• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Wait a second, I see in the market that the Knight head in battleblock theater is selling for stupid amounts, yet mine is untradeable or marketable, whats up with that?

I believe the Knight head used to be marketable but they changed it due to a bug, and all the Knight heads that were on the market before the change are still there.

It's kinda weird that heads are even marketable because you can get them all in-game for free. Why would anyone pay for them?

Mokoi

Banned
I picked up a Humble Bundle just for you guys :) enjoy.

Thanks for Crimzon Clover! I've been meaing to try that shump out.

holy

shit

bmlfCMp.png

Yakkue is the GOAT

Bruh do you always change avatars to just a diff version? Because I like it.

The fighter that I want desperately on Steam is Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown but Sega doesn't want my money. Still have the original PS3 version of 5, but my Triple is long gone.

VF was always a game I couldn't get into. And I don't like DoA either.
I'm more of a Tekken guy (and Soul Calibur to a lesser extent).

Mono

Jawmuncher

That game is awesome and is still better than Psi-Ops! (I remember there being a big debate about these two games because they came out around the same time...)

Here's another nice thought: They may make a new game that allows us to split some time

I dunno about that. The telekinesis in Psi-Ops was way more satisfying.

Psi-Ops makes Dino Crisis 3 look like Dino Crisis 2

;)

Now that's just brutal.
We all know Dino Crisis 3 never happened.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Garry's Mod
48.0 hrs last two weeks / 1,340 hrs on record

Almost all of that is my kids. They also let it idle way to many times... many times before school and I don't notice until after school they let it idle.. but still...

They also have this achievement:

gmoddose3.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can you reset that in the statistics using SAM?

I no longer have SAM installed, but I don't recall seeing any such option. As I understand it, playtime figures are completely server-side -- this is why time played during Offline Mode doesn't carry over.

I beat Mirror's Edge tonight... Clearing out my backlog pretty quick!

There were some parts I really loved, and there were some parts that were really frustrating and janky.

First of all, the combat/gunplay is god awful and every time I entered a room with enemies, especially towards the end of the game, I dreaded it.

The game really shined when I was jumping building to building, or figuring out ways to navigate a cluttered room. The platforming mechanics were the obvious highlight and makes me wish that there were more FIrst Person platformers.

8/10

I bet EA ruins Mirror's Edge 2

Speevy

Banned
downloading now.

i have medium to high expectations now

Well it is old. So if you've played old point and clicks before, you should be fine.

I think old games are most jarring when we haven't touched them before. Like I can't get into some of those old PC RPGs.

dot

Finally got unlocked from the market and sold my Operation Breakout and Huntsman cases for a combined total of 4 AMURICA DOLLARS.
(actually it was 3.91 but whatever)

white-kid-dance-clubq6kza.gif

#winning #tb4l #ariana #juststeamthings #hailhydra

Seaklng

Banned
Finally got unlocked from the market and sold my Operation Breakout and Huntsman cases for a combined total of 4 AMURICA DOLLARS.

DOLLA DOLLA BILLS Y'ALLL
damn ur rich af

edit:
thanks to aku:jiki for Vanguard Princess <333 ;3

iosefe

Well it is old. So if you've played old point and clicks before, you should be fine.

I think old games are most jarring when we haven't touched them before. Like I can't get into some of those old PC RPGs.
i think i'll be fine
a comic comes with the gog, is that before, after, or concurrent with the game?

You know, I mostly just keep to the steam thread on GAF because the rest of the threads can often be such a poop-show, and now I'm in here reading people talk mess about Machinarium...

What the fuck guys.

Oublieux

Some people just are not into point and clicks... I am one of those people. I can appreciate the dialogue and witty humor in some of them, but I just feel like some puzzles in point and clicks are an exercise is hitting just the right pixel to find some object of interaction or have obtuse solutions.

Mono

Garry's Mod
48.0 hrs last two weeks / 1,340 hrs on record

Almost all of that is my kids. They also let it idle way to many times... many times before school and I don't notice until after school they let it idle.. but still...

They also have this achievement:

gmoddose3.png

That's impressive!

American_Flag_%26_Crying_Bald_Eagle_Patriotic.jpg

Just in time for Muricaday!

You yanks need to not set off fireworks at 1am!!

Salsa

Some people just are not into point and clicks... I am one of those people. I can appreciate the dialogue and witty humor in some of them, but I just feel like some puzzles in point and clicks are an exercise is hitting just the right pixel to find some object of interaction or have obtuse solutions.

well, that tends to be a sign of a bad point and click game, and the thing people mostly criticize about em (and nowadays about the old ones)

however, it.. doesnt really happen in Machinarium. It makes sense, and they were smart and made it pretty short.

Ozium

well, that tends to be a sign of a bad point and click game, and the thing people mostly criticize about em (and nowadays about the old ones)

however, it.. doesnt really happen in Machinarium. It makes sense, and they were smart and made it pretty short.

they also give you a little shooty game to play that gives you pretty explicit hints as to what to do, so it never feels like you are stuck

Jawmuncher

Yeah who owns the Carmen San Diego games anyway? You'd think those would be on GOG at least. Remember they were one of the few "educational" games that adults were playing as well back then.

I've played a couple of hours of Skullgirls (not on Steam) and I did not really get the appeal of it.
For some reason the gameplay felt a bit slow or maybe I've grown accustomed to playing more fast paced fighting games.

Yrael

Spare key from the Humble bundle for anyone who wants it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Antichamber -- MB-857C1312EEAE2E65 - Taken by Man Puncher. 5 entrants total.

t1404450785z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom