• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iKn3yRdb2jqIa.png

Can someone help me do a prettier banner or does this look good enough for Abyss Odyssey OT?

I like the text but I feel there could be a bit more with the design tbh.

This is cruel and unusual punishment.

And I don't know the specs for my pc all that well. I always tend to forget since it's old.

Use Speccy

Eanan

My skeleton in the closet
5TqoKA3.png

I have you all beat.

I bought the NGAGE on release day for full whack. The younguns here might not know what the NGAGE is, I suggest you youtube it.

I still am angry with myself over it (not really but just for emphasis).

At the time, it was mind blowing.

Guys, I'm still kind of awful when it comes to PC specs, but I need help figuring out if my rig will be good enough for the minimum requirements for Shadow of Mordor.

I know everything is above the required settings for minimum except for my processor. Would that be alright, and would it still run? I don't need it to be max all settings and shit, just look alright and 60fps.

Minimum - Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz
Mine - i5-4440S, 2.80 GHz

It's a built-in processor so I know that it isn't good, and I'll probably upgrade it this year, but would it be alright you think? I guess it all depends on the optimization of the port...

DukeBobby

I have you all beat.

I bought the NGAGE on release day for full whack. The younguns here might not know what the NGAGE is, I suggest you youtube it.

I still am angry with myself over it (not really but just for emphasis).

At the time, it was mind blowing.

Fellow N-Gage bro! *high five*

What the fuck were we thinking?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Heading off to bed as I have an exam tomorrow. I leave you with this

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-FC69C26557648BCA - Taken by Myshkin

t1404520916z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
weird steamGaf is the best steamGaf

fact
Only when I'm not at work and there's no one in my room while I'm browsing the thread. Only under those conditions will I admit WeirdSteamGAF is a guilty pleasure. Only then.

You can never escape Steam. Ever. I don't think you damaged your TV or your PS3. Might just be the HDMI cable that got damaged. Hopefully you can get things sorted out and get to play your PS3.
I sure hope so! Or else I'll be forced to play stuff like Xcom Enemy Unknown, Sleeping Dogs or Valiant Hearts all on Steam. Hey, why am I not doing that right now?

For some reason your post reminded me of Huniepop's existence.

Tip: Don't go to the game's official website. Please don't.
You can't post something like that and expect me not to google it. I will!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar lives here. You have to have a supple spring on your F5 key to beat him to something :p

only when im at work. Dude I didnt show up for like 10 hours straight today (man I slept a lot during the day), im so rekd when it gets late in the week >_<

edit: nice giveaway zero, you are still the inferior ninja tho

demented

Heh Ngage, I remember how much I wanted it before and when it came out but glad I waited... Never impulse buying stuff, very rare for me :p

Edit: damn this thread moves too fast

derExperte

Guys, I'm still kind of awful when it comes to PC specs, but I need help figuring out if my rig will be good enough for the minimum requirements for Shadow of Mordor.

I know everything is above the required settings for minimum except for my processor. Would that be alright, and would it still run? I don't need it to be max all settings and shit, just look alright and 60fps.

Minimum - Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz
Mine - i5-4440S, 2.80 GHz

It's a built-in processor so I know that it isn't good, and I'll probably upgrade it this year, but would it be alright you think? I guess it all depends on the optimization of the port...

They have the same amount of cores and yours might actually be faster per MHz. And even if not they should be close.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
serious question, what is that alpaca game (or is it anime)?

I...I need it :eek:

Shadownet

Banned
Who here love Broforce and doesnt have a copy yet? i need a volunteer to help me break a 4 pack. first one to quote this get the honor.

Eanan

Fellow N-Gage bro! *high five*

What the fuck were we thinking?

I think we all thought we were the edgy, mature bunch who were too cool for the GB Advance SP.

Those were the days though. I used to love taking calls on it, with the way you had to hold it. Looking back on it, its hilarious.

Beelzebubs

For some reason your post reminded me of Huniepop's existence.

Tip: Don't go to the game's official website. Please don't.

Well because you said not to, I did!

Why does a dating simulator need Rampant Rabbits, anal beads and love eggs? Either way it's coming to Humble soon :p

Who here love Broforce and doesnt have a copy yet? i need a volunteer to help me break a 4 pack. first one to quote this get the honor.

I'm going to split a pack with another group. Played the free version on their website and it is pretty fun. I love the variety of characters.

Jawmuncher

Just watched Drive decided i'd do it now after all the comments. Was definitely good and can easily see a lot of what worked it's way into Hotline Miami.

Now for something more steam related I bought a logitech G510 today for 60. My PX had it on clearance and I needed a new keyboard that was more gaming centric. Didn't realize it was more of a MMO keyboard but it's been doing fine for me. Like the LED and the keys are smoother than the clakker I had before it.

The person I mentioned a few days ago who took my keys and never gave me the game still hasn't deleted me but hasn't refunded the keys yet as they said they would :/ Should leave negative feedback on steam trades but is there anything else I can do? They had enough feedback to where I never thought it would be an issue, but as I mentioned earlier I learned my lesson about going for anything other than steamgifts.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You can't post something like that and expect me not to google it. I will!

Well because you said not to, I did!

Why does a dating simulator need Rampant Rabbits, anal beads and love eggs? Either way it's coming to Humble soon :p

I warned you. The older pages have more...explicit things.

serious question, what is that alpaca game (or is it anime)?

I...I need it :eek:

Pacaplus. It's a game coming to Steam. Here's the amazing opening to the game.

They have the same amount of cores and yours might actually be faster per MHz. And even if not they should be close.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think they're too far off from each other to really make much of a difference, especially since games that require a higher-end processor run perfectly on my PC as it is.

Thanks! Now I can get it on PC instead of PS4. :p

Card Boy

Banned
Any secret trick to running Abes Odyssey on Win 7? I want to play it before New and Tasty.

AfKMB.png

This is what it looks like on my pc.

Rhaknar

The person I mentioned a few days ago who took my keys and never gave me the game still hasn't deleted me but hasn't refunded the keys yet as they said they would :/ Should leave negative feedback on steam trades but is there anything else I can do? They had enough feedback to where I never thought it would be an issue, but as I mentioned earlier I learned my lesson about going for anything other than steamgifts.

using steam trades was your first mistake (I know thats not helpful, sorry)

I have no idea what you could do, valve cant do anything about it, when you traded him the keys, if you are not getting anything back you actually need to press the little "ARE YOU SURE THIS IS A GIFT?" box

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Make a thread on steamrep and get some other people to report him as well.

Ezalc

Use Speccy
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1.80GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 200MHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 965P-S3
Graphics
A201P1 (1400x1050@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

I have no ideia how this matches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom