• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

hmmm ok as long as this doesnt happen youre fine

tumblr_m08jplY2y11rqzfqho1_1280.gif

if it does, well... we're all fucked :/

<3

Silly Rhaknar, Anime's are not for kids.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is happening here...?

Tetsuo about to wreck some shit. How have you never seen Akira, I dont even care if you like or dislike anime o_O

Silly Rhaknar, Anime's are not for kids.

this one sure isnt. I still have emotional scars of watching it for the first time and being in shock when he
accidentaly squished his girlfriend :/

yGray

Banned
Yeah that too, I often have quite a few things I would like to talk about on GAF but it usually doesn't warrant a new thread nor does it really find in the "Stupid questions" thread so this thread really is godsent for general PC gaming and Steam things and whatnot and it's easy to start a conversation, I agree :) And I see, good luck with Astebreed! I don't want to play it before I finally get going working on the OT... Also which Dark Souls are you playing, I or II?

It's from the GOAT anime movie Akira. That dude is named Tetsuo and he was changed after a literal run in with a psychic boy who ages too fast.

Basically Tetsuo is losing control because he was also granted psychic abilities.

Trejik

Put in ma preorders for Gods Will Have Their Eyes On You But Not Intently and Abyss Odyssey.

Now I just need money for Divinity, and I will be SET FOR SUMMER. (Thanks to backlog, Diablo III PS4 and Last of Us PS4.

Strider

There are many instances of this, especially with sequels. I think even the Saints Row games are listed on god knows what order.

Valve won't be fixing this, the developers set the game titles for catalog.

Yep. I picked up the Saints Row collection and it's out of order in my library :(

I wish I could change the order myself.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's slightly better, but at least it's not getting worse, I guess?
I can actually use my fingers now, just still got to be careful with my wrist.

Neck and spine, looking for herniated discs and whatnot.

Well, its not the best development, but it's good that your beginning to recover.:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The one game you're playing and they miss it, go after them hard JaseC! :p

I wouldn't go that far. ;) I honestly don't know if I'll bother starting the game again, though -- Ubi neutered the one interesting element of the game (dresses) by making certain ones mandatory in missions instead of leaving it up to player interpretation. Overall, the game just feels like a smaller, barren AssCreed 3 (just replace the frontier with a swamp).

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah that too, I often have quite a few things I would like to talk about on GAF but it usually doesn't warrant a new thread nor does it really find in the "Stupid questions" thread so this thread really is godsent for general PC gaming and Steam things and whatnot and it's easy to start a conversation, I agree :) And I see, good luck with Astebreed! I don't want to play it before I finally get going working on the OT... Also which Dark Souls are you playing, I or II?

Playing Dark Souls 1 at the momenet. O&S in Anor Londo have been whooping my ass since yesterday.

And that .gif is from Akira, crazy ass movie.
whoa wtf is that, I must watch it

Corpse Party on PSP I believe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Corpse Party is coming to steam? o_O Megaton right there, is this old news lol?

just the first or the sequel also Dusk?

Ibuki

Banned
I fucking love corpse party. I was playing book of shadows and there is nothing I know of that is like it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Corpse Party is coming to steam? o_O Megaton right there, is this old news lol?

Yup, the original PC version of Corpse Party is being brought over to Steam this Fall, was announced right before E3. It's a bit different than the PSP version, the art isn't updated, but then the original PC version doesn't cut the more disturbing art out of the game and has an additional chapter the PSP version didn't have. And the PC version had more music in it, like the song that plays in the trailer (which was not in the PSP version).

Jadax

Playing Dark Souls 1 at the momenet. O&S in Anor Londo have been whooping my ass since yesterday.

Enjoy Anor Londo, imo one of the best places in the game.

And O&S is ez. I killed the thin one first, and fatty went super-saiyen, but I just ran around his butt-stomps.

Arthea

I wouldn't expect much in the way of great deals considering GMG's own Summer Sale was just a few weeks ago.

all I need is good discount on South Park from them, better than we had on steam, or the same discount but 20% coupon that works with playfire credit.
That's not too much to ask for, I hope.

Ibuki

Banned
Yup, the original PC version of Corpse Party is being brought over to Steam this Fall, was announced right before E3. It's a bit different than the PSP version, the art isn't updated, but then the original PC version doesn't cut the more disturbing art out of the game and has an additional chapter the PC version didn't have. And the PC version had more music in it, like the song that plays in the trailer (which was not in the PSP version).

That song is amazing. It fits so well. I hope Corpse Party is done sooner rather than later. Or Trails but I'm not sure if one is delaying the other in any way.

JaseC

all I need is good discount on South Park from them, better than we had on steam, or the same discount but 20% coupon that works with playfire credit.
That's not too much to ask for, I hope.

My guess: 33% off and a -20% credit-disabling code to throw on top.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, trust me when I say this, the GIF I posted is one of the least gruesome things from the Corpse Party OVA, it works as a reaction GIF and I wanted to spare you from some more of the graphic scenes.

Excited for the original Corpse Party: Blood Covered to be coming to Steam, though. Also hope that means in the future when more episodes are out, Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient will be translated and brought to Steam.

That song is amazing. It fits so well. I hope Corpse Party is done sooner rather than later. Or Trails but I'm not sure if one is delaying the other in any way.

I think Trails and the Steam release will happen around the same time. It's the sequel, Dead Patient, which likely won't be hitting Stateside for a long time. Only the first episode is out in Japan, and that's being redone as we speak. Likely won't hit internationally for another couple years at this rate.

Rhaknar

Yup, the original PC version of Corpse Party is being brought over to Steam this Fall, was announced right before E3. It's a bit different than the PSP version, the art isn't updated, but then the original PC version doesn't cut the more disturbing art out of the game and has an additional chapter the PC version didn't have. And the PC version had more music in it, like the song that plays in the trailer (which was not in the PSP version).

Stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

im so happy right now. Had no idea, I loved what I played on the psp (well, Vita)

Hugstable

Banned

Oh hella down. I only played up to 3rd Chapter of Corpse Party as I was always taking a game blind and ending up in bad endings. I think I'm actually more excited now to play this on my monitor than the smaller handheld screen, even if it's just 16 bit sprites haha

Ibuki

Banned
Oh hella down. I only played up to 3rd Chapter of Corpse Party as I was always taking a game blind and ending up in bad endings. I think I'm actually more excited now to play this on my monitor than the smaller handheld screen, even if it's just 16 bit sprites haha

Everything is so detailed and vivid with the characters reactions and explanations that even with the sprites the way they are it's still horrifying, and I love every minute of it. :p

Tetsuo about to wreck some shit. How have you never seen Akira, I dont even care if you like or dislike anime o_O

this one sure isnt. I still have emotional scars of watching it for the first time and being in shock when he
accidentaly squished his girlfriend :/

Holy that's something... D: I can imagine how this can be shocking, heck I'm still sad about this one episode of the anime Kanon... or that certain character in Gundam 00... I'm a big anime fan in general and mostly watch anime and play JRPGs but I admit I never watched Akira yet, I know it's a glaring omission I should fix sometimes...

It's from the GOAT anime movie Akira. That dude is named Tetsuo and he was changed after a literal run in with a psychic boy who ages too fast.

Basically Tetsuo is losing control because he was also granted psychic abilities.

And that .gif is from Akira, crazy ass movie.

Oh dear alright looks like I shouldn't watch Akira by myself...

And ugh, I really hope you manage, that was easily the hardest part of the game for me D: Now I regret starting this NG+, so many people started DS and have trouble in Anor Londo, I would like to help but I'm stuck in Firelink with no teleport ability... =_=

Rhaknar

edit: nvm that bundle is old as shit and im an idiot

Hugstable

Banned
Holy that's something... D: I can imagine how this can be shocking, heck I'm still sad about this one episode of the anime Kanon... or that certain character in Gundam 00... I'm a big anime fan in general and mostly watch anime and play JRPGs but I admit I never watched Akira yet, I know it's a glaring omission I should fix sometimes...

Oh dear alright looks like I shouldn't watch Akira by myself...

And ugh, I really hope you manage, that was easily the hardest part of the game for me D: Now I regret starting this NG+, so many people started DS and have trouble in Anor Londo, I would like to help but I'm stuck in Firelink with no teleport ability... =_=

I should be fine, I've overcome alot so far in this game, and I've been progressing in the fight with each attempt, so I know I'll get them sooner or later. :D

Everything is so detailed and vivid with the characters reactions and explanations that even with the sprites the way they are it's still horrifying, and I love every minute of it. :p

That sound design is top notch also and just makes the game that much creepier.

This is just start. IF Japan get the word about Steam finally we will have all those amazing LN and games over here.

Oh god... I can only dream that would be so awesome :eek:

I should be fine, I've overcome alot so far in this game, and I've been progressing in the fight with each attempt, so I know I'll get them sooner or later. :D

Alright! That's the right attitude for Dark Souls, go and show them! :D It's really satisfying to overcome things in Dark Souls, even if you don't get that much stronger by EXP I always felt like my own abilities to play the game increased with every challenge overcome!

And ugh a thunderstorm comes up and I still have a errant to do, brb if anyone replies to me above!

Rhaknar

Gamersgate is doing a Telltale sale.
80% off almost everything, except for TWD2 (50%) and TWAU (66%)
(Not everything is a Steam key)

The Walking Dead: Season Two:
NOTICE: This game is delivered as a Telltale Games redemption code. Customers will require a free Telltale Games account to play. Can't be redeemed on Steam!

JaseC

Gamersgate is doing a Telltale sale.
80% off almost everything, except for TWD2 (50%) and TWAU (66%)

It should be noted that only the Poker Night games and The Walking Dead S01/400 Days are Steam keys. That's GamersGate for you.

Momentary

Banned
I was playing Skullgirlz for the better part of last night, which I believe lead me to dream about playing VF5FS on Steam. I woke up and quickly became disappointed. My wife could see how grumpy I was when we were making breakfast and I told her why. She told me that I have problems.

Ibuki

Banned
The Walking Dead: Season Two:
NOTICE: This game is delivered as a Telltale Games redemption code. Customers will require a free Telltale Games account to play. Can't be redeemed on Steam!

I originally pre-ordered from Telltale's site. I regret it because I don't have it on Steam. They did offer a boxed copy at the end of Episode 5 for the cost of shipping which was my main reason for going through them.

JaseC

I originally pre-ordered from Telltale's site. I regret it because I don't have it on Steam. They did offer a boxed copy at the end of Episode 5 for the cost of shipping which was my main reason for going through them.

Ew. :p

Ibuki

Banned
I was playing Skullgirlz for the better part of last night, which I believe lead me to dream about playing VF5FS on Steam. I woke up and quickly became disappointed. My wife could see how grumpy I was when we were making breakfast and I told her why. She told me that I have problems.

If that is your worst thing that happened I'd call it a pretty good dream. I had a dream that my dog died the other night, it was traumatizing. At least I got to wake up and he was still all happy and licking you like usual.

Yes, I know. I regretted it big time. At least I can play the game it's just shitty having a random game with no client and I'm sure it has some sort of shitty DRM.

aku:jiki

Yeah, I thought the games seemed familiar, then I noticed the timer.
I couldn't decide if I had seen that exact bundle before or if I just thought I had because of all the bundle repeats. I'm still not sure, despite you guys confirming it.

I bought a boxed copy of Isaac after getting it on Steam. No ragrets!

And ugh a thunderstorm comes up and I still have a errant to do, brb if anyone replies to me above!
I really am in the Neopets chatroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom