• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beelzebubs

Please only enter if you truly have the intention of playing this game. :)

Sub-Zero is right. I need to do more raffles.

So here we go. Good luck!

Backlog too big to enter anymore giveaways for a long ass time!

Well, maybe Divinity that game sounds amazing!

Hugstable

Banned
Not entering but

iO0afGqj9q0tj.gif

I wish I could praise Brolaire some more to make him even stronger in the O&S fight. I've praised the sun enough with my messages, now help me win dammit!

Shadownet

Banned
I want to play Broforce with people.

Will someone please love me?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trejik

I added you :)

I have heard so much praise for Broforce. What is it exactly? Is it like Mercenary Kings? I'm just confused on how it plays. From your responses to other people asking similar questions I need it in my life? :3

"Sub Zero is right, I need to do more raffles"

its not like we talked about this specifically on steam yesterday or anything :p

But at least Sub was nice about it :p you're like the mean step mom. Sub Zero is nicer :p lol

But yeah thanks for the advice broski :)

denx

Don't think I need to hide the name in this one!

iNpIq7BlyA25k.PNG

iO0afGqj9q0tj.gif

Thanks!

Wasn't there a discussion a couple of pages back about keeping this kind of stuff private to not clutter the thread and other reasons? Just saying.

fuck everything

done w/ SteamGAF

fucking hopeless

Yeah I get what's this about.

Anyway, I walked into the Armstrong fight with no nanopaste whatsoever. I'm boned.

Sarcasm

Wasn't there a discussion a couple of pages back about keeping this kind of stuff private to not clutter the thread and other reasons? Just saying.

Anyway, I walked into the Armstrong fight with no nanopaste whatsoever. I'm boned.

Well I can delete..but I didn't see anything. That is because I go away for 5 minutes come back to 40 pages. I am not really going to shift through 40 new pages >.<.

But I go delete it.

Anteater

You can get nanopastes from doing the blade mode QTE properly, might take a few tries though.

MUnited83

For you.
fuck everything

done w/ SteamGAF

fucking hopeless

no, not going to placate an already inflated ego

gallery_big_mark_wahlberg_chill_out_gif.gif

Really boggles my mind all this talk about people gifting each other.

And people that feel "left out" and "jealous"? Holy fuck ahahah, can't find that anything more than hilarious. Thinking that you aren't part of SteamGaf because you don't receive gifts? What a horrible and childish way to think.

Speevy

Banned
I have heard so much praise for Broforce. What is it exactly? Is it like Mercenary Kings? I'm just confused on how it plays. From your responses to other people asking similar questions I need it in my life? :3

It's basically Metal Slug but you can blow up everything and you get to be Robocop and it has co-op and you're in the jungle.

Thank Tropic Thunder for the Super Nintendo.

Freezard

Average price worth it for the bonus games? I already have Antichamber, no clue what the other two games are. Actually no clue what any of the games are :p

Beelzebubs

Average price worth it for the bonus games? I already have Antichamber, no clue what the other two games are. Actually no clue what any of the games are :p

The $12 one (Mercenary Kings) was in Steam Sale last week for $10 I believe. So could be worth as it's purportedly a good game.

Oh man, I have totally missed out on thousands of posts, jeez.
I've been too busy playing Dark Souls to keep up with this thread, haha.

I'm a bit late to the party of DkS but I only recently found some spare time to play it and it is very fun, my only problems with it are the bosses seem rather all over the place in difficulty, I've only just beaten the depths boss and I haven't fought anything as tough as the belltower gargoyles again :(

Real shame as well since I spent 47 minutes nonstop trying to get the belltower gargoyles and it was really fun.

I've also encountered a few glitches in the game, although I was only able to record one of them.
http://a.pomf.se/xvqewn.webm
(I don't know if that link worked or not, but I hope it did!)

wilflare

Is the Humble bundle worth the BTA price if I only need to get this Secrets of Rætikon + Artbook (and 140?)

I think I got the rest from previous bundles, etc

---

All the earlier Witcher 3 talk... lol
I still remember when Witcher 2 first came out, there was no Steam version.
It was the first game I preordered and I did it on GOG to support the devs.

(It did feel kinda painful that the price dropped rather quickly once it hit Steam) lol

Hugstable

Banned
alright I added you guys. I gotta step out for a bit but when I come back, if you guys are up for it we can play some broforce!

You guys should add me for some Broforce later also. I think I'm already friends with Prinny, but my Steam name is in my profile.

I also bought the new Gage Shotgun Pack so I'm ready to go rob people looking like a mad baboon if anyone wants to do some Payday 2 in a bit.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think some people have a little problem with me gifting...

The problem is with the people posting screenshots of the gifts. It was fine for a while, especially during the summer sale threads, but now a lot of people are ether getting jealous and making backhanded posts hinting that they want gifts too or are now complaining about it like some of the last few pages.

Keep gifting to people, it's fine and generous. It's not the problem here.

denx

You can get nanopastes from doing the blade mode QTE properly, might take a few tries though.

That QTE is so fast tho. That piece of debris hits me as soon as I enter Blade Mode. Maybe it's because I haven't upgraded Blade Mode that much.

The problem is with the people posting screenshots of the gifts. It was fine for a while, especially during the summer sale threads, but now a lot of people are ether getting jealous and making backhanded posts hinting that they want gifts too or are now complaining about it like some of the last few pages.

Keep gifting to people, it's fine and generous. It's not the problem here.

Yeah the gifting is awesome, don't stop it people. The thing is there is so many new people here after the sale that the "thanks" posts are cluttering the thread. It wasn't much of a problem before because there were fewer of us here, but now... yeah.

So I'd ask that if you want to thank someone for their generosity, do it privately, or as part of a larger post.

Speevy

Banned
If you want to thank a GAFer for spending his or her own money on a game for you, go right ahead.

This is the Steam thread which is about Steam games, Steam players, and yes, Steam gifts.

Salsa

why are people mad?

people gifting each other games is a step up from saoirse-talk

If you want to thank a GAFer for spending his or her own money on a game for you, go right ahead.

This is the Steam thread which is about Steam games, Steam players, and yes, Steam gifts.

I think there's good intentions on letting other people know someone gifted them something tho. In a "hey look this guy is really nice" way

it's too bad it apparently backfires? or something

UncleBiz

People don't get gifts, so that must mean that they aren't really part of SteamGaf.

Or something along those lines.

Nah it just gets a bit annoying when there are so many posts about gifts. Giveaways are fine imo, but the personal gifts should be just that, personal (and kept in PMs for the most part)

What I don't like about Mercenary Kings is that you can't shoot diagonally and enemies respawn really quickly when you move and scroll the screen.

Trejik

I am surprised at no SteamGAF Mumble or TeamSpeak. Seems like the type of community that would have something like that.

Turfster

Is the Humble bundle worth the BTA price if I only need to get this Secrets of Rætikon + Artbook (and 140?)

I think I got the rest from previous bundles, etc
Well, it's 10€ on the Steam store, so...
140 by itself is 5€, so you really can't go wrong with the BTA price for both.
(Also, Cinders is rather good, if you haven't played it before)

Anyway, time to get to bed.
Don't let me wake up to a post-apocalyptic wasteland, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom