• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Someone say Skullgirls? I haven't played in a while, but if anyone wants to play a few matches I'm always down (/nabs).

Ibuki

Banned
Does anyone want to group up for some competitive on CS:GO? I'd prefer to do the new maps but if you want to play Dust 2 I DON'T CARE. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
2402030-6117849252-HFEdN.gif
i just realized the quality in this gif is mindblowing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Right, I get that you think it's trashing up the thread. Let me address that first. There are thousands of games on Steam, so having any attempt at a directed discussion about gaming is utterly futile. At best, we can shoot the shit and talk about what's on sale.

I am curious about one thing though.

If new users are getting games from Shadow and others, then I think their discovery of his generosity is warranted, like "Wow, hey guys, Shadownet is awesome. He gave me a game."

That's someone new to Steam who now believes in this service a little more on account of Shadownet.

If however it is some insular clique where Shadownet just gifts his friends back and forth, well there is a problem. However, since that's not happening, there's no problem. And you know that's not what is happening.

but everybody already knows shadow is awesome (or you, or zero, frosty, etc, its an established fact), must we keep hammering the point home? maybe thats his point?

notice there was no drama when Mokoi went on a rampage, or drama when NBNT went on a rampage. They gifted their shit, didnt make a fuss about it, went on their merry ways.

What Shadow is doing is great, its great when others do it so of course when he does it its great aswell. He is a good person for doing this, I cant stress this enough. Free games are a good thing.

But maybe less of constant "dont forget to update your wishlists so I can gift things guys wink wink" posts would go a long way?

Or my personal favorite "im a terrible person, I forgot who I havent gifted to" :D come on dude, thats like the hot girl that knows she hot and yet cries about hot fat she is :p

but hey, I do "flashy banner giveaways" as you called them, so what do I know. Peace bitches!

my giveaways look amazing and you know it!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
f'!! worst part about a hackintosh.. getting a system update and losing your sound drivers... looks like it will be a while before I hop on Divinity tonight.

dot

I'm glad! :) At first I wanted to make a proper GUI but as soon as I started to read what I would have had to read up for that I felt like "Yeah okay... naah..." and went with the CMD/DOS route :p Also why not, more WebMs are always good!
I wish I could make BlazBlue WebMs, though I'm really terrible at fighters...

Yeah, i have no idea what you just said.

I do understand the spoilered text though! When i get Blazblue i'll make lots of webms, just for you. :)

of me getting owned

yGray

Banned
The Trupple King's dance in Shovel Knight is amazing. Reminds me so much of the dancers from FFIV where their dance was just them changing in direction. Love it!

And yeah what's with all the drama?

There's another dance in there that's pretty funny.

This is getting out of hand. Even if you think that shadownet is doing this for his ego(which is a ridiculous and presumptuous idea), he's still being absurdly generous and gifting people.
There's no problem with feeling a bit jealous, but lashing out at either the ones gifted, who feel grateful and want to thank the one who gave them the gift, or at the gifter, is really childish.
It's people like him, Rhaknar, Sub-Zero and nbnt with their generosity; people like JaseC and Grief with their help on steam and games, users who post their impressions of games, and countless others, that cements why Neogaf, and more specifically, SteamGaf, for me, is one of the best communities i had the chance to participate.

Agreed. As someone who only recently started spending time on SteamGAF, the only negative part of the experience has been seeing the passive aggressive attacks. That's what's kind of awkward and unwelcoming, not seeing some buds share some games with each other :p

Jawmuncher

How hard is Skullgirls compared to Vanguard Princess on normal? Coz the latter is seriously hard for me.

Skullgirls is way easier to play and get into than Vanguard Princess.
It's more in line with Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom 2 so the inputs are easy and very forgiving.

It's a minor nitpick but I really wish that stealth bastard/inc had different bosses, even if the boss rooms are really just puzzle rooms like the rest. Maybe that's something they'll fix in the second game but it kinda cheapens the experience a bit.

Indignate

I won't even use my stick.

4realz we should play though.

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings with my opinions.
I apologize for the sarcasm in my last post, it was not necessary.

Please continue with your happy fun times.

out.

Thanks.

How hard is Skullgirls compared to Vanguard Princess on normal? Coz the latter is seriously hard for me.

In arcade?

About the same. The final boss in Skullgirls might be harder, but her pattern is so easy that it's trivial once you have her done.

I'm glad! :) At first I wanted to make a proper GUI but as soon as I started to read what I would have had to read up for that I felt like "Yeah okay... naah..." and went with the CMD/DOS route :p Also why not, more WebMs are always good!
I wish I could make BlazBlue WebMs, though I'm really terrible at fighters...

Thanks for that script, hopefully I'll find some use for it in the future.

Do you only play Blazblue on the PC or...?

iosefe

salty replies to salty replies are still kinda bad.

Does anyone want to join me in one of the following online games:
  • BattleBlock
  • Castle Crashers
  • SpeedRunners
?

Mono

Haha yeah, that would probably happen.

Be honest, you just wanna see me get beaten up don't you Momo?! ;-;

i'll beat all of you up with my keyboard skillz anyways

don't underestimate amy rose

Oh gosh, Skullgirls with a keyboard! I couldn't find my DS3 for a while and had to learn Skullgirls with keyboard commands. It really hurts your fingers!

For all you know, I could be a pro Skullgirls heckler! #rekt

dot

Jawmuncher pretty much said it. It's easier than Vanguard Princess (to me anyways) and is actually similar to Marvel's button inputs.

Yeah, i have no idea what you just said.

I do understand the spoilered text though! When i get Blazblue i'll make lots of webms, just for you. :)

of me getting owned

Oh basically I said that I was too lazy to make the conversion script a proper program instead of a script! And naaaw thanks :) I would make some too but I lack a capture device for my PS3 and the only BlazBlue PC port is a veeeeeeeeeeery old version :( But yeah believe me, if you would play me, I would get owned, my brain is combo incompatible...

Whenever I think about doing more than a 3-move combo my brain always goes like "AHHH WHICH BUTTON TO PRESS? CHAOS! FINGER-KNOTS! SYSTEM ERROR: SKYFIREBLAZE SHUTTING DOWN!" It's the same reason I can't play DJ MAX D:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where can one find out more about this alpaca game

im not joking :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
this sort of isn't true.

gifter gifts a game to someone. they are appreciative and want to thank the gifter. they now have two choices... privately, either in steam, PM, Skype, whatever.. or publicly in this thread.. I mean really what's the benefit to doing it here. But then beyond that it's not even "thank you" or "thank you for game X" but "hey I'm going to take a screenshot for everyone to see and post that".

Not really as nonchalant as it's being made out to be. shadow more than likely isn't/wasn't say looking for genuine attention/approval, however it's tough to really say that the public display and thank yous are "low key. I don't see the big deal" If that were really the case it could simply be done in PM or steam chat.

glad I posted this... gifting isn't really the problem. I've gifted my brother and friends tons and even had a few non-bundle giveaways in the last thread myself. It's the "look at what x just gave me for free!!!" posts that people are taking issue with. I don't think anyone is taking issue with Shadow, et al, at all.
Whenever I post here regarding a gift I got, it serves a dual purpose: to publicly show appreciation to the gifter and the game they gave me, and to let other GAFfers know how kind and generous that person is. I don't do it to brag nor to incite other people to ask them for gifts.

It's a way of letting other people join in your pleasant surprise. I don't feel jealous when other GAFfers get gifts, and in fact I enjoy seeing the messages they received along with the games, as they are often written in a humorous or funny style (this is regarding Steam gifts, which allow you to type a short text when sending them).

So we should all try to stop feeling bad when nice things happen to other people, and instead take part in their happiness. As Supertramp once sung: "There's so much that we need to share, so send a smile and show you care." Since we are on the Steam thread, it's only natural that "smile" be replaced by "game".

f'!! worst part about a hackintosh.. getting a system update and losing your sound drivers... looks like it will be a while before I hop on Divinity tonight.
Do you use a prebuilt Hackintosh OS or do you install vanilla and kexts yourself?
I tried to hackintoshize my laptop with the original OS but it just wouldn't work. Only a prebuilt one did the job. After Snow Leopard nothing worked anymore though.
OSX has some nifty programs (video editor), so sometimes I think about getting a cheap, old mac pc. But wow, does the price not deflate.

kurahador

Thanks guys!! Installing Skullgirls.

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings with my opinions.

But where is your "opinion" post located???

would you play a dating sim about dragons?

fuck everything

done w/ SteamGAF

fucking hopeless

no, not going to placate an already inflated ego

make sure you buy it as a gift, add it to your inventory and then make a .webm with a greeting to yourself and then post the .webm along with how awesome you are and then have twenty other people quote that post saying omg you are so awesome and then another thirty posts of people begging or dropping not so subtle hints that they want to join your personality cult.. then when others get tired of it, turn around and act like a victim and claim that everyone is just so jealous because you are oh so awesome..

also, to the guy who keeps saying this is about pure jealousy and 'not being a part of steamgaf, grow up guys." congratulations, you are great at cherry picking one point out of several and focusing on it as your sole means of rebut.

I'll just let it be known that I don't mind being pampered :p

Divinity Original Sin is great so far, really enjoying the combat and the visuals complement it nicely. It's neat how you can separate your party into multiple groups. Was having trouble in a battle so I had my archer stay behind and sneak around the mages and light them on fire while my main posse were fighting the horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom