• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is officially July 4th! Let us remember our American heritage when on this eventful day in history where we poured tea into the ocean with native americans then ate a feast out of a cornhole cup and all the eagles cried tears of joy.
So you must live west of Texas, I presume? Been an hour after midnight for me.

Work is going to be very claustrophobic once everyone's got a table and I have to make sure the dining area's clean.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guess I gotta give it a shot then!

If you're a fan of BttF and haven't played this, get ready to live dude. Christopher Lloyd is awesome as always, and the kid they found to play Marty is like spooky accurate.

Oh you think that Ender's Game book was bad? We're just getting started.

SteamGafWar2.jpg

THE PACE IS UNRELENTING INDEED!

LOL @ "Now a hit TV series".

Deitus

The display you were playing on in 1997 also had a very small resolution compared to what you are probably playing on today.

Upscaling to that degree never does any favors to pre-rendered cut scenes.

Honestly, I don't think resolution is the bigger problem here. The models were just very low poly, even in the pre-rendered cutscenes, and were basically solid colors rather than any kind of texture. It was impressive for the time, but it hasn't aged well. FF8 cutscenes have aged much better in comparison.

actually there is nothing on my wishlist that I dont find interesting or would buy myself. I dont wack everything on it

I just find a lot of shit interesting /shrug

also Marco if you dont use that avatar...FOR FREEDOM, you are unamerican. Yakkue made it, just for you. for YOU Marco
Yeah, I actually prematurely cull my backlog by removing stuff from my wishlist that I'm not sure I'd actually play. Like rebuying most of the Hitman games on PC, etc.

Yeah yeah yeah. Avatar changed for a day.

Oublieux

I just wish it was on gog :(

At least I have the original cds around somewhere.

Wow, shit, I thought I was the only one who ever played this back when I was in middle school or something. I remember it being a frustrating exercise of trying to figure out some puzzles...

Fucking tabletop simulator is the best. Played like three games I had never heard off today and they were all fun! Love playing with people who actually know what they are doing so they can explain it to me cause I have no idea!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I actually prematurely cull my backlog by removing stuff from my wishlist that I'm not sure I'd actually play. Like rebuying most of the Hitman games on PC, etc.

Yeah yeah yeah. Avatar changed for a day.

YES! Look at him Marco, look! He's sweating because he knows whats behind him, he knows he cant resist!

its perfect O_O

guys, this...this is going to be a good day

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hate all of you people that do this. I wanted to gift stuff to some members during the sale but their wishlist was so huge and messy that I didn't know what games they were interested in.

There are just too many games that look good now. Organizing lists is hard.

It took me a long time to organize that thing after the sale ended and it's already messed up again because of the new stream of releases :/

How do I gift games from the more recent Humble Bundles?

Click on the gift option, copy the link, post it in a pm for a modbot raffle like usual. It's somewhere in the modbot guide.

Teppic

I need more Telltale goodness. Which games should I play besides TWD and Wolf Among Us?
Sam & Max Season 1-3. Strong Bad and Wallace & Gromit is the best ones.

Tales of Monkey Island is good, but I didn't really like the new take on Guybrush. Some weird puzzle design too, even if most were good.

Back to the Future is the least good, but is still worth playing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They are, and hopefully it will be the first licensed (not mod) GoT game that's any good.

isnt the euro rpg kinda ok, even with its euro jankiness? Spiders game I believe? (I assume every janky euro rpg is a Spiders game)

Amzin

I'm not sure if I'm glad I checked the thread before bed or not but... well, here I am. And off I go :p have fun
with your alpaca farming

Card Boy

Banned
Back to the Future is the least good, but is still worth playing.

Back to the Future: The Game was amazing it is literally Back to the Future 4. The guy that does Marty's voice sounds exactly like MJF and Christopher Llyod himself plays Doc Brown. It was a blast to play as a Back to the Future fan.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
isnt the euro rpg kinda ok, even with its euro jankiness? Spiders game I believe? (I assume every janky euro rpg is a Spiders game)

I think it's Cyanide. And yes it's kinda ok if you ignore the clunky gameplay and the horrible tv character impressions

Rhaknar

I wake up and

HOLY SHIIIIITTTTT

Though my laptop can't run witcher 3 and I already have broforce.

he was joking because someone said "im going to bed dont do anything interesting"

although in shadows case, I guess he could be serious /shrug

Ozium

Point & Clicks? ppth.. Text adventures are where it's at...

Best iteration of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ever made was by Infocom.

dot

This thread...

RDazUlx.gif

if someone photoshops an alpaca to amy's face i'll use it for amurica day

don't do it

Mono

Point & Clicks? ppth.. Text adventures are where it's at...

Best iteration of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ever made was by Infocom.

I agree! And man, that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game is on the same level as Dark Souls in terms of difficulty. I love it!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

If you mean the Cyanide Studio game, I actually played that one for a bit on a PS3. I'll assume the PC version is better, but even then I wouldn't recommend it unless you're very much a fan of the franchise. It's kinda okay, but that's not really saying much.

Alpaca World Domination
ibvVXnJ9HlKg4g.png

I'm liking this alpaca trend. I'm liking it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom