• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocat

Hey guys, if you haven't played Torchlight 2, you should! Just had a short co-op session with Shadownet and the game was awesome! It's a great dungeon ARPG. It's awesome how easy it is to just move around and attack. No lag, and the loot is randomized for each person, so everyone gets their own loot!
I've been meaning to install it for a while. Maybe I'll actually play if I have some Gaffers to play with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got me a win on nabs. It was one for the ages.

you mean he was reading the thread and then let you win?

thats how husslers work

edit: man I missed you Munch, dont go off to get shot at again pls :(

Salsa

Hey guys, I have a lot of games.

7 away from the big 1k

mqdefault.jpg

Jawmuncher

thats how husslers work

If he did he played it really well it was close.
Don't worry I hopefully won't be. Gotta hang out with SteamGAF.

Miguel81

Yeah I thought it was great too, made going through the game a second a lot more fun.

Since I'm fully augmented and basically a tank, I'm just doing the opposite of my stealthy first run. Finding all the routes I missed and listening to the team members chime in is a damn good time. The little tidbits about flaws due to time constraints are very cool to know. Living up to the original is a brutal task and HR is a much better follow-up than IW. Sadly, this was not the team that designed the new Thief.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-E76B9E88B1244462 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1404445305z1.png

Anteater

I've always sucked at every genre when I was young, it's just that people I hung out with were a lot more terrible than me, so I'm kind of their king.

Nabs

thats how husslers work

haha, nah. that comeback was legit. btw the real threat was the dude with the peacock.

fun games. hopefully we do that more often.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
haha, nah. that comeback was legit. btw the real threat was the dude with the peacock.

fun games. hopefully we do that more often.

ill join in for ultra when it comes out, fuck you all up with my Makoto :3

Hugstable

Banned
Since I'm fully augmented and basically a tank, I'm just doing the opposite of my stealthy first run. Finding all the routes I missed and listening to the team members chime in is a damn good time. The little tidbits about flaws due to time constraints are very cool to know. Living up to the original is a brutal task and HR is a much better follow-up than IW. Sadly, this was not the team that designed the new Thief.

I will still always have a thing for the Original Deus Ex that both sequels still haven't met up too. I honestly don't know what it is as DX: HR was at least a step in the right direction, but the ending just wasn't there, among other things. It's still a great game, but it makes me want to play DX1 again though.

Unicorn

I just tried playing Awesomenauts. 2 hours just disappeared. Got in the swing of leveling up to get new dudes. I think I like the Viking wrestler the best so far.

Miguel81

I will still always have a thing for the Original Deus Ex that both sequels still haven't met up too. I honestly don't know what it is as DX: HR was at least a step in the right direction, but the ending just wasn't there, among other things. It's still a great game, but it makes me want to play DX1 again though.

Yeah, the original is top notch stuff. The music is God-tier(MUCH better than this one, sadly) and the dialogue delivery adds so many humorous moments. Also, I miss the ability to swim -- The Hong Kong canal was great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised I left Sledgehammer running overnight. It's times like this I wish it were possible to reset playtime figures.

This is me:

iWq3QoABS1oPG.gif

And I love it. Play Skullgirls. It's not as hard as it looks.

Me too. That's Maximillian's dog, isn't it?

You disliked Brothers? It seems to get almost universal praise. I wasn't all that impressed when I played it though.

Yes. I don't understand the praise. I thought the control system was gimmicky and forced, the "puzzles" required pretty much 0 brainpower, what little "story" was told through the gameplay was predictable schlock right down to the "feels". And some of the design makes absolutely no sense and is just poorly done (about chapter 5 or so, I think?).

Definitely not a fan.

Man, Final Slam 2 is pretty damn great. No achievements tho. :(

Still no word from Steam support. :|

Sorry mang.

Bmzc6ST.jpg

Can't buy or add funds to my wallet. #ThanksGaben

Any idea exactly what triggered it?
I'm still enraged thinking about my market ban for cancelling my preorder and Valve refunding my wallet.

nbnt is locked, mokoi is locked, I still havent gotten my card... they are out to get us

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

That's not everybody.
And maybe they're just trying to help you out, since you didn't buy You Need A Budget when it was a community deal.

Don't read any of it.

Yeah, probably this.
Well, not quite.
Go find my MGR:R webm. That was worthwhile. :p

I've got a spare copy of Crysis 2 Max, check your PM in a minute.
Wow, that's awefully nice of you, thank you!
Sorry, for the late reply. Had to go afk for a bit.
Sadly/Luckily I already got Crysis 2 Max from another gaffer, haha.
I didn't use the key you send, so you can maybe make a giveaway and make another gaffer happy.
Still, much appreciated!

<_< you don't happen to have Crysis 1 Max spare keys ? >_>

Beelzebubs

Wow, that's awefully nice of you, thank you!
Sorry, for the late reply. Had to go afk for a bit.
Sadly/Luckily I already got Crysis 2 Max from another gaffer, haha.
I didn't use the key you send, so you can maybe make a giveaway and make another gaffer happy.
Still, much appreciated!

<_< you don't happen to have Crysis 1 Max spare keys ? >_>

I might have one from humble bundle

*edit* Nevermind it was Crysis 2 in the Humble Bundle not 1.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Installing Diamond Dan. My boyfriend gifted me that game during the sales and it looked interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom