• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Get back to me when there's an Alpaca Simulator with Flappy Alpaca in it, until then I hope you only talk about those stupid things while I'm asleep. Goats are still the real GOATs.

FUUUUU
Yesterday I got to seven.
SEVEN FFS when I hit something I shouted like my PC exploded and immediately after I thought of asking you where you live, book a fucking ryanair, bring my laptop to you, let you earn the flappy goat achiev and finally go back to live my life again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jVgIBbpGSdvBl.png

lol

Arthea

I have many thoughts on many games.

Haven't played Spate yet, but Miasmata. Do you want a survival game on an island? Since this is a pretty good one. You have a disease you need to create temporary cures for to prolong, and can navigate the island, but it's tricky as it's lush, layered, and easy to get lost in. They pay attention to a lot of small things, and makes things more interesting because of it. Like the effects the environment has on your character or how you slow down a bit and come to a stop when you stop running as you need to stop your momentum.

I'd call it a good island survivor simulator, if that's what you want to play. It's horror element is a bit underplayed, but it can be tense to walk around at night or to have to think fast as you're chased by something. I'd say more suspense than horrifying. The story has some good hidden depth into it as it slowly reveals itself over the course of the game, and I'd say is enjoyable.
Thanks a lot, Dusk, that was very helpful.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
jVgIBbpGSdvBl.png

Awesome and awesome. Are we getting the PS2 graphics too?

Made a few changes, but thank you very much! Alpa it is for me for now.

And I hope so, to be seen though. PS2 graphics are much better, hope the request is heard and it goes through.

Anteater

Tektonic

C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Slak Games\MechanicEscape\MechanicEscapeSave.slk

delete it, and your progress is gone. Might want to tell GSM :)

derExperte

FUUUUU
Yesterday I got to seven.
SEVEN FFS when I hit something I shouted like my PC exploded and immediately after I thought of asking you where you live, book a fucking ryanair, bring my laptop to you, let you earn the flappy goat achiev and finally go back to live my life again.

It's not like I consistently made it to 10 and I don't even know if I still can do it. Shit's hard work and in my age reflexes degrade day by day. Though you could always give me your Steam login, send a few boxes of fine Italian wine and I'll see what I can do.

aku:jiki

Then I said that comparing books to music and equating that to VNs and games isn't right. Books and music don't have anything to do with each other (and no one, in the whole history of the known universe, said they did), while VNs can (and in fact are) be catalogued as a genre of video games.
My point, as mentioned, was that people are lazy and refer to any sort of digital entertainment experience as a game. That doesn't make them right from any logical point of view. The most clear example I can recall is that downloadable old tech demo for PS3, don't remember the name, that was just a camera panning through weird environments. Sometimes you could press a button to go to an alternate environment. That was it. In no way is that a game, but all the gaming sites covered it and GAF discussed it. That still doesn't make it a game and anyone who lazily calls it a game is simply wrong.

My point is that it's fine to label the above example a digital art project, and VNs can just be VNs. They don't have to be a subcategory of games just because they're a digital entertainment experience. It's actually more than fine, it's clearer and more productive for everyone.

And saying "It doesn't make sense and is disappointing when you wanted to discuss the actual subject of the [Steam] thread" makes no sense when there are VNs on Steam.
I thought about including that argument but then I realized that we're on the gaming forum of a site previously named "gaming-age"; that the content should be related to gaming is quite obviously implied. I mean, there's even budgeting software on Steam. We talk about that one too, but I think we all recognize that it doesn't really belong here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll never forgive the GSM developers for adding AssCreed LibHD to the program's database even though the only entry it had pertained to the game's config file. :( If your program is named GameSave Manager, perhaps you shouldn't add a game to the database until you have its save file location.

Good day Skyfireblaze, Morning here, but regardless.

Thank you Dusk Golem,a good morning to you! I just realized that this thread totally changed my posting habits, I had around 2000 posts before the summer sale thread and now that I'm here I already have 2140 in a matter of days...o.o

Dusk Golem

Thank you Dusk Golem,a good morning to you! I just realized that this thread totally changed my posting habits, I had around 2000 posts before the summer sale thread and now that I'm here I already have 2140 in a matter of days...o.o

This thread will do it, it's a nice community of people, all pretty welcoming and kind, and there's a lot of general interests and discussions and it's easy enough to take part in a discussion or start one that it's enjoyable to post in, and fun to read as well.

I'm not ego-stroking, but SteamGAF is one of my favorite parts of GAF.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This thread will do it, it's a nice community of people, all pretty welcoming and kind, and there's a lot of general interests and discussions and it's easy enough to take part in a discussion or start one that it's enjoyable to post in, and fun to read as well.

you can stroke my ego anytime Dusk

wait...what?

Dingotech

I'll never forgive the GSM developers for adding AssCreed LibHD to the program's database even though the only entry it had pertained to the game's config file. :( If your program is named GameSave Manager, perhaps you shouldn't add a game to the database until you have its save file location.

Harsh! They have seen me through two PC formats so far and I love their work!

Tektonic

is it wrong to idle for cards, to make money, so i can buy bad rats cards, so i can have a bad rats badge adorn my steam profile?

is it?

Hugstable

Banned

Yup, my post count really flew up once I started posting recently. I think I started the Sale thread with like 1500 posts and now I'm already almost at 2000 just from 3 different topics -_-

Dusk Golem

is it wrong to idle for cards, to make money, so i can buy bad rats cards, so i can have a bad rats badge adorn my steam profile?

is it?

Nope, that's called beneficial strategizing.

Edit: Dang it, I was posting to this separately in hopes that someone would post before I could post again. Now we have double Alpa Face.

yGray

Banned
wowwwww STEAM fucked up BIG TIME.

They listed The Witcher 2 first, then The Witcher 3, then The Witcher on my games list. so fucked up. Fix this Valve.

glaurung

wowwwww STEAM fucked up BIG TIME.

They listed The Witcher 2 first, then The Witcher 3, then The Witcher on my games list. so fucked up. Fix this Valve.
There are many instances of this, especially with sequels. I think even the Saints Row games are listed on god knows what order.

Valve won't be fixing this, the developers set the game titles for catalog.

I don't think you are, SteamGAF quickly becomes one of my favorite parts aswell! :) It's exactly as you said there are so many diverse and interesting discussions here that it's easy to take part. Whenever I'm in most other GAF topics, all that I could have added to the discussion is most of the time often already said so I don't post unless I have something to add or I'm excited about something :p

Yup, my post count really flew up once I started posting recently. I think I started the Sale thread with like 1500 posts and now I'm already almost at 2000 just from 3 different topics -_-

Well looks like we had similar happenings, I mean if it's fun and meaningful to post, why not do it? :D

To you as well, looks like it's going to be a fine morning over here. How about yourself?

Thanks and I'm glad! Seems to be a great day so far, it's really sunny and Germany is playing later so it ought to be a fun day :)

Morning guys, how is everyone doing? Im doing great

I'm doing fine too, thanks! :D

Turfster

How'd everything go?

It was just the CT scan, which is relatively painless and quick.
Should have the results early next week, hopefully.

There are many instances of this, especially with sequels. I think even the Saints Row games are listed on god knows what order.

Valve won't be fixing this, the developers set the game titles for catalog.

They're actually adding "SortAs" keys to their database, so they are fixing it.
God knows when it'll go live, tho ;)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

How is your hand feeling otherwise? Can you articulate it or is it still necessary to keep it static?

Aww I just realised Dunder had deleted me from his friends....

lol he must deal with tonnes of people so fair enough!

Don't take it personally. He needs the space to trade.

Hugstable

Banned
I don't think you are, SteamGAF quickly becomes one of my favorite parts aswell! :) It's exactly as you said there are so many diverse and interesting discussions here that it's easy to take part. Whenever I'm in most other GAF topics, all that I could have added to the discussion is most of the time often already said so I don't post unless I have something to add or I'm excited about something :p

Well looks like we had similar happenings, I mean if it's fun and meaningful to post, why not do it? :D

Yup I like it alot here since it's pretty much Steam general and I can go off and pretty much just talk about the current games I'm playing on Steam, and the best part is alot of people usually played it as well so it usually starts converstation whether it's hints or whatever. Speaking of which I gotta give Astebreed's final boss another shot today, plus another day of failing at Dark SOuls.

Rhaknar

They're actually adding "sortas" keys to their database, so they are fixing it.
God knows when it'll go live, tho ;)

was it a CT scan of your arm / hand?

Copons

It's not like I consistently made it to 10 and I don't even know if I still can do it. Shit's hard work and in my age reflexes degrade day by day. Though you could always give me your Steam login, send a few boxes of fine Italian wine and I'll see what I can do.

I can send you a bag of Haribo gummy bears half empty if you get me at least to 9, then from there I should be able to carry on by myself.

Rhaknar

It's slightly better, but at least it's not getting worse, I guess?
I can actually use my fingers now, just still got to be careful with my wrist.

Neck and spine, looking for herniated discs and whatnot.

hmmm ok as long as this doesnt happen youre fine

tumblr_m08jplY2y11rqzfqho1_1280.gif

if it does, well... we're all fucked :/

<3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Harsh! They have seen me through two PC formats so far and I love their work!

Harsh but fair! It was a pretty egregious oversight, although admittedly, since the LibHD save was the one I was particularly concerned about, I should have double-checked.

Yup I like it alot here since it's pretty much Steam general and I can go off and pretty much just talk about the current games I'm playing on Steam, and the best part is alot of people usually played it as well so it usually starts converstation whether it's hints or whatever. Speaking of which I gotta give Astebreed's final boss another shot today, plus another day of failing at Dark SOuls.

Yeah that too, I often have quite a few things I would like to talk about on GAF but it usually doesn't warrant a new thread nor does it really find in the "Stupid questions" thread so this thread really is godsent for general PC gaming and Steam things and whatnot and it's easy to start a conversation, I agree :) And I see, good luck with Astebreed! I don't want to play it before I finally get going working on the OT... Also which Dark Souls are you playing, I or II?

hmmm ok as long as this doesnt happen youre fine

tumblr_m08jplY2y11rqzfqho1_1280.gif

if it does, well... we're all fucked :/

<3

What is happening here...?

yGray

Banned
I'm on the last two levels of Shovel Knight.

I have about 6 hours played. Let me ask you guys this. Do you still take your time in games? Sometimes I will purposely only play an hour a day (maybe more) but i will never burn through story content. i like to get as much value as I can. The reason why I ask is because I saw people beating that shit or getting in 11+ hours in 3 days after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom