• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
but everybody already knows shadow is awesome (or you, or zero, frosty, etc, its an established fact), must we keep hammering the point home? maybe thats his point?

notice there was no drama when Mokoi went on a rampage, or drama when NBNT went on a rampage. They gifted their shit, didnt make a fuss about it, went on their merry ways.
R]

You're right. Different people respond to gifting in different ways. For my part, I will not act in a way that is not conducive to productive discussion in this topic.

It is of great benefit to this forum and Steam at large that we have users such as these, and I hope no one ever forgets the intention behind what they do. They are good people.

Started playing Wolfenstein: New Order after the sale...and my god, it is such a good game. Should've bought it earlier. The gameplay is so satisfying, and the plot is fun, mostly. Didn't really expect it to be that great(besides the fact that it's by ex starbreeze guys), although the praise here on SteamGAF, and more specifically, from Antitrop, helped me on buying it.

wilflare

It could have been so beautiful, but you just HAD to ruin it didn't ya steam?
y6rjfsL.png

TaqiIrE.png

I still don't understand how gifting the game to yourself gets you ROW copies for RU prices
or... do they just workaround the gifting lock?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why does the girl get turned into a alpaca? does she go on about normal every day activities as an alpaca, Octodad style?

I must know these things!

Started playing Wolfenstein: New Order after the sale...and my god, it is such a good game. Should've bought it earlier. The gameplay is so satisfying, and the plot is fun, mostly. Didn't really expect it to be that great(besides the fact that it's by ex starbreeze guys), although the praise here on SteamGAF, and more specifically, from Antitrop, helped me on buying it.
If you like that then you might want to check out the riddick games, made by many of the same devs. They're freaking fantastic.

Trejik

It kind of falls a bit apart for me near the end. Even though it's fantastic, certain sections make me think the game was conceived differently from what ended up being released. Still, an amazing game.

dot

What's up, guys? I've been out at my cousin's wedding all day. I never want to see a pair of dress shoes again.

What's with all the Skullgirls love in here?

I just randomly mentioned it and everyone is talking about it now instead of that whole gifting drama. So let's keep talking about Skullgirls guys. This thread should be fun and happy, not be filled with negativity.

I'll try to make a Skullgirls webm and post it later tonight.

If you like that then you might want to check out the riddick games, made by many of the same devs. They're freaking fantastic.

I actually really like the riddick franchise and bought it when it was on sale on GoG. Will play it after i finish Wolfenstein.

It kind of falls a bit apart for me near the end. Even though it's fantastic, certain sections make me think the game was conceived differently from what ended up being released. Still, an amazing game.
Interesting. When i finish it, i would like to hear your opinion/discuss it :)

Spare Cortex Command if anyone wantsies:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cortex Command -- MB-05272366CA4DE96F - Taken by Speevy

Starbreeze was a good studio, weren't they?

as O3 Games

2000 – The Outforce (Microsoft Windows)
as Starbreeze Studios

2002 – Enclave (Microsoft Windows, Xbox)
2003 – Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade (Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Windows, Xbox, PlayStation 2) (released only in Europe)
2004 – The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox, Microsoft Windows)
2007 – The Darkness (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
2009 – The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2012 – Syndicate[7][8] (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2013 – Payday 2 (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
2013 – Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

As much as I want to dislike them for Brothers, they made The Darkness, Payday 2, and The Chronicles of Riddick games, so I think they get a pass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
super OT but I dont care lalala:

I shouldnt laugh, but a lady here had 498€ in phone calls to pay this morning

she thought it was free...who would assume that a phone in a hotel room would be free o_O

Ventara

Hey guys, quick question; just installed Torchlight 2 and I'm wondering how to start a coop game. I don't see the option anywhere.

jblank83

Like, how good is it? Because I'm extremely jaded when it comes to shooters. I've been playing them since the Wolfenstein 3D days. That's the one before Doom, with pixel characters. It takes an extraordinary shooter to even nudge the needle on my hype-o-meter.

What's good about it? How is the level design? What game is it like? How are the bosses? How are the "non-shooting" elements? How complex does it get? How "puzzley"?

I hear people hype a shooter now and then, but I'm almost always disappointed.

as O3 Games

as Starbreeze Studios

2003 – Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade (Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Windows, Xbox, PlayStation 2) (released only in Europe)
2004 – The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox, Microsoft Windows)
2009 – The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2013 – Payday 2 (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
2013 – Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

As much as I want to dislike them for Brothers, they made The Darkness, Payday 2, and The Chronicles of Riddick games, so I think they get a pass.

I don't think I realized they did Enclave.

Brothers was kind of neat though...

Ibuki

Banned
has anyone played No More Room in Hell? zombie survival inspired by Romero's movies. HL2 standalone mod

It's pretty good, I played it before it was on Steam and I enjoyed it with friends. I got bored of it pretty quickly but it may have improved.

zkylon

zkylewd
has anyone played No More Room in Hell? zombie survival inspired by Romero's movies. HL2 standalone mod

i played it with a friend

it was terrible in a very funny way

1024x640.resizedimage

also bateman from american psycho and walter from big lebowsky are in it for some reason

but like this is not a real game

Beelzebubs

super OT but I dont care lalala:

I shouldnt laugh, but a lady here had 498€ in phone calls to pay this morning

she thought it was free...who would assume that a phone in a hotel room would be free o_O

I wish the mini bars in hotels were free :(

is she the only alpaca and everyone else is normal? :eek:

She gets cursed and turns into an alpaca, you have to try and maintain a relationship whilst she does every day activities, I believe it's only you that sees her as an Alpaca. And don't read these spoilers if you don't want to know about whether she stays an alpaca and how/if you can save her.
yes you can turn her back into a human by fully accepting her alpacaness and giving her a kiss

iosefe

It's pretty good, I played it before it was on Steam and I enjoyed it with friends. I got bored of it pretty quickly but it may have improved.

a friend told me to DL a bit back, but our group never ended up playing.
i played it with a friend

it was terrible in a very funny way

also bateman from american psycho and walter from big lebowsky are in it for some reason

but like this is not a real game
not sure how i feel about this

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Do you use a prebuilt Hackintosh OS or do you install vanilla and kexts yourself?
I tried to hackintoshize my laptop with the original OS but it just wouldn't work. Only a prebuilt one did the job. After Snow Leopard nothing worked anymore though.
OSX has some nifty programs (video editor), so sometimes I think about getting a cheap, old mac pc. But wow, does the price not deflate.

I very very very very purposefully built this PC to be über-hackintosh compatible. So I had to create a Mavericks USB installer with Unibeast, and basically just need Multibeast for audio and Trim support... and that's about it. Oh and need to install a custom HDMI-audio driver for my GTX 770.

The biggest thing holding me back from actually getting a real Mac is that I'd need to go 27" to get a GPU I'd be happy with.. which means paying for a 27" monitor no matter what.

though sadly... with what I paid for this PC........... The difference between this and a Mac probably comes down to the cost of a 27" monitor anyway. Damn it. And I only have a 19" Double damn it. Oh well. Glad I thought of it now. I probably just will grab a 27" iMac at my next upgrade cycle.

Thanks for that script, hopefully I'll find some use for it in the future.

Do you only play Blazblue on the PC or...?

You are welcome! :) And naw I play Chronophantasma on my PS3 :eek:

Thank you so much!

And I'm so bad with hardware, omg. I'm 90% sure it's AMD!

Okay if you are pretty sure it's AMD then install this: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

It will also ask you to install RivaTuner Statistics Server, install that too! That tool is mostly using for overclocking but it has a pretty nifty recording function too that is near performance-loss free on modern cards :) Before we go on though can you right-click a empty spot on your Desktop and see if the menu says "AMD Catalyst Control Center"?

Also would you mind if we do this all properly tomorrow? It's almost sunrise here so I should get some sleep D:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember having to use a guide the first time I got to this boss. He obliterated me whenever I used the infinite ammo machinegun (Very Easy difficulty), and choking him didn't do anything. I had no idea there was a punch button!

Good times.

Jawmuncher

I made a room if we don't already have one for skullgirls. Invite only so chat me or add me as a friend if I'm not. Just search jawmuncher.

Alright, here's a short one for SteamGAF. This is from me and Shadownet (whom I tried to gift it to for being so awesome, but politely refused like a champ).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mafia 2 -- MB-AC35FB37A068F26B - Taken by MrTeachwell. 10 entrants total.

t1404441722z1.png

Tenrius

as O3 Games

as Starbreeze Studios

You disliked Brothers? It seems to get almost universal praise. I wasn't all that impressed when I played it though.

Spare Cortex Command if anyone wantsies:

This looks very good! Thank you. Never heard of this before. Actually there are so many games on steam I've never heard of before which have such a strong following. There should be a thread about hidden gems on steam.

Also noticed something weird. I always used Firefox and recently started trying out Chrome. The videos in steam were always low-res, even if I went full-screen. But now on Chrome I realize videos are actually in high-def. That's nice.

EDIT: Haha, while I typed my reply the game is gone already without me entering.
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom