• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
my first post on the first Steam thread is apparently about TF2 sync issues

but this is my second one:

Xju4fIP.png

awhyeah

OK, now wish for Half-Life 3.

Salsa

also the notion that the first Steam thread reached the page limit in just short of 3 years is hilarious

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure my first post in a steam thread was asking about the title.
Recall it was something ridiculous and obviously a injoke that I wanted to know.

Mokoi

Banned
It's "The Plan," an interactive art experience thing not unlike Gone Home and Dear Esther.

Oh that's cool I downloaded it, but i'll play it later though.
Probably won't

Well looks like I will be posting here from now on too after the amazing sale threads :D I want to thank every single person here who made me read about Astebreed! I like shumps but they aren't my favorite genre or anything close but damn this game is something else... Originally I was skeptical since the graphics and art seemed a bit eh for 20€ but now I kind of regret not giving Edelweiss their full money because of the Steam Sale. Seeing it in motion with 60fps and in 1080p plus hearing the music and the entire prologue... I am blown away, top contender for best game I ever got during a sale :p

Heck if I find the time I'm contemplating to make a OT for it as there seemingly isn't one yet, everyone who said it's the closest thing to Zone of the Enders 3 we ever get was so right. Kojima should freelance hire Edelweiss and give them the resources and the FOX Engine to make ZoE3 however they want on PS4/XBOX/PC and it will be the most glorious thing on earth! :D Alternatively they could take the engine and make Astebreed 2 :p

But yeah I should stop gushing, this game took me by surprise and I'm so glad I listened to SteamGAF :)

It's so good! Glad you liked it. There was a thread telling people to buy it, but it seemed like everybody ignored it. It would be nice to have an Asssstebreed 2 or game of that nature.

Ventara

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-DD820E99DDF72AFF - Taken by Ventara
Medal of Honor -- MB-9EA20DE7CC749B28 - Taken by jiggsaw

Wow, the giveaways continue even after the sale? Thanks, billmcdougal! I shall tell my grandchildren tales of your generosity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanks JaseC - man you are a champ when it comes to the intricacies of Steam ^^
but no matter what, he still need to use a VPN to unlock the game first right? (before he can do either option you suggested)

Yeah, PRIC also region-locks gifts at the activation level. Take RO2's Mistletoe Hat, for example:

Sub ID 35368
Name Mistletoe Hat
prohibitrunincountries BR JP CN PH SG VN MY ID TH TW
This is a restricted gift which can not be redeemed in these countries: Brazil, Japan, China, Philippines, Singapore, Viet Nam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan

Adnor

Banned
The weird thing isn't giveaways after a sale, but a day without giveaways thing that has never ever happened.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of which, someone has to do the daily/midweek update and the possible humblebundle update tomorrow. I'll be at the doctor's during those times -_-

I can take the reigns if no one else will.
hope your doctor stuff isnt anything serious.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing different about giveaways outside of the summer sale is that I have a shot to win.

They're mostly bundled games too, outside of a few.

i thought the stand-in for a sarcasm font was to ignore capitalization and sentence-ending punctuation

Nah, that's when you end sentences without punctuation only, that way I can tell the difference between a zkylon post and someone else's

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-DD820E99DDF72AFF - Taken by Ventara
Medal of Honor -- MB-9EA20DE7CC749B28 - Taken by jiggsaw

Thanks!

Caerith

Let's light the fires and spintires
I didn't know I wanted this. Thanks for offering it!

Hmm...a memory issue. I don't run my PC 24/7, but I haven't rebooted it since turning it on this morning.
Every time I have an issue with a PC game, it's either low memory (thanks, chrome!), heat (thanks, SoCal!), or strange issues specific to a game requiring a reboot between install and play (but this is rare). I hope you're able to get past the stuttering, though-- it's a pretty fun game to play for hours on end.

Well, I guess you could say the Steam Summer Sale has Gone Home.

Get it? Gone Home?

Get it???

Just in case you didn't get it, here's your chance (plus a few Desura keys)!
I hope everyone gets on this.
And discovers the ghost.

Jawmuncher

I didn't know I wanted this. Thanks for offering it!

Every time I have an issue with a PC game, it's either low memory (thanks, chrome!), heat (thanks, SoCal!), or strange issues specific to a game requiring a reboot between install and play (but this is rare). I hope you're able to get past the stuttering, though-- it's a pretty fun game to play for hours on end.

I hope everyone gets on this.
And discovers the ghost.

spoilers in a spoiler tag, who does that.

fallout

my first post on the first Steam thread is apparently about TF2 sync issues

but this is my second one:

Xju4fIP.png

awhyeah
I remember thinking to myself way back then: "This would be great if they could just get the big publishers on board!" ... and now I find myself playing mostly indie games.

Tellaerin

to think i used to write all proper-like with like capitalizing and shit

It's weird, zky. It usually drives me up a wall when people don't capitalize or use punctuation. Doesn't bug me when you do it, though. Kind of like reading free verse.

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah he was pretty terrible.
I wrote about it before but it would have been a far more interesting "art' game if perhaps the things you had done while at the table influenced what he actually said or did.
Now, see, that would be interesting. The Dinner Date dev was too interested in being "deep" to worry about that.

Oh, and can you guys cool it with the Astebreed praise, please? For my sake? Every time I see yet another gushing post about the game, I die a little inside. All because some prick on eBay wouldn't pay for their shit. Oh, I mad. I positively turning muscly and green and HULK SMASH.

Ventara

tumblr_le6b8478IR1qzjepc.gif

you must be new

This is the second time you're pointing out I'm new, lol. Yes, I'm fresh off the boat and like a fat man discovering donuts for the first time, I am loving everything about Steam gaf and completely savoring in all the awesomeness that it is.

Anyways, I decided to check out my Steam backlog. Out of 347 games, I have only played 64 games, only 32 of which I have played more than an hour, and only 15 of those which I have played long enough to say I've "finished" them. I hope you guys are just as crazy so I don't feel as bad about this.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's weird, zky. It usually drives me up a wall when people don't capitalize or use punctuation. Doesn't bug me when you do it, though. Kind of like reading free verse.

it's all thanks to my like stream-of-consciousness gonzo style of posting

no time for silly things like periods and whatchamacallits

Levyne

Banned
Damn, how'd this thread get to page 8 already. Jesus.

So yeah, Divinity is fun and it's going to kill sooooo much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom