• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

header_292x136.jpg

Claire now has a Steam Store page. Releasing in 4 days.

Should hit Early Access when it releases, have a release discount. A 2D survival-horror game I've played an hour of the alpha of, and thought it held a lot of promise over half a year ago.

New Steam Launch Trailer for Claire as well.

ss_8e29e2bcd2261bb6a02079d8064d24c09f995e1e.600x338.jpg
ss_f1ad4b5acaa69de13300ee8b68bc17c77b311911.600x338.jpg
ss_8b5c35a086fcfa6fd07b5c2624a2a3858bf17666.600x338.jpg
ss_d015bc6595946ed821a085dece2af5537342c1b6.600x338.jpg
ss_92f3233a1d6edacc4aac6aafafd78d6e04a52cdd.600x338.jpg
ss_c17cf6d9fb133cfd54d494da37bd3606866184a0.600x338.jpg
ss_dd94cc6c2b740f62424186b1371466e1a3a7cf25.600x338.jpg

That looks a lot like Lone Survivor! Very cool.

What is Abyss Odyssey?
Abyss Odyssey is a Fighting Game - Roguelike - Platformer Adventure

What does all that means?
Fighting Game: Where your hero characters AND enemies have very varied move sets.

Roguelike: Where the world, enemy encounters and even which power ups you will find are all unpredictable

Platformer Adventure: Where you will help Katrien explore an abyss full of traps, pits and the Warlock´s nightmares.

Source (Will also be on the OT)

Officially on my wish list now.

jtgvmh.gif

http://a.pomf.se/szxnns.webm

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Velocity Ultra -- MB-39C98C91010C01C6 - Taken by ihateyourhat. 9 entrants total.

t1404427702z1.png

for 2 players it sucks cause it divides the screen in 4 no matter what

Ohh, that's interesting. I just kinda assumed that it was all on the same screen, not split screen segments. That might actually be a bit small on my TV as well, I'll have to see what I think about that. Thanks for the info.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ugh the left click of my old laptop fucked up and now I gotta either look for a mouse or click with the touchpad. -_-

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Roguelike: Where the world, enemy encounters and even which power ups you will find are all unpredictable

tumblr_lroen5OC4z1qhgr6oo1_400.gif

I think the term you're looking for there is "procedurally generated".

Salsa

Ohh, that's interesting. I just kinda assumed that it was all on the same screen, not split screen segments. That might actually be a bit small on my TV as well, I'll have to see what I think about that. Thanks for the info.

fun fact #2: dude who made the art did my avatar

oipic

Guys, please do not buy this game. I have probably played more of it than any of you, and it's not worth the headache.

Why oh why can't we have a decent tennis game? As far as sports games are concerned, I would've thought that capturing and nailing the mechanics of tennis would be among the (relatively) easier things to do... Given the general popularity of tennis, it feels like an opportunity missed somehow.

Serena Williams Viral Illness Simulator 2015 please.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Im just quoting from their website sir.

It's all good, that's what I figured and I'm not calling you out personally. ;)

It just kind of cements the theory we've had around here lately that even the game devs don't know what the term "roguelike" means anymore.

Copons

If the first Virtua Tennis was still a thing and was on Steam with multi and all that, I'd Kafelnikov your asses so hard you all would be paying your games ~60% cheaper.

garath

What is Abyss Odyssey?
Abyss Odyssey is a Fighting Game - Roguelike - Platformer Adventure

What does all that means?
Fighting Game: Where your hero characters AND enemies have very varied move sets.

Platformer Adventure: Where you will help Katrien explore an abyss full of traps, pits and the Warlock´s nightmares.

Damn. That looks cool. Wish listed.

Speevy

Banned
Why? I say it is worth whatever headaches GFWL might cause.

I'll tell you why. First, it often resets your ranking because it saves it to a file rather than the server. Second, no one's playing it anymore. Third, the people who are playing it use varied shots which is ridiculously OP.

I was ranked inside the top 100. The game can be very fun, but just to blindly recommend it, I'm sorry. I feel qualified to make such a judgment, and you're certainly qualified to disagree with me.

Tenrius

Dragon's Dogma is often requested around here, but I would kill for okami.

Apparently the ps3 HD port is phenomenal.

Too bad I already played it to death. I think I played through the entire thing in less than a week with over 50 hours of total playtime. Still get nauseous when I think about it. :/

derExperte

Apparently I already got it from somewhere, so: 7JG3J-FIZEQ-ZVCFJ

I'll tell you why. First, it often resets your ranking because it saves it to a file rather than the server. Second, no one's playing it anymore. Third, the people who are playing it use varied shots which is ridiculously OP.

I was ranked inside the top 100. The game can be very fun, but just to blindly recommend it, I'm sorry. I feel qualified to make such a judgment, and you're certainly qualified to disagree with me.

Ah, you're talking about online multiplayer, I can't say anything about that. The VTs were always offline or couch mp games for me.

Levyne

Banned
Too bad I already played it to death. I think I played through the entire thing in less than a week with over 50 hours of total playtime. Still get nauseous when I think about it. :/

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to do it all again....but I probably would x_x

jshackles

I feel like it's a major accomplishment that Google now knows what Enhanced Steam is:

Speevy

Banned
I like the style of Ballpoint Universe, but I'm confused about its use of a mouse rather than a controller. I mean I know it's a PC game, but an option would have been nice.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

It just kind of cements the theory we've had around here lately that even the game devs don't know what the term "roguelike" means anymore.

I think part of the issue is that even sites like wikipedia or steam categorize games like that. It confuses everyone and eventually many forget what they actually meant to say. Look at some games that call themselves RPGs simply cause it has some vague elements of RPGs they are not really RPGs but having a small hint of the genre already seems to be accepted as RPG.

Hugstable

Banned
I feel like it's a major accomplishment that Google now knows what Enhanced Steam is:

Oh damn congrats! And they are right, I won't want to miss these features cause they are too damn great. Thanks again, amazing that Enchanced Steam came from someone right here in SteamGAF.

I'm sorry guys but Okami was boring. It went on far too long.

It was. It was 3 damn games mashed into 1. Which made it feel like it was wrapping up and you were going to hit the climax versus a final boss any minute and then... surprise, the game keeps going and you're sorta at a new beginning.

Between that and the friggin' gobbledegook making me play with no sound, I am not a fan of Okami... I want to try it again someday without the gobbledegook, but alas, I currently have no hope for that.

Caerith

Do any of our genre names mean anything anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom