• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

got released? I missed it being greenlit, weirdly enough.

The game looks kinda hhmmmm. Did I see a Flash pop-up in there?

so1axlm7pjd7.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
You know what, I'm going to go ahead and wait until I've actually played The Witcher 2 before I buy 3, ha. I haven't actually played the first one but I got the second on GOG a little while ago so should give it a try.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know what, I'm going to go ahead and wait until I've actually played The Witcher 2 before I buy 3, ha. I haven't actually played the first one but I got the second on GOG a little while ago so should give it a try.

A wise decision. Frankly, I find it hard to sympathise with those who "buy into hype" and later complain about the game not living up to their expectations.

AHA-Lambda

I'm tempted to get witcher 3 even though I couldn't get into the first 2 and don't have a pc that will run it. Why?

A wise decision. Frankly, I find it hard to sympathise with those who "buy into hype" and later complain about the game not living up to their expectations.

Hmm, case in point. And that's from JaseC :p

Arthea

The game looks kinda hhmmmm. Did I see a Flash pop-up in there?

It's a game about howling, shouting and doing all kind of noises all the way, I wouldn't expect anything other than laughs from it.
Then again I might be wrong!

IDK, all hype trains business is sort of metagame by now. I don't mind people having fun in any unharmful way they choose.

JaseC

Hmm, case in point. And that's from JaseC :p

It's always struck me as, well, dumb. I'm reminded of those who felt betrayed when FFXIII was announced for the X360 -- "I paid the premium for a PS3 to get this and now it's on the cheaper console!?" Well, uh, here's a thought: maybe you should have waited until there were enough other games on the platform to justify the cost.

AHA-Lambda

It's always struck me as, well, dumb. I'm reminded of those who felt betrayed when FFXIII was announced for the X360 -- "I paid the premium for a PS3 to get this and now it's on the cheaper console!?" Well, uh, here's a thought: maybe you should have waited until there were enough other games on the platform to justify the cost.

Oh yeah, absolutely. The Last Guardian is another perfect example of that.

anyone knows of a safer way to add funds to your steam wallet using the $6 M&M promo without Steam Locking you out of the Market for a Week? -__-

JaseC

IDK, all hype trains business is sort of metagame by now. I don't mind people having fun in any unharmful way they choose.

My point is less "They shouldn't do it" and more "They have nobody to blame but themselves".

Sendou

What's everyone's most anticipated game due for Steam release currently?

The Witness. I have been watching Indie Game the Movie and I really like to listen to Blow talking. Well that's not the reason why I'm excited for The Witness. Great artstyle and the core concept seems really interesting. Exploring an island seems like the kind of game I can really like. Hotline Miami 2 because I really liked the first game. GTA V because I haven't played it yet and everybody says it's a pretty good game. I just hope it will be a good port. STFU looks cool too. Extra shout-out to Legend of Grimrock 2.

anyone knows of a safer way to add funds to your steam wallet using the $6 M&M promo without Steam Locking you out of the Market for a Week? -__-

PayPal?

JaseC

Try adding the card to your PayPal account, although this will only work if you'd used PayPal to buy something from the store in the past.

JaseC

Nothing concrete yet. Will spend time with his family and announce it "when it's ready".

Hopefully his project doesn't take several years. "I left Blizzard... only to make a game that took just as long as a Blizzard project. :p

Yrael

Are Steam keys like Witcher 3 region free? Do they always remain so, or can they be retroactively region locked? (Pardon me if this is a silly question!)

Halo 2

Banned
Are Steam keys like Witcher 3 region free? Do they always remain so, or can they be retroactively region locked? (Pardon me if this is a silly question!)

I think you will only run into a problem if you don't redeem it before any such change occurs.

pahamrick

As far as I know, as long as the game has been redeemed it can't be retroactively region locked, but if the gift is sitting unclaimed in your inventory that can be locked.

JaseC

Yeah, currently the game is region-free. At this point, the only realistic option for region-locking is to disable cross-region gifting/trading, however this would only affect unused or new gift copies from South America, South-east Asia and Eastern Europe -- other territories would be unaffected and if you'd already added the game to your account then you'd also have nothing to worry about.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Some games have region specific subs, some are entirely region free. I think they can be region locked retrospectively but if you've activated it already you won't lose it.

JaseC

As far as I know, as long as the game has been redeemed it can't be retroactively region locked, but if the gift is sitting unclaimed in your inventory that can be locked.

Technically, it could be retroactively region-locked at the runtime level, however this isn't a realistic approach as such a move would impact those who genuinely received the game as a gift. Even Ubisoft was forced to remove the retroactive runtime-level region-lock on Black Flag, although to say it took a bit of doing would be something of an understatement.

pahamrick

Technically, it could be retroactively region-locked at the runtime level, however this isn't a realistic approach as such a move would impact those who genuinely received the game as a gift. Even Ubisoft was forced to remove the retroactive runtime-level region-lock on Black Flag, although to say it took a bit of doing would be something of an understatement.

Why am I not surprised that Ubisoft was the one to pull that? Thanks for the new info though, didn't know that.

liezryou

Browsing /r/sgs -> sees a trade offering dayZ for 12 tf2 keys -> dammit trade is closed -> adds trader in case, notices its a GAFfer

WHY GAF WHY? Why u give such awesome deals to random strangers instead of me? WHYYYY

Chariot

Browsing /r/sgs -> sees a trade offering dayZ for 12 tf2 keys -> dammit trade is closed -> adds trader in case, notices its a GAFfer

WHY GAF WHY? Why u give such awesome deals to random strangers instead of me? WHYYYY
This traitor. Was he from B/S/T?

JaseC

Why am I not surprised that Ubisoft was the one to pull that? Thanks for the new info though, didn't know that.

The entire situation took a good few weeks for Ubisoft to sort out. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when the matter was being discussed internally -- I imagine there would have been strong opposition to removing the IP restriction.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any news as to the unresponsiveness of steamtrades.com? I was thinking about picking up an AMD key. Gaveaway my other one.

JaseC

Is there any news as to the unresponsiveness of steamtrades.com?

In my experience, the site has periods of suspended animation on a regular basis, some more prolonged than others and to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever explained why the site was down. Steam Trades' lack of reliability is what ultimately lead me to discover TF2 Outpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom