• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
In my experience, the site has periods of suspended animation on a regular basis, some more prolonged than others and to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever explained why the site was down. Steam Trades' lack of reliability is what ultimately lead me to discover TF2 Outpost.

Thanks.

aku:jiki

Although I hear Sony may get the first release. Doesn't bother me too much because I'll be double dipping for sure!
Sony does have exclusivity. We don't know how long it is yet. It kinda blows for those of us who don't have any of those systems.

Actually, no, it really blows. All the secrets and cool hidden synergies and stuff will be spoiled before the rest of us get to play it! That's a pretty large disappointment. Ed y u do dis :(

Looks like you have a problem with other people talking about games you are not interested in? Why don't you do like everyone else and ignore conversations about games you dislike? I never could get into strategy games, but I wouldn't call Crusader Kings 2 a non-game and ask our fellow SteamGAFfers to stop discussing it here.

And making an analogy with music is being dishonest. No one ever said music and books were part of the same group, while the same can't be said of VN and "real games".
What am I supposed to say to that, though? I've laid out arguments for why they're not games; just replying "nope, they're games" is not an actual argument and not much to respond to.

Sounds more like you're stuck on the fact that some people use "non-game" as an insult while I don't, despite me having clarified that. It's just about different names for different things.

liezryou

Is there any news as to the unresponsiveness of steamtrades.com? I was thinking about picking up an AMD key. Gaveaway my other one.

It's been this slow for years, it's not gunna change sadly. Make sure you be careful, a couple of people on this thread nearly got scammed trying to buy AMD keys off steamtrades.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony does have exclusivity. We don't know how long it is yet. It kinda blows for those of us who don't have any of those systems.

I distinctly recall reading the same thing, but I'm having trouble digging up a source.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, I got paid my back pays I was owed o/

still no card lol >_> fucking banks

I would lose my fucking mind if somebody gifted me TW3 lol.
Hell, the hype for the game is already making me lose my mind. I usually only watch trailers once or twice but I'm constantly watching TW3's E3 trailer and playing the previous games to make the wait easier.
I also bought all the books.
Yeah, you could say I'm hyped.

JaseC

I would lose my fucking mind if somebody gifted me TW3 lol.
Hell, the hype for the game is already making me lose my mind. I usually only watch trailers once or twice but I'm constantly watching TW3's E3 trailer and playing the previous games to make the wait easier.
I also bought all the books.
Yeah, you could say I'm hyped.

As I said the other day, people who gift TW3 to those hotly anticipating it are actually playing a cruel joke as its presence in their libraries serves as a regular reminder that the game is still several months away. :p

Eanan

Browsing /r/sgs -> sees a trade offering dayZ for 12 tf2 keys -> dammit trade is closed -> adds trader in case, notices its a GAFfer

WHY GAF WHY? Why u give such awesome deals to random strangers instead of me? WHYYYY

That wouldn't have happened to be my ad would it?

haha

liezryou

That wouldn't have happened to be my ad would it?

haha

52107860.jpg

Dingotech

Actually, no, it really blows. All the secrets and cool hidden synergies and stuff will be spoiled before the rest of us get to play it! That's a pretty large disappointment. Ed y u do dis :(

Yeah I must say I'd be fairly annoyed if I was only a PC owner! The existing game was heavily supported by PC which has given them the opportunity to create the remake.

But yeah I have a PS4/Vita so at least I get it, on top of getting it first I believe it's meant to be a PS+ free release as well...

JaseC

Yeah I must say I'd be fairly annoyed if I was only a PC owner! The existing game was heavily supported by PC which has given them the opportunity to create the remake.

But yeah I have a PS4/Vita so at least I get it, on top of getting it first I believe it's meant to be a PS+ free release as well...

At the end of the day, the situation could be worse. Unlike some, what irked me wasn't the fact that the game jumped ship but rather that the developers didn't bother with a crowdfunding attempt due to a baseless assumption that the game would fail to generate enough interest to cover the expanded development timeline.

I'm sorry to betray you all, but I can't wait to play BoI Rebirth on my Vita. It's the perfect system for that game,
same with Spelunky

Uzzy

At the end of the day, the situation could be worse. Unlike some, what irked me wasn't the fact that the game jumped ship but rather that the developers didn't bother with a crowdfunding attempt due to a baseless assumption that the game would fail to generate enough interest to cover the expanded development timeline.

I dream of a day where exclusives die a horrible death, and every game is available on every platform that can run it.

liezryou

money is money after all... no one took me up on my offer in BST either...

Would you believe that I had it for 11 tf2 keys for like half a day, and no one took me up on it. I didnt think it was that good of a deal, I thought 12 keys is the going rate.

Man don't nobody check B/S/T for steam trading.

JaseC

What a bunch of turds, this news still upsets me for multiple reasons.

I would have been perfectly okay with the game becoming a PS4 exclusive if crowdfunding were attempted and ultimately failed, but the situation as it unfolded just felt like a big middle finger to those who'd supported TCR and allowed the studio to reach the point where they were making a game that attracted the utmost attention of Sony.

I dream of a day where exclusives die a horrible death, and every game is available on every platform that can run it.

And I want The Golden Compass back on Steam. ;)

Dingotech

True at least it's still coming!

Although with Isaac it would have been a pretty big stab in the back to PC!

Chariot

money is money after all... no one took me up on my offer in BST either...

Would you believe that I had it for 11 tf2 keys for like half a day, and no one took me up on it. I didnt think it was that good of a deal, I thought 12 keys is the going rate.
Haha, that's unfortunate. Maybe you should post things like that here.

edit: oh, you did.
I posted here too also which I assume is the correct place to put up ads.
Haha, our fault then.

Dingotech

Speaking of Risk of Rain at one point the devs were talking about a content patch.

Did that end up getting anywhere?

EDIT - Read their site, update on 18th of June talks about performance improvements but not content additions. :(

As I said the other day, people who gift TW3 to those hotly anticipating it are actually playing a cruel joke as its presence in their libraries serves as a regular reminder that the game is still several months away. :p

I guess that's one way of looking at it lol.

I would have been perfectly okay with the game becoming a PS4 exclusive if crowdfunding were attempted and ultimately failed, but the situation as it unfolded just felt like a big middle finger to those who'd supported TCR and allowed the studio to reach the point where they were making a game that attracted the utmost attention of Sony.

And I want The Golden Compass back on Steam. ;)

Surely the tens of thousands of people who played and supported Dear Ester on PC wouldn't be interested in crowd funding/ Early Accessing their game. Instead of trying, let's make the follow up to our PC exclusive, on a console with a 8 million install base, and the architecture of a modern PC, yet still they don't have the resources or fan interest to make a PC version... makes perfect sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aeon Command is kinda cool.

First of all, its not a side scrolling shooter at all even if the pictures make it look like one. Its like some sort of tower defense / lane defense game with some RTS elements.

You have your mothership and you need to build workers to fly around collecting resources from asteroids, to build your little army to get to the other end of the lane and destroy the enemy mothership, meanwhile using different units for different types of attacks and collecting energy for special attacks like a heal bubble for your ships, and ive seen enemies use like a aoe vortex

like I said, kinda cool (for a bundle game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom