• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My TV was having problems with my PS3, so I messed with the HDMI cable (unplugged it and plugged it again), and now the console doesn't input a video signal anymore. Not even via composite.

Looks like I'll be spending more time on Steam, once again :/

reggie.gif

Steam da best

Salsa

Oh wow, that Gamefly sale aren't too bad. Just picked up A Story About My Uncle, Postmortem: One Must Die, Stick It to the Man, Stranded, Stealth Bastard Deluxe and The Last Door: Collector's Edition.

oh damn thanks for the heads up

couple dollars short for A Story About My Uncle after grabbin today's humble bundle but that's a further discount than the summer sales right? I expect it to go on sale accordingly soon on steam then

where I can farm them cards 😎

Jawmuncher

I saw this and got confused.

$5 shotgun DLC, not on sale, as the top seller on Steam over ANY other sale or package or game? Is PAYDAY 2's popularity really that high, or are sales on Steam just really low right now?

The highest amount of players was achieved during the summer sale. My guess is a lot of those guys bought all the DLC and have figured they might as well keep up with it.

Eanan

OMG, my PS3 controller just works when I plug it in now!! \o/ How in the world did I put up with Motionjoy for so long?

Does it work over bluetooth wireless? Do you have a bluetooth dongle?

Also, reminder:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack -- MB-0B02F75B39D724B5 - Taken by Caerith. 3 entrants total.
God Mode -- MB-D90B5B8EA9A9156C - Taken by swx. 11 entrants total.
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-6C73153C98C7C89D - Taken by betterhalf. 2 entrants total.
DmC Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall -- MB-5B637A30CCDA4852 - Taken by Atraveller. 7 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-2CB219FD7B2027E8
Aerena - Clash of Champions -- MB-CF54717BCC7E75E0
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-9FBD6C9674D79511 - Taken by Gez. 20 entrants total.

t1404436097z1.png

Ozium

gift begging becomes a thing when people give gifts through steam to select members only (and often the same ones repeatedly so) and then those people post their screenshots and lavish praise upon those who gave the gift, which only serves to boost the egos of the gifter and the giftee at the expense of the jealousy of others who either complain, become passive-aggressive, start begging or feel they aren't good enough so they leave.

it also places more prominence on big ticket items so that if anyone gifts something under 5 dollars now (even if that's all they can afford) no one even gives a shit and that person is then left feeling like they just aren't good enough.

surprise surprise

Mokoi

Banned
What the fuck! I have a couple of weeks away, skip the sale thread madness and come back to find after 3 days the regular Steam thread is close to 9,000 posts already? Yeah something tells me I'm not reading through all that lot in a hurry so any interesting or valuable news of note?

Nothing really of note. There were giveaways more giveaways. Gift begging, and subtle gift begging. A couple of sales being announced, and super time force coming to steam. Some changes to enchanced steam. Also nice overview on Teslagrad. I think I'm going to pick it up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh wow, that Gamefly sale aren't too bad. Just picked up A Story About My Uncle, Postmortem: One Must Die, Stick It to the Man, Stranded, Stealth Bastard Deluxe and The Last Door: Collector's Edition.

ooh Stick it to the Man 80% off, me likey

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome back :)
Thanks. I wanted to leave you guys behind, but it seems like that's not meant to happen :(

I jest, I love you all!

reggie.gif

Steam da best
Sorry, I thought I could become part of the console crowd too. But problems with the new TV, and now the new PS3 (apparently) are making that impossible. I hope I didn't fry anything (I stupidly removed the HDMI cable with the console and TV on), but knowing my luck that's probably what happened, lol

gift begging becomes a thing when people give gifts through steam to select members only (and often the same ones repeatedly so) and then those people post their screenshots and lavish praise upon those who gave the gift, which only serves to boost the egos of the gifter and the giftee at the expense of the jealousy of others who either complain, become passive-aggressive, start begging or feel they aren't good enough so they leave.

it also places more prominence on big ticket items so that if anyone gifts something under 5 dollars now (even if that's all they can afford) no one even gives a shit and that person is then left feeling like they just aren't good enough.

surprise surprise

I would listen to this man, he's been studying us for years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

surprise surprise

I was shit on for pointing this out a couple of days ago, that... that was fun to read it was (me getting shit on, not what you wrote)

im just glad im not the only one thinking this, I was starting to think I was crazy

Hugstable

Banned
My TV was having problems with my PS3, so I messed with the HDMI cable (unplugged it and plugged it again), and now the console doesn't input a video signal anymore. Not even via composite.

Looks like I'll be spending more time on Steam, once again :/

Hold the power button on PS3 til it beeps 3 times and reset everything

Ozium

I was shit on for pointing this out a couple of days ago, that... that was fun to read it was (me getting shit on, not what you wrote)

im just glad im not the only one thinking this, I was starting to think I was crazy

I also wrote this last night.. it's what got my avatar made lol

Gifting has changed. It's no longer about spares, promotion or simply helping a friend in need. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by gaffers and steam. Gifting, and its consumption of games, has become a well-oiled machine. Gifting has changed. Avatar tagged soldiers carry username tagged weapons, use Steam profile tagged gear. Alcohols inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Game control. Information control. Emotion control. SteamGAF control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Gifting has changed. The age of luck and probability has become the age of control. And he who controls the trading, controls SteamGAF. Gifting has changed. When the trading is under total control, gifting... becomes routine.

biocat

BroForce for the same price as the Summer sale? Tempted yet again. Probably will bite if someone sets up a four pack.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

surprise surprise

Ehh, it'll die down eventually. I'm sure there will be a slow down of posts in general at some point. We can't reach 1000/500 pages by the end of July, right?

Damn early access games. I bought Broforce pretty much when it became available on Steam, right after testing the beta-whatever-free-build it was, and now I'm just waiting for the game to release. I don't want to spend even a second with any early access game that I know I will enjoy because I want to enjoy the finished product, not get tired of it. I probably have good two dozen early access games waiting for release right now, madness!

Any timetable for Broforce release?
If it's any consolation, I've played the game for at least 15+ hours now, played through the campaign levels like 5 or 6 times...and the game is still satisfying and insanely fun. It just doesn't get old (for me)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I mean I know people get excited for the gifts they receive but at the same time going and posting screenshots online and thanking the one giving the gift its nice or has nice intentions of highlighting how good of a guy or gal they might be but I think saying thanks privately on steam or PM would be the best. Sometimes people has good intentions and some might get into it for the wrong reasons.

I mean its not a bad thing they wanna celebrate but going that way might affect some of the guys giving the gifts. Heck I had someone begging me for a game yesterday because I said I gave some games away on steam.

Shadownet

Banned
so I guess I should stop giving? I mean.. I dont want people to fight over stuff. certainly not stealth begging. Just be yourself and be a contributing member to SteamGAF and sooner or later. me or some other giver will notice you and give you something. I mean.. come on guys.... :/

BadRamen

surprise surprise

I may be behind a few years on your GAF account-getting, but in my lurker experience, this trends to be true.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hold the power button on PS3 til it beeps 3 times and reset everything
By "everything" you mean... everything? Like, reformatting the console?

I'll try it later on my dad's TV. But I'm afraid I may have burnt something on the PS3 by not turning it off before removing the HDMI cable from the TV and plugging it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom