• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trejik

Asked about game.

Nobody answered. Post soon will be buried. SteamGAF too fast. SteamGAF too drama.

Off to bed it is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107330048&postcount=1471

^ For anyone interested in making webms.

It was kinda hard for me to understand but Frost helped me out. :p

also i just realized skyfireblaze made that script....o_o

Yeah that was me back then! I just really find command-line work annoying and I saw it as a small challenge for myself so when making the script worked out I figured it might help others aswell :)

Thanks for the link!

And omg, Skyfireblaze. you are a wizard in helpfullness. :O

Ehehe^^' I'm just really glad when I can help people out and I'm also glad my script still finds so much use :)

Speevy

Banned
glad I posted this... gifting isn't really the problem. I've gifted my brother and friends tons and even had a few non-bundle giveaways in the last thread myself. It's the "look at what x just gave me for free!!!" posts that people are taking issue with. I don't think anyone is taking issue with Shadow, et al, at all.

Right, I get that you think it's trashing up the thread. Let me address that first. There are thousands of games on Steam, so having any attempt at a directed discussion about gaming is utterly futile. At best, we can shoot the shit and talk about what's on sale.

I am curious about one thing though.

If new users are getting games from Shadow and others, then I think their discovery of his generosity is warranted, like "Wow, hey guys, Shadownet is awesome. He gave me a game."

That's someone new to Steam who now believes in this service a little more on account of Shadownet.

If however it is some insular clique where Shadownet just gifts his friends back and forth, well there is a problem. However, since that's not happening, there's no problem. And you know that's not what is happening.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm glad there's some demand for it! :) If I weren't that lazy I could probably do the OT in 1-2 hours but I really want to go all out design and info-wise :p But yeah... maybe I will do half-half!

Can't wait to see it! Still gotta beat that final boss lol

Haven't played for a year and I was top on the list. Though you are confusing it with primal rage just like rhaknar.

So yeah I just looked it up on Steam, definitely not the same arcade fighting game I remember -_-

yGray

Banned
make sure you buy it as a gift, add it to your inventory and then make a .webm with a greeting to yourself and then post the .webm along with how awesome you are and then have twenty other people quote that post saying omg you are so awesome and then another thirty posts of people begging or dropping not so subtle hints that they want to join your personality cult.. then when others get tired of it, turn around and act like a victim and claim that everyone is just so jealous because you are oh so awesome..

also, to the guy who keeps saying this is about pure jealousy and 'not being a part of steamgaf, grow up guys." congratulations, you are great at cherry picking one point out of several and focusing on it as your sole means of rebut.

No one is doing that though. Over exaggeration to the max.

make sure you buy it as a gift, add it to your inventory and then make a .webm with a greeting to yourself and then post the .webm along with how awesome you are and then have twenty other people quote that post saying omg you are so awesome and then another thirty posts of people begging or dropping not so subtle hints that they want to join your personality cult.. then when others get tired of it, turn around and act like a victim and claim that everyone is just so jealous because you are oh so awesome..

also, to the guy who keeps saying this is about pure jealousy and 'not being a part of steamgaf, grow up guys." congratulations, you are great at cherry picking one point out of several and focusing on it as your sole means of rebut.

Wut

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So hows the weather on the Abyss Odyssey hype train? You got me aboard.

First 7 minute of the game video might come soon and there might be more videos and pics coming soon from what I gather from their forum. Also they streamed a bit of the game on Atlus Channel but I missed it and Atlus might stream again.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I didnt get a gift from nbnt and

41022-will-smith-I-aint-even-mad-tKbi.jpeg

actually that what motivated me to start giving more. I realized even with the ridiculous wealth that nbnt has. He couldnt gift everyone. So I started gifting some to help out. Thats all it is....
Hey I did want to gift you something but Steam is still blocking me. :(

"even with the ridiculous wealth that nbnt has" xD
I don't even have a job, mate. :p If I had one, I would've bought everyone here The Witcher 3:
Bad Rats edition.

kurahador

The hell is your problem seriously?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
GUYS, With all my uber profits from steam trading, i have decided to gift
MYSELF
either Don Bradman Cricket 14 or Divinity: Original Sin.

Which one should i gift? On one hand you got super duper GAF hype. On the other hand you got probably the best cricket game released in 10+ years.

I've posted a few times in here about Divinity. It is NOT a "spur of the moment" game. Do have have 100+ hours to spend on it? Do you enjoy turn based tactical RPG combat? Do you enjoy a game that is much more difficult than your typical modern game? Do you think you'd enjoy giving up some modern quality of life/streamlining conveniences of the genre to get back some of the depth and free form nature of it?

If you answer yes to all or almost all of these, get D:OS immediately.. If you are finding yourself answering no to a bunch of them, probably go with cricket.

Khronico

zach-galifianakis-faceshove.gif

Duly noted, adding to the GAF hype.

Oh god that pic makes me want to buy that game so hard. SO FUCKING HARD.

Fuck you guys just make me more confused.

Just imagine staring into the eyes of virtual Don Bradman for minutes on end. Is such an exquisite experience not worth the asking price?

For the record I don't know anything about either game but I'm an RPG fan so I'd say Divinity.

dot

Yeah that was me back then! I just really find command-line work annoying and I saw it as a small challenge for myself so when making the script worked out I figured it might help others aswell :)

Ehehe^^' I'm just really glad when I can help people out and I'm also glad my script still finds so much use :)

It's really useful! I created my Skullgirls webm from that.

Speaking of Skullgirls, i feel like making more webms of it... who wants to see more footage of me getting owned?!

Ezalc

You sir, have obviously never played/seen cricket. It's fucking EXHILARATING.

I have not indeed, aside from a few glimpses here or there and maybe some game I used to play as a child many years ago in Brasil that seems to be somewhat similar. Either way I still vote divinity.

This is getting out of hand. Even if you think that shadownet is doing this for his ego(which is a ridiculous and presumptuous idea), he's still being absurdly generous and gifting people.
There's no problem with feeling a bit jealous, but lashing out at either the ones gifted, who feel grateful and want to thank the one who gave them the gift, or at the gifter, is really childish.
It's people like him, Rhaknar, Sub-Zero and nbnt with their generosity; people like JaseC and Grief with their help on steam and games, users who post their impressions of games, and countless others, that cements why Neogaf, and more specifically, SteamGaf, for me, is one of the best communities i had the chance to participate.

Mono

Speaking of Skullgirls, i feel like making more webms of it... who wants to see more footage of me getting owned?!

Fight me in Skullgirls and then I'll get owned!! \o/ But omg yes, more Skullgirls is always great! It's very entertaining to watch!

Ibuki

Banned
I miss the posts about being jokingly salty when someone won a game/was given one. Where have the good times (I know I'm a douche and I just joined during summer sale) gone?

Speevy

Banned

2402030-6117849252-HFEdN.gif

Hugstable

Banned
The Trupple King's dance in Shovel Knight is amazing. Reminds me so much of the dancers from FFIV where their dance was just them changing in direction. Love it!

And yeah what's with all the drama?

Salsa

metal-gear-gif-complete.gif

Mono

So, do you just have to record a screencast of the gameplay and then convert it to webm? I don't know what programs are good for screencasting on PC!

Indignate

Sure, do you want to play? I won't perfect you all the time, I promise.

dot

Fight me in Skullgirls and then I'll get owned!! \o/ But omg yes, more Skullgirls is always great! It's very entertaining to watch!

Haha yeah, that would probably happen.

Be honest, you just wanna see me get beaten up don't you Momo?! ;-;

i'll beat all of you up with my keyboard skillz anyways

don't underestimate amy rose

Sure, do you want to play? I won't perfect you all the time, I promise.

Rude.

Ozium

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings with my opinions.
I apologize for the sarcasm in my last post, it was not necessary.

Please continue with your happy fun times.

out.

zkylon

zkylewd

i dunno i think that's a lot better than posts whining about it

I'm glad! :) At first I wanted to make a proper GUI but as soon as I started to read what I would have had to read up for that I felt like "Yeah okay... naah..." and went with the CMD/DOS route :p Also why not, more WebMs are always good!
I wish I could make BlazBlue WebMs, though I'm really terrible at fighters...

gabbo

So I never did get a response when I posted earlier in the thread, so I'll ask again:
Is there an option some where after the most recent update to get Tools out of the Installed list? It's made grid mode very ugly.

Mono

LHnzXdk.gif

All this talk of Skullgirls.
Im down to play some if you all want!

I am always down for Skullgirls, as well!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yeah let's talk about video games!! it looks fun, is the combat sort of like a fighting game? it looks pretty interesting

The combat is mostly inspired by Smash Bros. They also have a Advance Combat Mechanics Guide on Steam.

The main game is a sidescroller with procedurally generated content from the dungeons, item positions and enemies. You can capture every enemy soul and use them as they basically have a complex move set like the 3 story characters. Take for example Judith and Bauta. There are 37 playable characters and there will be more characters coming as DLC as they hope to continue giving support to the game.

You can play coop or single player and there is a VS Mode that at launch will be offline but online will be added later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom