• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifteen minutes left, last chance for anyone that still wants in!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-7AD52F97811B0A15
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-F0396AEF7C49D216
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-486AA47EEFA9C5B9 - Taken by Real4Life
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-EE271A4DCAD8A6E4 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-DF06D60C15E7B588

t1404430014z1.png

AngerdX

Work sucks can´t seem to gather myself to start the giveaway for Sunless Sea yet, and even worse i can´t seem to establish how to do it really, so if the good folks of steamgaf knows someone who would really appreciate the game and deserves it, PM me their gaff name and the one name i get most pms for gets it.

I havn´t been around long enough to really have a feel for all the good ppl here.

Yeah i know i suck at this...

Hugstable

Banned
Pridemoor Keep in Shovel Knight reminds so much of a mix of Tomahawk Man's pink sky color and the design of Knight Mans stage from Megaman 6. So many Megaman references

Just giving these a second shot to see if anyone wants them :p

The Showdown Effect -- MB-0E767CCDA3E99EE6 - Taken by Sofa King. 2 entrants total.
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-6FF8658645C14AC3 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

Guys, please do not buy this game. I have probably played more of it than any of you, and it's not worth the headache.

you can't tell me what to do :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Virtua Tennis 4 -- MB-9C51D707BCDCFE9D - Taken by Leg-End. 7 entrants total.

t1404430071z1.png

Ezalc

It's for this reason that I've never bothered to install Crysis 2. One day... one day.

My 486 had serious problems with Wing Commader 4. 3 was okay besides the five minutes mission load times.

This is my problem with Age of Wonders 3. My PC can run Civ V completely fine on some pretty good settings, but Age seems to crash whenever I start one of the campaigns. I managed to play a bit of a random game but I had to put the settings so low that I felt like I was playing something from the 90s.

Then again my pc is old, I need a new one but I'll probably have to wait until next year until I can really do anything about that. And thus my sadness with Divinity Original Sin continues, it looks so good. I was thinking about getting it in a few months, but I'm not sure if my pc will run it adequately. Most likely not unfortunately.

Mono

Question: When I take screenshots while playing a game, how do I get them to show up in my content thing?

If the screenshot manager doesn't open automatically after you close your game, go to the Steam client -> View -> Screenshots. It's set to show you your last session by default but sometimes it doesn't work, so select the game you took screenshots in, select them, add any comments you want, and then click the upload button.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, why wouldn't you put a fucking trainee all alone in the shift before mine, it's not like I have to fix all the fuck ups he does or anything

Thank god it's my last day of the week

EdmondD

The Zeno games are favorites of mine, so much creativity!

I'm quite excited about Abyss Odyssey!

One of the more exciting things about Abyss Odyssey is that the combat looks smooth and fluid with seemingly lots of depth. One of the major flaws of the Zeno game was the weird clunky combat. It wasn't terrible but it could have been a lot better. It's understandable though since first person combat is tricky.

AngerdX

Yes, why wouldn't you put a fucking trainee all alone in the shift before mine, it's not like I have to fix all the fuck ups he does or anything

Thank god it's my last day of the week

Wow welcome to my day at work and on top of it i get the same this sunday for my 13h shift sigh

Mono

I watched the trailer for Cinders! It seems to half have a really beautiful art style and then switches over to one with less personality? That's super weird.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Everybody should limit their wishlist to expensive, region locked games in order to stop Shadownet's gifting spree

dot

I'm 2/8 now for M&Ms...or was it 2/9? I failed so many times i don't even know anymore.

please don't start posting candy/dessert pics

Everybody should limit their wishlist to expensive, region locked games in order to stop Shadownet's gifting spree

Well for what it's worth I just added Witcher 3 to the top of mine :p Also could someone please repost that Steam Profile Google Doc? After I update my profile a bit I think I should add myself, I never really used Steam as a chat method but I figured I could give something back to everyone in the thread in the future :)

Mono

Does anyone who uses a PS3 controller know if the DS3 Tool is the same as Motionjoy. I thought they were the same, but maybe they aren't?

dot

Speaking of nuking, can you only nuke keys or can you nuke links too? I still got my Final Slam 2 that apparently nobody wants...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are we breaking Jshack's heart now?

the other day I realised I never downloaded any ES besides the first one, so unless that shit auto updates...sorry shack >_>

to be fair I only really use the client

Gone Home has an algebra book for beginners that's looks like it would be like 30 pages long.

That ain't the beginning of algebra, that's like the introduction to a 200 page algebra book that will make you want to kill yourself by page 50. I expect more from my in game books on a shelf, dammit.

fallout

So....I played Rogue Legacy.

I hate myself.
I played through it, putting in probably about 20 hours. Somehow, I found the experience both satisfying and lackluster. I never really could pin it down, but I think a lot of it had to do with the grinding sneakily guiding my progression through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom