• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Several of you have spent thousands of dollars without having your accounts locked down.

I'm inclined to believe that dealings with the Russians might be a common thread?

Strider

I just tried playing Awesomenauts. 2 hours just disappeared. Got in the swing of leveling up to get new dudes. I think I like the Viking wrestler the best so far.

I picked up Awesomenauts during the sale and it's amazingly fun. Froggy G is my favorite.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still have Skullgirls, KOF and Injustice (and the hentai one too, I forget the name) all untouched. For someone that supposably loves fighting games, im a slacker

Salsa

I still have Skullgirls, KOF and Injustice (and the hentai one too, I forget the name) all untouched. For someone that supposably loves fighting games, im a slacker

I bet you're not untouched on the hentai one tho

you god damn disgusting pig

Hugstable

Banned
Now everybody is going to know how much of a nerd you are.

Added. I have KOF, but have not had any matches with anybody. So still brand new

We should try to get a little GAF tourney going someday if alot of people play. I have KOF also but I'm really horrible.

ibdF9EHy7WWMUZ.gif

haha

"I'm gonna earn a bit so i can buy The Witcher 3"

*Dota 2 Updates with Info's about their events and prizes and the Secret Shop*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO" :(

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I know some people don't wanna hear about gifts and whatnot, but I just wanna thank Shadownet here for 1001 spikes and the nice words. Seriously, this guy, this guy..

But now I can't gift him back anything thanks to Gaben, and this just makes me feel..

14569621335_bd956bd6ca_o.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh by the way I forgot my daily "fuck playfire" post

Fuck Playfire

Unicorn

I know some people don't wanna hear about gifts and whatnot, but I just wanna thank Shadownet here for 1001 spikes and the nice words. Seriously, this guy, this guy..

But I can't gift him back anything thanks to Gaben, and this just makes me feel..

14569621335_bd956bd6ca_o.gif
Huh, why not?

Miguel81

The fighter that I want desperately on Steam is Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown but Sega doesn't want my money. Still have the original PS3 version of 5, but my Triple is long gone.

Wow, that's awefully nice of you, thank you!
Sorry, for the late reply. Had to go afk for a bit.
Sadly/Luckily I already got Crysis 2 Max from another gaffer, haha.
I didn't use the key you send, so you can maybe make a giveaway and make another gaffer happy.
Still, much appreciated!

<_< you don't happen to have Crysis 1 Max spare keys ? >_>

No problem. But yeah, only had '2' unfortunately.

Anyone else?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-C5370ED4FDA415E5 - Taken by famfrit

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hey is Cinders any good? what is it like?

From what I gather earlier on the thread its good. It seems to be a visual novel similar to Long Live The Queen (Also good) but with better branching paths. I shall get it later this year as I like the visual style and after Long Live The Queen Im warming up to Visual Novel games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
and I just realized you haven't accept it yet... *mad face*

I'm getting there! I have a few pending friend requests but only two free friend list slots, so I had to delete a handful of people who hadn't been online in yonks (don't worry, I didn't delete anyone in the GAF group).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it registers like 1 out of 3 or 4 games I open (I only really do the "play for the first time" ones)

You have to let it register at least .1 hours played. Also, do it before the last day as it seems to miss those regularly.

guess a bunch of these came up at once:

Antichamber -- MB-47C45D3BFBA02D35 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-916B7DE7AB2CE52C - Taken by ihateyourhat. 1 entrants total.

At this point whomever wants them.

Jawmuncher

LOL

I've never had that happen or have even heard of that happening before. That was really strange. Maybe Skullgirls is having server problems today?

I guess so. Thought it was someones connection maybe, but it was messing up no matter who was in there.

Anustart

Stopped playing Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim until next week when I get my new gpu and controller (for sleeping dogs). I don't want to see skyrim in a bad light.

Anustart

Wait a second, I see in the market that the Knight head in battleblock theater is selling for stupid amounts, yet mine is untradeable or marketable, whats up with that?

Strider

I love it. I'm interested in playing more if you wanted to add me (or can you not join a game with a friend?)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/billmcdougal/

You can def play with friends. I wont be playing tonight but I just sent over a friend request so we can play sometime. I'll be on throughout the weekend.

So far I've only played 2-3 hours of the game because of been trying to play some of the singleplayer games I picked up in the sale but I love it so far. I can def see myself putting a lot of time into it.

Here's my profile if any other Awesomenauts players (or really just steamGAF in general) care to add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074164037

Accoun

I just finished Typing of the Dead: Overkill my good people:

P90RSlY.png

I posted my impression/review on Steam in case any of you would like to Rate up or down but I'll also just put it here:

Before I start, these are just my impressions from a very Casual point of view. I had no interest in seeking any sort of challenge as this is the perfect game to play in short bursts after a long tiresome day. Each act is rather short so it won’t take you much time to complete meaning that, if you just ended a long, busy day, if you are dead tired or just want a mindless game without the need to focus a lot on Story elements or harsh gameplay mechanics, this game might be just what you need.

In Typing of the Dead you play in a Story where two characters who appear to have nothing in common must join forces to defeat a biggest problem than their own personality: Papa Caesar. Responsible (or is it…?) for the outbreak filled with Zombies from all sorts of sizes and horrible habits and for the murder (or maybe not…?) of one of character’s father death, you must play through 9 exciting Acts coming to you in a cheap Hollywood horror movie form. The acting is one of the worst you can expect, but, in a good way. Same goes for the jokes that are so bad that they end up being quite funny due the excessive amount of randomness they represent.

Your weapon can be two: Either your own Keyboard, where typing is key as you need to write as fast as possible to engage in combos, avoid damage and score even more points or your mouse to point and shoot. What you type, however is up to you. Whether you are playing the base or not there’s a lot to choose from when it comes to the vocabulary. There are 5 DLCs (I own 4 of them) which can focus more on a certain theme when it comes to what you type. While I found it funny it was a challenge for me since not only I found out I’m incredible slow at typing but also, English is not my native language. I feel this game can improve your typing skills but when it comes to improve your language I’m not so sure. Unless you are interested in the most random sort of things to call at someone.

Visuals are decent enough. They are not modern visuals by any means but this game should not be played for its visuals either way. The sound however, felt a bit of a letdown. Every time I had to use some sort of QTE to kill a bigger enemy (in both modes) the sound/music would go lower and some narration as well other sound effects would get completely silenced for a short period of time. I don’t know if the Developers are aware of this or if they intend to solve this issue.

Aside of the two different modes you can play there are also 3 Mini-games: “Victim Support”, “Stayin’ Alive” and “Money Shot II”. These can be fun as something to play between longer/deep games in order to fill those dead times. Finally, there is also Collectibles in this game. You can collect from Comic Book pages to Soundtracks to play in your Jukebox, Concept Art and also 3D Models from the characters and enemies. As in mostly games they are completely optional. In the end, I had a pleasant time with this game and I would recommend it for the reasons I wrote above. The duo of bad horror and comedy are mixed well enough to keep you entertained for some time.

:)

Thanks. Sadly, The Typing Of The Dead isn't available on Steam. Haven't played the new one, but the original looks better. Well, not graphically but...
I liked that they added some real goofiness to it. I mean, the characters instead of guns had backpacks that were bigger Dreamcasts with a huge battery and in front they had keyboards. The weapon-wielding zombies had the weapons changed for totally different things (I think axes turned into plungers etc.). If I'm not wrong, none of the things like that happen in Overkill.
Also from what I remember, the bosses had things like "you get a question and 3 answers and you have to type the correct one" or "you have to type sets of phrases (as opposed to single phrases that you usually get) that actually make - some - sense together". I really liked these touches and from what I've seen in videoreviews and such, they aren't in Overkill. And the first one may have had better phrases, although I wouldn't say I'm able to compare them in that field. Haven't seen either in a while.

At the very least, there's a speedrun of it at AGDQ/SGDQ YouTube channel, so if someone's interested, he may chack it out. And some of the situations during the run were really funny.

Hey, so it's just Magical Battle Arena except without copyrighted characters?

As someone who loves candy corn I draw the line at peeps, disgusting goblets of sugar. They taste like despair.

Peeps confirmed for Danganronpa 2 Collector's Edition bonus.

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.
Me, for Gold/GOTY/whatever edition.
And it's still how it is for me, except it has a now-popular digital distribution store and some social features.
Although it's not my first account. That one I borrowed to my cousin back in the day because he wanted to play HL2. It came back to me with a VAC ban because he started playing CSS on it and cheated. :-/

...and I guess this is the place where I give up and skip to the last page of this thread instead of trying to read all of the posts that accumulated when I wasn't at my computer.
Seriously, it's 6:00 (AM for 12-hour clock users). ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom