• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think part of the issue is that even sites like wikipedia or steam categorize games like that. It confuses everyone and eventually many forget what they actually meant to say. Look at some games that call themselves RPGs simply cause it has some vague elements of RPGs they are not really RPGs but having a small hint of the genre already seems to be accepted as RPG.

Good point. I suppose it's just one of those things we'll have to live with, but I sure wish there was a better distinction. Oh well, game looks great anyway.

Where is that link so I can throw a few bones at your server costs? This shit is too good to not support!

You can donate here. Thanks!

jtgvmh.gif

http://a.pomf.se/szxnns.webm

Thank you! I'm going to try it out now!

Mono

I'm redoing this raffle cause yGray won it. Even though he didnt need to enter. He could have ask me, and I would have given him a copy. :) which I will. But this is for the rest of you guys who want to play this.

If you're my bros. You know who you are. please dont enter :) just put it on your wishlist and I'll get it for you sooner or later.

the rest of you, best of luck.

OMG, I'm such a dingus and didn't read the text! Sorry, about that; that could be the warm up giveaway! \o/

derExperte

So I've best season 1 on vita and own season 2 on pc. My question is do I need to play 400 days or can I go straight to season 2?

Some of the characters from 400 appear in S2 but most of them get about five seconds screen time. One or two a bit more but there's nothing in it that you won't understand.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've best season 1 on vita and own season 2 on pc. My question is do I need to play 400 days or can I go straight to season 2?

400 Days (very loosely) introduces a few of the characters from Season 2. It's pretty skippable, but gives you a bit more back-story on some of the minor characters you encounter in Season 2.

I would say it's worth playing, but not essential.

Ezalc

Anybody ever buy a game just to find out your pc can't run it properly? *sigh*

Shadow is apologizing for being extremely generous and creating a giveaway for one of the best games released recently. What has this world come to.

iosefe

does anyone know what key looks like this:

Code:
XXXX-1234-XXXX-1

I got it from a modbot giveaway. it doesn't work on steam and it's not a desura gift key

I'm sorry guys but Okami was boring. It went on far too long.

That's the super great part about this Steam / PC / Indie / Humble Bundle / B-tier gaming boom that we are in the middle of. I *love* six hour games. I just don't want to pay $60 for them. Especially with single player stuff it's great to just grab a bit sized morsel, consume it, then move on to the next thing. It's just so hard to avoid filler content in a long game, and some (read:almost all) experiences actually work much better in a shorter / cheaper package. Stuff like Bastion and Gunslinger were some of my favorite games from the last few years, but neither of them would have really worked well if they tried to cover 20+ hours. The mechanics would have gotten stale and the stories stretched out interminably. They functioned way better as single digit hour games that sold for <$15. Part of me still thinks that I'm a teenager with all the time in the world to play stuff like Okami, but I'm starting to get that long games like that are just not me anymore and I'm really starting to enjoy it this way.

EdmondD

Glad to see appreciation for Abyss Odyssey. Couple months ago I happened to see some videos of it on gametrailers and I was completely sold on it. I got even more hyped when I realized it was made by ACE Team. I actually beat Zeno Clash 2 not too long ago and I absolutely loved it despite its flaws. Fantastic game. These guys have incredible artists working for them.

Salsa

w6rzG8V.png

k here's a tutorial for shadownet

when you wanna purchase a game, the first step is this

YzrN6Ju.png

you add it to your cart

then, step 2 comes in:

sQrGE0e.png

"purchase for MYSELF", this is crucial. I think THIS is the part where he's messing up.

4f7TadA.png

after you put your payment info you have to agree to Steam's terms and the game will actually appear on YOUR library, not others!

this should hopefully stop the madness

Glad to see appreciation for Abyss Odyssey. Couple months ago I happened to see some videos of it on gametrailers and I was completely sold on it. I got even more hyped when I realized it was made by ACE Team. I actually beat Zeno Clash 2 not to long ago and I absolutely loved it despite it's flaws. Fantastic game. These guys have incredible artists working for them.

The Zeno games are favorites of mine, so much creativity!

I'm quite excited about Abyss Odyssey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom