• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do it... change you avatar for the 10th time this week! (I'm not actually counting, but you have changed it alot since I've been on SteamGAF haha)

at the rate yakkue is making me avatars ill change it every day

How many Laharl pics do you actually have? XD

EDIT: I just noticed the alpaca.

hence the holy shit :p And I dont actually have any pics, I just google them at the spot and then send them to photoshop supreme Yakku to make them. This one she made on her own tho lol

because she understands true love between a alpaca and a demon king

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

CS 1.6 was the catalyst for me, however I lost my original Steam account thanks to a mate changing the password against my instruction (I knew he'd forget it) and having no way to reset it. My second and thankfully current account was created in February 2006.

guess a bunch of these came up at once:

Antichamber -- MB-47C45D3BFBA02D35 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-916B7DE7AB2CE52C - Taken by ihateyourhat. 1 entrants total.

At this point whomever wants them.

Humble was bound and determined not to give up the game, but I was victorious. Thanks!

Shadownet

Banned
I picked up a Humble Bundle just for you guys :) enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shadownet:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

140 -- MB-F0AA7FF3BCBF6322 - Taken by InvisibleStride. 1 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-D040801555FF85D6 - Taken by BernardoOne. 14 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-C5BA559419C814A3 - Taken by Helmholtz. 3 entrants total.
Secrets of Rtikon -- MB-56E8CB733BCBD8AA - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 10 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-E6F8C29D5FB0B61F - Taken by pupo. 5 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-CA1438B0CA731E7D

t1404457983z1.png

iosefe

So take a look at this ad...
i thought this died out years ago

anyway. i really love when a game has it's music and such in actually music files(ogg/mp3).
it's one of the best things there is

yGray

Banned
CS 1.6 was the catalyst for me, however I lost my original Steam account thanks to a mate changing the password against my instruction (I knew he'd forget it) and having no way to reset it. My second and thankfully current account was created in February 2006.

Yeah I have an account made in 2006 that I made for 1.6 too lol.

onionfrog

Battleblock Theater
b4023.jpg

Hey guys.
So I just finished Battleblock Theater. It's an interesting puzzle platformer made by the developers of Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Like those games it has a very unique hand drawn look.

It's a platformer where you need to collect at least 3 gems and find the exit gate in each level to proceed. Getting gems usually involves some complicated platforming or puzzle solving by using the environment around you.

However, the last third of the game featured level design that seemed to have been created solely for the purpose of frustrating you. Lots of absurd, pixel perfect platforming and schenanigans. Very often in the last few levels the floor would be entirely made of either water or spikes. (Both of which kill you instantly). The only platforms available to you would be intermittently disappearing and reappearing. If you had a finite number of lives in the game, this sort of level design would not hold up. As it is, you have unlimited attempts to get through levels and checkpoints, so its doable.

There is also an insane difficulty... I don't even want to try that mode. lol

Despite the frustrating last few sections of the game, I found the game very enjoyable.The story is fairly ridiculous and features some wacky voice acting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
From what I've heard, Final Slam 2 is a complete train wreck! How can a newer fighting game not have an online mode?!

Blazblue doesnt, but I guess you said new

Hentai Princess doesnt either

cinders and raetikon

sadly I got 140 right at the end of the sales for almost as much as I paid for this bundle

but hey, im happy for it being somewhat back to form
Out of the three, which would you say is the best?

140 and Ballpoint interest me, but I'm not sure about Raetikon (some bad reviews in this thread) or Cinders.

Salsa

Out of the three, which would you say is the best?

140 and Ballpoint interest me, but I'm not sure about Raetikon (some bad reviews in this thread) or Cinders.

well I havent finished even 1 of the 3 yet, but if I had to say the one I was/am more excited about since reveal it's Raetikon, just looks great to me, and good devs behind it (I liked and yet it moves)

the reviews are as disappointing as they are few to be fair

Jawmuncher

Considering I couldnt even get Vanguard Princess to run in fulls screen without glitching out. That game has bigger problems than just no online mode.

Mono

Machinarium is 1.99 USD at the Humblestore. Probably one of the most charming games of all time imo.

I may be alone in this, but I HATED Machinarium. :(

I really wanted to like it because the art style is absolutely gorgeous!! The backgrounds, animation, character design, music, and color scheme are all wonderful and work well together. The game is definitely great to look at!

I have never played a more frustrating point and click. In the early game, puzzles are limited to a few rooms at a time. Machinarium loves making you collect stuff from different rooms in order to complete one of the rooms' puzzles. Some of it doesn't make any sense and it's very frustrating.

Later in the game, you have a huge amount of rooms you can go through as you please with a million different puzzles everywhere. You have no idea which items go with which puzzle, or which ones you have to complete first to progress in the game. So you spend most of the time wandering around getting frustrated.

Maybe that was just me, though.

Jawmuncher

Yes it is.. The art style is really nice.

Has anyone played Botanicula? How does it stack up? I own it but haven't played it yet.

I own it and was wondering as well.
It's just hanging out. Among the rest of my backlog.
I swear I'll need my childrens children to play them all.

denx

If you guys are still up to play some Skullgirls, I'll be online tomorrow night
to get owned.

In other super important news, I defeated Armstrong, God bless America.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's a nice thought: if Deep Silver buys Crytek UK as is being rumoured, we'll finally get Second Sight back on Steam. Publishing rights reverted back to Free Radical (now Crytek UK) in September 2012, however Crytek has made no effort to return the game to DD stores.

Anustart

Is there an official 360 controller + wireless receiver I can purchase off of newegg or amazon? I've heard there's some trouble with off brand ones and it can be kinda tough to find an official? I want official!

I really wanted to like it because the art style is absolutely gorgeous!! The backgrounds, animation, character design, music, and color scheme are all wonderful and work well together. The game is definitely great to look at!

I have never played a more frustrating point and click. In the early game, puzzles are limited to a few rooms at a time. Machinarium loves making you collect stuff from different rooms in order to complete one of the rooms' puzzles. Some of it doesn't make any sense and it's very frustrating.

Later in the game, you have a huge amount of rooms you can go through as you please with a million different puzzles everywhere. You have no idea which items go with which puzzle, or which ones you have to complete first to progress in the game. So you spend most of the time wandering around getting frustrated.

Fuck Machinarium. Point and Click's can rot in hell.

Speevy

Banned

I think you just described the design philosophy of traditional point-and-click adventure games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom