• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parrying is still a little sloppy, but I mostly got it down. Armstrong still beats the crap out of me tho, mostly because of the fucking lava fountains he creates. And when I get him to 160 health or below, I'm screwed when I have to cut the debris he throws at me since the time window to slice it is so ridiculously small. But maybe that's down to the fact that I haven't upgraded Blade Mode much at all.

You can just run straight ahead when the debris appears, but if you can cut them you get healing pastes.

UncleBiz

Do you prefer Saoirse Ronan gifs then? SteamGaf has been this way for quite a bit of time, and many times we end up talking about stuff that hasn't even anything to do with Steam. It's basically a chat room. And I love it this way.

As Salsa said, the thread is a mess. And we like it that way.
I don't really care what people post, just trying to explain why some people were upset

waddya think i'm doing

pizza for dinner is ok

good.

Is there any backgrounds for Astebreed or Long Live the Queen? I'm pretty sure Astebreed has background.

EDIT: LOL wtf one of these background is 22$ Who in the hell pays 22$ for a steam profile background!?!?!

Well one Astebreed background... oh you found it already :p But the chapter ones aren't bad :eek: Thanks for the suggestion! I want to tidy up my profile before I add myself to the GAF list and start chatting and all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to me that the problem are those people. Not him or the people posting screenshots.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the screenshot posting.

people complaining about what happens "in the thread" in general is just weird to me

I mean I pile up on the "no lists" joke cause it's fun

but come the fuck on

thread is a mess, and we like it as is. Sometimes it steers into some good game recommendation/helpful info/questions/what have you but the only reason this thread moves at the pace it does is because people basically keep it alive as a chat room/community

and I like that, it's just fun, as messy as it is

apparently mods are fine with it too since we're not on community yet. It's cool to complain about NSFW and whathaveyou but lets not pretend this thread is some sort of beacon for legit useful steam talk 24/7. It's, for the most part, just people having fun

I like it as a mess too. Most of my posts are now exclusively in SteamGaf and the occasional off topic section post. I just think that the gifting brag posts, no matter how good the intentions of those posts are, are starting to get a little too much negative attention.

I mean come on, even you were parodying them :p

is that Alpaca game coming out soon? :eek:

There's no official date yet, but it has to be relatively soon. Sekai Project's blog mentioned that they would be "selling a limited run of physical copies of PacaPlus at Anime Expo this year," and that started today. I'm hoping it's on Steam before the end of August, but I could see it arriving later than that, since the publisher does seem to be taking on a lot of different localization efforts at once.

wilflare

okay guys

my 280X is giving me strange artifacts
- playing CoJ Gunslinger
- Astebreed while Downsampled

a sign of an impending RMA?
overheating? :/

StAidan

people complaining about what happens "in the thread" in general is just weird to me

but come the fuck on

thread is a mess, and we like it as is. Sometimes it steers into some good game recommendation/helpful info/questions/what have you but the only reason this thread moves at the pace it does is because people basically keep it alive as a chat room/community

apparently mods are fine with it too since we're not on community yet. It's cool to complain about NSFW and whathaveyou but lets not pretend this thread is some sort of beacon for legit useful steam talk 24/7. It's, for the most part, just people having fun

Aye, let's let SteamGAF keep steamgaffing. I barely even step outside of the Steam thread anymore, there's always something fun going on in here.

I just need more time to catch up to this breakneck posting rate we seem to have achieved all of a sudden.

liezryou

but come the fuck on

WTS 15 MILLION STEAM GAMES, ONLY 5-10 KEYS EACH, PST FOR PRICES!

KarmaCow

My parrying is still a little sloppy, but I mostly got it down. Armstrong still beats the crap out of me tho, mostly because of the fucking lava fountains he creates. And when I get him to 160 health or below, I'm screwed when I have to cut the debris he throws at me since the time window to slice it is so ridiculously small. But maybe that's down to the fact that I haven't upgraded Blade Mode much at all.

The game doesn't tell you this but you don't need to line up all the squares to cut them. As long as you're generally in the area, you can cut it. This only applies to that fight though.

Shadownet

Banned
Really boggles my mind all this talk about people gifting each other.

And people that feel "left out" and "jealous"? Holy fuck ahahah, can't find that anything more than hilarious. Thinking that you aren't part of SteamGaf because you don't receive gifts? What a horrible and childish way to think.

I didnt get a gift from nbnt and

41022-will-smith-I-aint-even-mad-tKbi.jpeg

actually that what motivated me to start giving more. I realized even with the ridiculous wealth that nbnt has. He couldnt gift everyone. So I started gifting some to help out. Thats all it is.

People shouldnt be mad if they're not getting gifts. Gifts are NOT required in SteamGAF. if you happen to get one. awesome. if not. just chill and have fun. good things come to those who wait.

I never once ask for anything from SteamGAF, I still dont. But I do get stuff every now and then, and I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart.

so can we all just relax and just enjoy discussions and every now and then a giveaways?

Salsa

I like it as a mess too. Most of my posts are now exclusively in SteamGaf and the occasional off topic section post. I just think that the gifting brag posts, no matter how good the intentions of those posts are, are starting to get a little too much negative attention.

well, I think there's limits but I also think the thread just steers itself towards wherever it wants to go

usually you complain about something and it's already gone. it moves fast and nothing really sticks

no gifts in the last 2 pages

dot

Please help me SteamGAF! I have 2€ to spare and would like a anime-ish profile background but nothing I found so far appeals me really :( Either they are waay too obnoxious ecchi or plain black ones with a character on them :/

Have you seen the Mabinogi ones?

Though they're kinda just plain black backgrounds...

Ventara

actually that what motivated me to start giving more. I realized even with the ridiculous wealth that nbnt has. He couldnt gift everyone. So I started gifting some to help out. Thats all it is.

People shouldnt be mad if they're not getting gifts. Gifts are required in SteamGAF. if you happen to get one. awesome. if not. just chill and have fun. good things come to those who wait.

I never once ask for anything from SteamGAF, I still dont. But I do get stuff every now and then, and I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart.

so can we all just relax and just enjoy discussions and every now and then a giveaways?

lol, is this what you'd call a Freudian slip?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
okay guys

my 280X is giving me strange artifacts
- playing CoJ Gunslinger
- Astebreed while Downsampled

a sign of an impending RMA?
overheating? :/

Try plugging it with a HDMI to a tv and check if articles are still there.

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE!!! PURCHASE ABYSS ODYSSEY NOW AND YOU GET A 33% DISCOUNT ON STEAM AND FREE OST!
iH12LMrtuMwYQ.gif

LOL

Hugstable

Banned
Well one Astebreed background... oh you found it already :p But the chapter ones aren't bad :eek: Thanks for the suggestion! I want to tidy up my profile before I add myself to the GAF list and start chatting and all.

haha you don't have to worry about that! I'm background less myself right now :p Used to have the Rare SHODAN System Shock 2 Background and a really cool Witcher 2 background, but since then I haven't really worried about it and ended up going back to background less. I really gotta find myself a new background, I used my old ones for too long and gotta find something new.

Salsa

speaking of TVs

my monitor sometimes will crap out and goes off for like, a second, then comes back

this happens cause I have a DVI-HDMI converter on it since my graphics card only outputs 1 HDMI slot and im already using it for my TV

so now I have:

1 - HDMI - going to the TV
1 - DVI - converted into HDMI - going to the monitor

BUT

if I use the HDMI on my monitor, the turning off randomly issue goes away

AND, if I use this DVI-HDMI adapter on my TV.. the issue doesnt show up there!

so yeah, im bound to start using the DVI-HDMI converter on my TV instead and the HDMI on my monitor, since that gives me no issues

problem is my DVI cable isnt long enough, and im lazy but I need to buy a longer one

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pork is like the smartest person on Gaf... im... I am truly shocked

MUnited83

For you.
It's an unfortunate side effect of the screenshot posting.

Eh, once again I say: that's the whiners fault, not the gifted or the gifter. Those kind of attitudes are quite frankly disgusting. Even more so if someone really thinks that they need to be gifted to consider themselves part of this community. Feeling left out because of not receiving a darn gift. Are those people 12 or something?

/sigh

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Mono

but come the fuck on

Keep SteeamGAF drama free! \o/ I like it fun and messy, too.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GUYS, With all my uber profits from steam trading, i have decided to gift
MYSELF
either Don Bradman Cricket 14 or Divinity: Original Sin.

Which one should i gift? On one hand you got super duper GAF hype. On the other hand you got probably the best cricket game released in 10+ years.

I picked up Don Bradman Cricket 14 and it is really fun even for me who has such a little understanding of cricket. So I say get the only good cricket game in years and it could be a while for another one.

It's at the bottom of that post I made answering Dear Leader.
In case you missed it:
That's some damn good parrying, I'm trying to beat all the bosses in MGR:R without getting hit once and so far I've done everything up to Monsoon, so I should probably learn to parry like that, I imagine it'll make my life a bit easier.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Do you prefer Saoirse Ronan gifs then? SteamGaf has been this way for quite a bit of time, and many times we end up talking about stuff that hasn't even anything to do with Steam. It's basically a chat room. And I love it this way.

As Salsa said, the thread is a mess. And we like it that way.
Be careful. This is why the Rock Band mega thread was eventually (rightfully) closed. If an OT eventually just becomes an insular private "off topic" unto itself it really doesn't serve its purpose anymore and the mods shut it down.

On that topic that's kind if the annoyance with the public gifting. It comes off as "clique"-y to those not getting gifts and people can say "just blow it off" buy how can it not be haves and have-nots in that case?

OT threads should be about welcoming in and including people getting turned on to this for the first time.

Anywho whatever. I just started recently for the sales and hidden gems as I am getting back into PC gaming. But yeah the threads have turned into pages and pages of gifting and "pay what you want bundle" megagiver spamming.

Deitus

People shouldnt be mad if they're not getting gifts. Gifts are required in SteamGAF. if you happen to get one. awesome. if not. just chill and have fun. good things come to those who wait.

I agree with you completely. I have no expectations that someone will give me a gift just because I post in this thread. If they do, then that is fantastic and I will be immensely grateful, but if not, I still think it's awesome how generous people are. I don't see the need to keep gifts a secret. People seeing the generosity is actively encouraging more people to be generous. That should be encouraged.

Now that's not to say I'm not a bit jealous when someone gets gifted a big ticket item. That's only natural. But I'm not going to turn that bit of jealousy into resentment towards someone who is only doing a nice thing, or towards someone who literally did nothing but say thank you.

I say carry on being amazing SteamGAF. Everyone should just enjoy it and not have any expectations.

Have you seen the Mabinogi ones?

Though they're kinda just plain black backgrounds...

Actually the Mabinogi ones aren't bad, thanks!

Some of the Guilty Gear Isuka ones are cheap. I'm using the Millia Rage/Eddie one right now. But I figure that's not what you have in mind. :lol

This is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for. But dat price...

Checking out Guilty Gear right now still, thanks too! :) And yeah I saw that one earlier but naah... too season specific and not really my style :p

Also yeah these prices are ridiculous, I saw one I might have liked but 5€+... no thanks Steam.

BruteUA

MYSELF

Which one should i gift? On one hand you got super duper GAF hype. On the other hand you got probably the best cricket game released in 10+ years.

Divinity's not my thing. But also my thoughts on cricket most resemble the cricket scene in the masterpiece of cinema King Ralph. So out of those two above, I would recommend Shovel Knight.

Shadownet

Banned
It's all good, I was asking what Broforce was like and you quoted me and Sub Zero in the same post. :p

lol, is this what you'd call a Freudian slip?

lol maybe. I am a psych major.

but mostly because Im dead tired and I only got like 3 hours of sleep last night :) my bad

MYSELF

definitely Original Sin bro. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
White Knight Gaf is out in force today, I shall hide and wait for my opportunity to strike!

like a ninja >_>

MUnited83

For you.

People shouldnt be mad if they're not getting gifts. Gifts are NOT required in SteamGAF. if you happen to get one. awesome. if not. just chill and have fun. good things come to those who wait.

Exactly! Hell, I don't think I ever got a direct gift from a gaffer (only through raffles) and I feel pretty integrated on this awesome community <3 and I even give some gifts to gaffers both through raffles and directly many times :). Never ever felt out off it because of something as mundane as gifts. I don't think I'm entitled to gifts just because I'm part of the community :p

And I agree, people need to relax the darn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom