• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Comments all over the place. Though looks like the positive wins out.
I'll watch it this weekend after the 4th of july.

I'm not saying it's a bad film, its pretty good in fact. But compared to the intense action of Hotline Miami, Drive is a radical departure.

1qBTmbj.png

Shadownet, thank you so much dude, you didn't have to but I really appreciate it! :)

Jawmuncher

I'm not saying it's a bad film, its pretty good in fact. But compared to the intense action of Hotline Miami, Drive is a radical departure.

I should of mentioned that while I love the action in Hotline Miami.
I also really enjoyed the other aspects as well.

derExperte

derExperte is a cool person. Gifted me something after winning my modbot giveaway just because

Thanks, derExperte!

Well I felt a bit bad after winning Crysis which I already played (even if it was a shocking 7 years ago, a replay will happen soon) while you haven't. Maybe start with C2 if you feel the urge one day, it's a bit easier to get into.

Well, that was the worst time to post that, haha. Again, for the new page!

Just wanting the spread the generosity around a little here, I've been on the receiving end of a great deal of giveaways here in the Steam thread and I've not always been in the best position to give back, I wanted to rectify that somewhat. Here you go, I will PM the winner to arrange gifting!

Thanks for this -- I'll take a shot at it.

Now to hack modbot to ensure I win. :3

Salsa

talked to shadownet yesterday

guys ace

a+++ steam thread ambassador

he must fight sub zero to the death

too bad about saoirse

Gangxxter

Well, that was the worst time to post that, haha. Again, for the new page!

Just wanting the spread the generosity around a little here, I've been on the receiving end of a great deal of giveaways here in the Steam thread and I've not always been in the best position to give back, I wanted to rectify that somewhat. Here you go, I will PM the winner to arrange gifting!
Very generous of you, cool idea!

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight 2 -- MB-532B0868EEE6C0EC - Taken by super-famicom. 14 entrants total.

t1404425215z1.png

Man, I can't even keep up with the 5 posts per thread with how fast this stuff moves to join in the crazy giveaways. Trying to figure out if I should nab this recent Humble Bundle or not. They really have figured out the sweet spot where they are not the insane no-brainers like they used to be. But they are still usually all usually really good deals that you have the consider the all the various tiers of.

Tenrius

I was wondering about the weird "disk write error" I was getting when trying to update Original Sin and it turned out I ran out of space on my HDD. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some spares before work

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kami -- MB-98E15C33A648E6DA - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-12B42AB6BE4767C6 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-0A3B3DCFD9F0F9B5 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.

t1404425390z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Alright 2 more attempts at O&S and it's break time for Dark Souls for an hour or so. Been progressing with each fight which is good, and finally getting to the point of where I can take out Orenstein on some attempts, but it uses alot of my life and estus to get to that point still. So hard, but god damn am I loving this.

Jawmuncher

Alright 2 more attempts at O&S and it's break time for Dark Souls for an hour or so. Been progressing with each fight which is good, and finally getting to the point of where I can take out Orenstein on some attempts, but it uses alot of my life and estus to get to that point still. So hard, but god damn am I loving this.

Do you have the lightning shield or whatever the hell it's called from the swamp area?
That shield works wonders in that fight.

Salsa

game is dope

ModBot said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header.jpg

140 -- MB-CC0CC4034F885B6A - Taken by derExperte. 10 entrants total.

t1404425593z1.png

Levyne

Banned

I could never beat that fight without Solaire. I am shamed.

Scythian

Which bosses have you already killed? I'm also at O&S, but haven't been able to beat them ;__;

It's giving me gaming PTSD just thinking back to that. I ended that battle with like an hour long kiting battle with a crossbow and a ton of bolts. I was a melee character, but I just didn't have the dodging chops to make that battle work close up.

Salsa

HdmmC0W.png

Speevy you're a boss. I was about to preorder this as I was really looking forward to it. Thanks man :)

So now I must do something with the money I was saving for the Gods will be Watching Preorder. I will either
1.Gift something back to Speevy
2.Host another giveaway here

What do you say GAF?

damn!

now it's a 3 way battle

Shadownet

Banned
So I'm about to re-raffle The Banner Saga, But Modbot sent me a pm saying.

Error: The key you tried to add for The Banner Saga failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

what should I do now?

Fellow Gaffers who have been kind to me last month

- Xelios

- Sajjaja
Thanks for being Canadian

- almostheathen
Thanks for the invite to tomorrow's BBQ

- DunderHassan
Even though you no longer make the trips over the border to Russia and bring back those sweet black market deals anymore, I think you're a great person!

- The Monk
Thank you for teaching me your ways

- Salsa
Thanks for nachos

UncleBiz

So I'm about to re-raffle The Banner Saga, But Modbot sent me a pm saying.

what should I do now?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641
Full format for recycling old taken keys
Title: nuke these keys
Body:
GHHH-EH11-J1J2
ABCD-EFGH-EEEE
LOKE-JOKE-ROTE

You will not receive a response or feedback, and the original post will not be edited to reflect that your claim has been relinquished, but the key will be removed from ModBot. The record of the person who originally took the key will not be erased, and they will be considered to have won for the rules that prohibit previous winners from partaking. Why so stringent? To prevent people from winning keys, redeeming them, nuking them to remove themselves from the winners list, and claiming more keys. Also, to dissuade people from claiming keys they don't want.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OK, this sounds pretty cool, and I take it as high praise that you changed your avatar to this game, so I'll be keeping an eye out :)

I simply love the Artstyle and Music and the gameplay sounds really promising. I like Team ACE games cause they are unique/weird enough to stand alone on style despite some flaws on the game design which doesn't stop the games from being good overall.

On other news VS Mode will be offline at launch but it will be patched later for online play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom