• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I want you to save up for you trip and not buy anymore games until at least the winter sale and then you can buy me whatever i dont have by then

tumblr_lqbc79l9X21qmwcjao1_500.gif

Speevy

Banned
You know, I was thinking about a non-gift discussion that could still support our community and I thought of this.

Whenever I look deep into the steam libraries and wish lists of the big fish, I see games I haven't heard of.

Some are bundle fodder, others shovelware, but occasionally I come across a game that no one has, but that looks genuinely interesting.

So there you go. Name one (or two, or three, however many you want) games that are either in your library or on your wish list that you're pretty sure almost no one has their eye on, or has played, or whatever. It's obscure.

Ryne

Going to take the plunge on Sunless Sea and Gods Will Be Watching.

I'm starting to buy more early access games, I don't know what's wrong with me. Gods looks like a fun game though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
werent you sleeping for your exam? You felt it didnt you, you felt the blood feud boiling inside of you. Its alright, its normal to be afraid. You strike me down in a moment of weakness and sing jolly songs of how you defeated the beast

you should have killed me when you had the chance, but alas, like your namesake, you cant kill fuck all, you can only be killed. Like a bitch

Exam starts in one hour so I will be here mocking you until then.

I'm not done with you yet. Once I'm done with my precious October preorders, I'll finish you once and for all

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Hugstable

Banned
You know, I was thinking about a non-gift discussion that could still support our community and I thought of this.

Whenever I look deep into the steam libraries and wish lists of the big fish, I see games I haven't heard of.

Some are bundle fodder, others shovelware, but occasionally I come across a game that no one has, but that looks genuinely interesting.

So there you go. Name one (or two, or three, however many you want) games that are either in your library or on your wish list that you're pretty sure almost no one has their eye on, or has played, or whatever. It's obscure.

JaseC tho

Also for a serious answer, even though people have played them, Dustforce and Jamestown

Vangers is a game I'll always promote, simply because it's full of neat ideas once you get past some Euro jank (challenging environment traversal, sidequest bugs, cryptic in-game text). Y'all should get this when it goes for 75% off again, it's something only the Russians would make (made by the same devs who did Perimeter, actually).

wilflare

guys, do you think we will see a 90% discount again on the Serious Sam stuff?
I'm missing these three and my OCD is tempting me to just jump in at 85%

Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
Serious Sam 3: BFE Bonus Pack

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a Saoirse Alpaca 'shop would make my day

and ruin JaseC's life

Aw man, if we're talking old school "FMV" games... I want the The Residents: Bad Day on the Midway! Sure, it was CG, but it basically qualifies, even if i'm not sure it actually qualifies as a game.

But here's hoping nobody ever brings back Devo: Adventures of the Smart Patrol. Screw that game.

guys, do you think we will see a 90% discount again on the Serious Sam stuff?
I'm missing these three and my OCD is tempting me to just jump in at 85%

Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
Serious Sam 3: BFE Bonus Pack

The chance is about a billion %, but is that -5% really a deal breaker?

I vaguely remember playing an FMV game when I was 2 where there was this man in a wizard robe (something like that) speaking to the screen, and then there was some environment traversal or some stuff, maybe some puzzles...all very fuzzy in my mind, I must admit. Pretty sure it wasn't Phantasmagoria, since I played this game at a Catholic friend's house.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

1.Race to Mars
2.War of the Overlord
3.Battle Chess game of Kings

All 3 are EA games

Chime.

The keyword being "played" :p

I really doubt that he's played Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell, a game that no one on my friend's list even has on their wishlist.
And for good reason!
I can vouch for Jamestown. I'm not a big fan of those sorts of games, but Jamestown has really tight controls and is a lot of fun.

It helps the I went into the game literally knowing nothing about it. I was a bit surprised at that intro, lol!
The only thing I dislike about Jamestown is having to replay stages on higher difficulty to unlock more stages.

Mono

JaseC tho

Also for a serious answer, even though people have played them, Dustforce and Jamestown

I can vouch for Jamestown. I'm not a big fan of those sorts of games, but Jamestown has really tight controls and is a lot of fun.

It helps the I went into the game literally knowing nothing about it. I was a bit surprised at that intro, lol!

Mokoi

Banned

Pat & Mat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fuck you I liked this one.

No worries, bro. I liked it too. The worst book in the best series of all time is still a pretty damn good book. :)

Oublieux

Guys! I need your help. I'm looking for 4 player co-op/competitive games with a caveat: it shouldn't be level based. I tried playing Borderlands 2 with a few buddies, but because of our differing schedules only two or three of us (out of four) would inevitably be unable to play. This ended up being a problem because we'd progress in levels ahead of the one person who was missing out and would have to wait.

There are the obvious games like Sonic All-Stars, arena shooters, etc. but can anyone else name some off the top of their head?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How do you get booster packs?

They just randomly show up in your inventory depending on how many users have crafted a game's badge.

Also just noticed that it's my Steam account's birthday. That ES feature really is a nice little surprise to randomly see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom