• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pacaplus. It's a game coming to Steam. Here's the amazing opening to the game.

amazing.gif

im not even being ironic, that shit looks bananas

Make a thread on steamrep and get some other people to report him as well.

may your skills at exams be better than your skills at being a supernatural ninja my friend o/

Alright, so it looks like nobody wanted Origin games (not that I can blame you...)

These are all first-come, first-serve now, so there's no waiting around for a winner to be selected.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway was a raffle. It's first-come, first serve now. Wild west, take no prisoners, etc. If you want it, it's yours (unless it's claimed, obviously!).
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-7AD52F97811B0A15
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-F0396AEF7C49D216 - Taken by PossumMeat. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-486AA47EEFA9C5B9 - Taken by Real4Life
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-EE271A4DCAD8A6E4 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-DF06D60C15E7B588 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 1 entrants total.

t1404430014z1.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
How do I parry consistently? I'm guessing I'm supposed to do it when the screen flashes red, but it only works some of the time.

yo guys whats up. I just played about 40 minutes of Valiant Hearts. man that game is pretty cool, its different from whats out these days, plus the art direction is gorgeous. I'm gonna beat naruto first though so I can just focus on that game since it appears to be a very story driven game from what I played and plus I should almost be done with Naruto's adventure mode.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
amazing.gif

im not even being ironic, that shit looks bananas

The real footage at the end just makes the opening so good. I don't understand why it's even there.

I sort of hope that the Steam release has an option to use the original translation of the game. It's so bad that it's good.

liezryou

The person I mentioned a few days ago who took my keys and never gave me the game still hasn't deleted me but hasn't refunded the keys yet as they said they would :/ Should leave negative feedback on steam trades but is there anything else I can do? They had enough feedback to where I never thought it would be an issue, but as I mentioned earlier I learned my lesson about going for anything other than steamgifts.

Woah what happened? I'll message you on steam to see if i can help.

Tenrius

Redshirt was incredibly boring and unfulfilling.
As it's basically space-facebook, this seems to hit the mark perfectly.
It's just not for me.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the concept, but the actual game was a massive disappointment. It's ugly, the interface is bad and it's not fun to play.

Don't think I need to hide the name in this one!

iNpIq7BlyA25k.PNG

iO0afGqj9q0tj.gif

Thanks!

OOOH AWESOME!! you should play with shadownet and me! we kept having an issue where we would add another player by accident and you cant take the player out. that problem could be fixed if its 4 of us. we just need 1 more if you're willing to join :D

Sober

How do I parry consistently? I'm guessing I'm supposed to do it when the screen flashes red, but it only works some of the time.
Tap the direction (camera relative) + light attack just before the attack hits. You will block if you do it too early. The grace period between it counting as a block versus a parry gets smaller the higher you go up in difficulty.

And yes, when the red flash shows up, it means you can block/parry.

You either parry or uninstall MGR. Or play it on easy, I guess.

Sarcasm

OOOH AWESOME!! you should play with shadownet and me! we kept having an issue where we would add another player by accident and you cant take the player out. that problem could be fixed if its 4 of us. we just need 1 more if you're willing to join :D

Add me! Steam name is in pic.

Ezalc

I'd be up for some broforce with Gaffers. It's been a while since I've played any multiplayer game though.

Jawmuncher

I've been away from Primal Carnage for far to long.
Apparently it there are Role Play servers now. ROLE PLAY SERVERS. They seem to even be the most popular ones WTH. Guess people want to play jurassic park.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently it there are Role Play servers now. ROLE PLAY SERVERS. They seem to even be the most popular ones WTH. Guess people want to play jurassic park.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again, every time you mention Primal Carnage I think you mean Primal Rage :(

Oublieux

So glad people are getting in the Broforce wagon; it's a pretty fun game in co-op. The only knock I can give it is that sometimes the particle effects make you lose where your character is and that boss fights can be really, really short.

Strider

By a raise of hands who's lost friends to a moba? Shortly after I started playing dota earlier this year I convinced my brother to start playing. I can't get him to play anything else now :(

Shadownet

Banned
Please only enter if you truly have the intention of playing this game. :)

Sub-Zero is right. I need to do more raffles.

So here we go. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shadownet:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BROFORCE_thumb.jpg

Broforce #2 -- MB-C1A0B43C4CC85E75 - Taken by Knurek. 24 entrants total.
Broforce #1 -- MB-35B9432F6BD5E8BC - Taken by Miker. 24 entrants total.

t1404446616z1.png

Reminds me of when I took a semester off from counterstrike source and when I came back it was all zombie and surfing maps. I never played counterstrike again, which was probably for the best.

Jawmuncher

Reminds me of when I took a semester off from counterstrike source and when I came back it was all zombie and surfing maps. I never played counterstrike again, which was probably for the best.

But I still wanted to play this :(
Hopefully the new update brings back some regular servers.

Ibuki

Banned
I have heard so much praise for Broforce. What is it exactly? Is it like Mercenary Kings? I'm just confused on how it plays. From your responses to other people asking similar questions I need it in my life? :3

Rhaknar

"Sub Zero is right, I need to do more raffles"

its not like we talked about this specifically on steam yesterday or anything :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom