• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
are we breaking Jshack's heart now?

the other day I realised I never downloaded any ES besides the first one, so unless that shit auto updates...sorry shack >_>

to be fair I only really use the client

If you're using the Standalone, there haven't been too many updates, but a few. You should definitely grab the latest code, it fixes a lot of stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my top 2 games in the wishlist are two 59.99 region locked games, come at me bros!

Tellaerin

Gone Home has an algebra book for beginners that's looks like it would be like 30 pages long.

That ain't the beginning of algebra, that's like the introduction to a 200 page algebra book that will make you want to kill yourself by page 50. I expect more from my in game books on a shelf, dammit.

They can't all be The Lusty Argonian Maid, man.

Very different things. Motionjoy is a program I don't completely trust, while DS3 X Input Wrapper is just some drivers that make you PC think the DS3 is a 360 controller.

There are three things.

Motioninjoy - Driver and add supported UI for configuring it. Evil, not to be ever used.
DS3Tool - Alternative UI for configuring the Motioninjoy driver without ads. Still requires evil, so evil by association, not to be ever used.
DS3 X Input Wrapper - Just works (mostly), not evil. Recommended.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you're using the Standalone, there haven't been too many updates, but a few. You should definitely grab the latest code, it fixes a lot of stuff.

I dont understand the words you are typing Shack, I use firefox and I have ES for firefox, I dont know if its standalone or what :/

I keep forgeting to update, and I should too since im using the site more lately since ive been dealing with russians

I dont understand the words you are typing Shack, I use firefox and I have ES for firefox, I dont know if its standalone or what :/

I keep forgeting to update, and I should too since im using the site more lately since ive been dealing with russians

If you have it as a Firefox extension, then it's not the standalone.

I don't know if the extensions auto-update, as I just installed it myself.

Mono

As far as I know MotionJoy installs itself as DS3 Tool, the only other DS3 drivers I know are the Scarlet Crush DS3 drivers.

EDIT: Install this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Very shady of them!

Does anyone know how the hell to get rid of Motionjoy?

Thanks for that as well!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Oh then all you need to do is uninstall the version you have, and install the one that's here:

http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com/

From then on it'll stay up to date.

Very shady of them!

Uninstall it through the Control Panel and then do this:

Navigate to Control Panel > Device manager > Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class > Motioninjoy Virtual Xinput Device For Windows.

Don't click uninstall from here, but instead right click and then choose "properties".
Next select the "driver" tab at the top, then at the bottom choose "uninstall", then in the new window that opens place a tick in the box to "delete the driver software for this device", then click OK and you are done, it should now be gone.

Speevy

Banned
I think it was Motionjoy that actually overrode all my drivers so I couldn't install any new keyboards or mice. Nasty program.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the Humble weekly games that don't really interest me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kami -- MB-16706DF538DE935D - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 5 entrants total.
140 -- MB-35B404DB6CEA3E95 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 4 entrants total.

t1404431130z1.png

Rhaknar

NightmareTrigger is my favorite new Steam Gaffer

It is decided. Sorry to all the losers

dani_dc

Very shady of them!

When in doubt the answer is always to format your PC!

GameMaker: Studio Master Collection for $799.99

Everyone put this on top of your wishlist.

Can't put collections on your wishlists, but I did put Galatic Civ III as mine
during the summer, in case I won the summer sales prizes.

guys speaking of! holy shit!!

WJfnxnq.jpg

Well, that backfired rather quickly.

You should try the local co op if you can. Even more head aches!!

QbLyK15.gif

How does it work? We both control one Octodad or is there two of them? Oh God, both sound like utter chaos.

Have you seen the Octodad speedrun? It was like 20 minutes long.

I just watched it on Youtube, the guy was playing it like it was Mario 64 or something. It took me like 20 minutes to grab the cereal before the lady in the supermarket could.

Rhaknar

I never liked you anyway.

weeps

I said favorite new, not my new favorite

you are old

I think it costs 20-25 keys if you buy it from the Russians.

There are no cheap ruskie copies for Wolf, Watch Dogs or Call of Doody Advanced Dogfare though

well Watch Doges and AW are region locked, thats the 2 games on the top of my wishlist I was talking about

otherwise I would already have them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom