• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I already regret the almost 6 dollars for 2 games bundle purchase. Hopefully Cinders will turn out to be a great game. You guys have the rest.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

KAMI -- MB-AE75285A608878AE - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite -- MB-59162315D454F86E - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-3615E428B50554F4 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-59522F7CB4164D9D - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.

t1404467074z1.png

Copons

moltenCorgi.jpg

...well, fuck. You win again Blizzard, you win again :(

yes yes its OT >_<

edit: or not since aparently Rob Pardo just left Blizzard...damn, dude was there for like 15 years or more

:O

And I really mean :O

Time to unfreeze the account and freeze my life again.

Arthea

Making a path choice leading to ending A, B or C is not enough to be a game. That's the digital equivalent to "choose your own adventure" books from the 80's. They always were and still are referred to as books. It's not at all about my personal preference, it's about being objectively logical. Referring to things that aren't games as "games" doesn't serve a logical purpose. I know some people mean for "non-games" to be an insult, but I'm an adult! I don't mind what you spend your time on. They objectively are non-games, though, and it's not a matter of personal opinion.

The frustrating part is sitting down at your computer, ready to have some discussions about games, only to open the thread and see everyone babbling about uninteresting and unrelated non-games. It's pretty much like opening the "what are you reading?" thread in OT and seeing a discussion about everyone's favorite music at the moment. It doesn't make sense and is disappointing when you wanted to discuss the actual subject of the thread.

Well, if you guys want me to take the VN genre seriously, maybe stop using stupid names! The games I've played that were referred to as VN allowed little interaction where the only real input is essentially picking an ending through your actions.

For example, why did everyone insist on calling LLTQ a VN if it's actually a stat-based strategy game? That's pointless and unproductive!
LLTQ is and VN and choice based sim, at least I think I tagged it on steam as such. I wouldn't call it a stat-based strategy game, as your choices influence what stats are needed and not other way around.

Now about your objectivity, I don't see it as such, I see it as not willing to take other point of view. You not gonna change how people perceive games by being sure that everybody is wrong but you, that's not how reality works (><)

Anyway, it's clear that your opinion is set in stone and this argument goes nowhere, but thanks for sticking with it, at least now I know that you aren't just trolling for fun.

Still available...no surprise really haha. I will have better stuff to giveaway soon when I have time to go through all my Bundle Pages.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Racers STREET -- MB-7E042BAF5C854143 - Taken by XDDX

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the tag line for Sunless Sea is "Lose your mind, eat your crew"

I am suddenly interested o_O

MadGear

lol, thats just some fan art for the ursa hero.

Ursa in-game is actually a massive bear that gets up close and personal and hits with it's claws.

Well, at least the aegis part about that image is usually true :D Either way he is still cuter than puck (that thing is an abomination, people need to wake up xD).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
the tag line for Sunless Sea is "Lose your mind, eat your crew"

I am suddenly interested o_O

I haven't played it yet, but am interested. Also it apparently is in late beta right now, it's hitting Early Access to let people try it and give critique so they can do last minute touches and additions, but playing it now should be close to its near-complete form.

I've also heard it's good. Particularly compliments to the game's atmosphere, management systems, decision making, the mentioned decisions to try and stay insane or become an insane crew-eating maniac, and some of the murky stuff that lay deeper in the depths of the game as you continue to play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I haven't played it yet, but am interested. Also it apparently is in late beta right now, it's hitting Early Access to let people try it and give critique so they can do last minute touches and additions, but playing it now should be close to its near-complete form.

I've also heard it's good. Particularly compliments to the game's atmosphere, management systems, decision making, the mentioned decisions to try and stay insane or become an insane crew-eating maniac, and some of the murky stuff that lay deeper in the depths of the game as you continue to play.

dusk I miss you, where you been hiding?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What's everyone's most anticipated game due for Steam release currently? I think my top three are probably Gods Will Be Watching, Super Time Force Ultra and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. All with lovely pixel art, coincidentally enough. Really looking forward to those.

Oh, and I won Ballpoint Universe! Thanks Lain!

pahamrick

To my fellow American Steam-Gaffers, hope you have a Happy Fourth! To the everyone else: I hope you have a great day!

I spent the majority of last night and this morning at the hospital, so I think I need to do something to relax the nerves.

Yrael

Hooray, I finally achieved victory in Long Live the Queen! :)

I was poisoned, shot, stabbed, drowned and blasted with magic at various points along the way, but by god, I got there in the end.

Arthea

u/don't/play having a sale? That's something I don't see often.

What's everyone's most anticipated game due for Steam release currently? I think my top three are probably Gods Will Be Watching, Super Time Force Ultra and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. All with lovely pixel art, coincidentally enough. Really looking forward to those.

mine still is Trails (both games and hope for more, actually)
funny I know (><)
and even funnier - Steins gate

Hooray, I finally achieved victory in Long Live the Queen! :)

I was poisoned, shot, stabbed, drowned and blasted with magic at various points along the way, but by god, I got there in the end.

congratulations
now you need more victories!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Three? There's so many releasing I'm interested in, it's ridiculous.

For the rest of the month the games I'm looking forward to the most are Claire, Whispering Willows, and Darkwood.

Rhaknar

watching this The Forrest quicklook, shit looks awesome, I wish it wasnt EA :/

AngerdX

Just came of from an hour with Sunless Sea and Yes ohh Yes, atleast for me, the blackness is dangerous and everything feels like it´s out to get you, loose all the crew and it´s over. Yummy
3AQmK.gif

will need alot more time with it to judge properly but sofar nice experience.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Mount & Blade -- MB-6B5B43D90B44E3FF - Taken by pahamrick
Blade of Time Limited Edition -- MB-3171A61B91AC5BB3 - Taken by nightstorm

Looks like I forgot to put a s in Blades.

Rhaknar

Blades of Time was surprisingly decent, I actually finished it

Seaklng

Banned
moltenCorgi.jpg

yes yes its OT >_<

edit: or not since aparently Rob Pardo just left Blizzard...damn, dude was there for like 15 years or more

hftgjrskfmngkleafz that's so damn cute.
I might have to start playing again /:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Making a path choice leading to ending A, B or C is not enough to be a game. That's the digital equivalent to "choose your own adventure" books from the 80's. They always were and still are referred to as books. It's not at all about my personal preference, it's about being objectively logical. Referring to things that aren't games as "games" doesn't serve a logical purpose. I know some people mean for "non-games" to be an insult, but I'm an adult! I don't mind what you spend your time on. They objectively are non-games, though, and it's not a matter of personal opinion.

The frustrating part is sitting down at your computer, ready to have some discussions about games, only to open the thread and see everyone babbling about uninteresting and unrelated non-games. It's pretty much like opening the "what are you reading?" thread in OT and seeing a discussion about everyone's favorite music at the moment. It doesn't make sense and is disappointing when you wanted to discuss the actual subject of the thread.

Well, if you guys want me to take the VN genre seriously, maybe stop using stupid names! The games I've played that were referred to as VN allowed little interaction where the only real input is essentially picking an ending through your actions.

For example, why did everyone insist on calling LLTQ a VN if it's actually a stat-based strategy game? That's pointless and unproductive!
Looks like you have a problem with other people talking about games you are not interested in? Why don't you do like everyone else and ignore conversations about games you dislike? I never could get into strategy games, but I wouldn't call Crusader Kings 2 a non-game and ask our fellow SteamGAFfers to stop discussing it here.

And making an analogy with music is being dishonest. No one ever said music and books were part of the same group, while the same can't be said of VN and "real games".

Lain

moltenCorgi.jpg

yes yes its OT >_<

Rob Pardo left Blizzard? Where is he going to go now? also that Corgi looks awesome. Wouldn't mind having one when I go back to WoW when the expansion hits.

Just completed Episode 2 of Season 1 of The Walking Dead, at the recommendation of SteamGaf.

I've never been a fan of the TV show but damn, Telltale know how to make these games. It was gripping the entire way through.

liezryou

Thanks to liezryou for helping me get my keys back. Told the trader who had been ignoring me for days that I'd report him to steamrep and low and behold he finally responds.

Anytime duders, just glad you got your keys back ^_^

liezryou sensei is absolutely awesome!

You! Shutup and back to practicing buying keys, you still big newbie!

russian bear proves once again that he is in fact, the best bear

Only for you babe ;)

AngerdX

Think i saw something that Rob Pardo was taking the summer for family time, and then after that take the next step in his career or somthing to that affect.

And why not the man got talent in spades. ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Huh, Walking Dead S1 has trading cards but S2 doesn't. Neither does TWAU actually. Wonder why they'd stop including them? Doesn't exactly take much effort to make them, and they'd already done it once.

Arthea

Huh, Walking Dead S1 has trading cards but S2 doesn't. Neither does TWAU actually. Wonder why they'd stop including them? Doesn't exactly take much effort to make them, and they'd already done it once.

We had this talk many times, I'm still amazed that so many devs don't understand usefulness (for them) of including cards.
Then again some ignore achievements too, when so many gamers suffer this kind of OCD and it is widely known.

AHA-Lambda

Last episode of wolf among us
Gods will be watching
Hotline miami 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom