainsim.png

zkylon

zkylewd
MOBA's are to PC as Call of Duty type games are to consoles, they are cheap/easy to make, have millions of players and have a fairly effective monetization method, B-tier MOBA's are always going to be around because of those reasons.

so they said about mmos and a lot of people went bankrupt failing to get 1% of what wow did

same will happen with zomba genre

aku:jiki

Just gave Urban Trial Freestyle a go and...it's not bad? It's obviously not as good as Trials, the bike handling doesn't feel as good, but the levels are pretty fun with tons of stuff going on constantly. I've played like 5 levels and I've already blown shit up, been chased by a giant boulder, had flaming barrels thrown at me and rammed cops.

CoD is cheap to make? I've seen all kinds of insults lobbed at that franchise but that one's new.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
header_292x136.jpg

Claire now has a Steam Store page. Releasing in 4 days.

Should hit Early Access when it releases, have a release discount. A 2D survival-horror game I've played an hour of the alpha of, and thought it held a lot of promise over half a year ago.[/IMG]

Ah wonderful. I remember playing a bit of it some time ago and enjoying the tone and style they had with the characters. Thanks for the heads up.

I also see they added controller support, good for some of my friends who may have passed it by because of that.

chronomac

Here are some keys that I've tried to give away but haven't been taken. Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-822041B521DACABF - Taken by cardinalmind
Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer -- MB-4872BA357981B963 - Taken by iosefe
Company of Heroes 2 German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-D7D1053A2D9929EC - Taken by Belgarion
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-AC56112AA6E927ED - Taken by Mikurden
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-B31AD1BE32271F83
Tidalis (CD Key) -- MB-2E4F3C262712C4BF - Taken by swx
Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-CC70D05D69A0EA7B - Taken by GUN-NAC
Company of Heroes 2 German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-3EF9AE108BA8E142 - Taken by GUN-NAC

Also I got an extra Humble Weekly Bundle. So enjoy that too, if you win:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these alines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kami -- MB-FF8E2B19F5A471A0 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
140 -- MB-53D15B209C2D1524 - Taken by Dambrosi. 10 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-E537085E5D94F317 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1404431744z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
that claire game looks like cool shit

sort of makes me wanna play lone survivor dc

CoD is cheap to make? I've seen all kinds of insults lobbed at that franchise but that one's new.
i guess he means b-tier version of these games but those are never really successful.

i'm guessing making a zomba game isn't so expensive compared to an rpg or something but it's still probably a whole bunch of millions that crytek's putting down

dani_dc

Think I'm going to try Hate Plus. In the meantime here's some games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Garry's Mod -- MB-4DF213D581430FE8 - Taken by tioslash. 5 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-06F2EC920C705007
Magicka -- MB-AF8CE7F431AEC354

t1404422370z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I already received Bad Rats. :p

reminds me. what the significance of receiving a copy of Bad Rats is?

It's like a STI/STD, just something that isn't very good and gets spread around.

Unless it's won in a giveaway as a roulette (random chance of getting Bad Rats or a game you actually want), which means you then have to play it and try to beat it.

Speevy

Banned
I have Bad Rats and I can't even remember why.

I'll bet the game has actually sold millions of copies from people giving it as a gag gift.

Just gave Urban Trial Freestyle a go and...it's not bad? It's obviously not as good as Trials, the bike handling doesn't feel as good, but the levels are pretty fun with tons of stuff going on constantly. I've played like 5 levels and I've already blown shit up, been chased by a giant boulder, had flaming barrels thrown at me and rammed cops.

Call of Duty type games are cheap, not actually Call of Duty, I was referring to the B-tier games that copy the COD formula, I have no idea what COD's budget it is but I would think Activision would just gives them a blank check.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Reposting because it got buried previously

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

t1cxE6r.gif
Total War: ROME II -- MB-80302CA0FE420EC7 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 62 entrants total.

t1404499458z1.png

Woud've actually bought beoynd the average, but some users here posted reviews for raetikon, and i gave up. so good luck for whoever wins!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-4AE03272B6CBA32A

t1404422249z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom