• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Really looking forward to Rebirth. Loved BOI so much, been holding off playing it for ages now so that I get that fresh feeling going into the remake.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You don't get to 3,000 steam games without collecting a few boxed games doe.

Sure, that's why I added "without the express purpose of ..." ;) It's no secret that I have quite a few physical copies of Football Manager, haha.

I'm back from the hospital.
Do I want to know how things turned out last night?

Hope it went well dude

wowwwww STEAM fucked up BIG TIME.

They listed The Witcher 2 first, then The Witcher 3, then The Witcher on my games list. so fucked up. Fix this Valve.

lol.

Not up to Steam, it's a Publisher thing. Steam does need to let me rename my games though.

Good morning y'all, happy 4th of July :)

you too dude!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Whoops, bbcode doesn't like random enters. Fixed.
Also edited my post further. Sorry, Sub-Zero.
No need to be sorry :p It's Gamersgate's fault since they were obliged to state that the game is not using Steam activation. Same shit with Gamefly and other sellers, only GMG seems to be clear on such things

aku:jiki

That is different. Edmund is a god in the form of a man. I bought boxed Isaac, and boxed Super Meat Boy! Come on boxed Rebirth. ;)
Ooh, do you have the sweet giant SMB box with Meat Boy's face on the front? I really want that one but it appears to be so sold out you can't even find it on eBay anymore.

I wanted to buy both the Unholy and Most Unholy editions of Isaac but the first one appears to be just as gone as the SMB box. I'd like to get something Isaac-related from their store but it's is kind of strangely expensive considering Ed's pricing philosophy on games.

Ibuki

Banned
Ooh, do you have the sweet giant SMB box with Meat Boy's face on the front? I really want that one but it appears to be so sold out you can't even find it on eBay anymore.

I wanted to buy both the Unholy and Most Unholy editions of Isaac but the first one appears to be just as gone as the SMB box. I'd like to get something Isaac-related from their store but it's is kind of strangely expensive considering Ed's pricing philosophy on games.

I'd have to drag it out, I think it's in a box in my closet.

As for the Isaac figures (if that's what you are talking about) it's because Danielle (and I think here mom) actually hand make them, so they do cost a pretty penny. I want to get one myself, probably will once the Rebirth hype train leaves the station. By the way where is mah Mewgenics?!!

Arthea

No need to be sorry :p It's Gamersgate's fault since they were obliged to state that the game is not using Steam activation. Same shit with Gamefly and other sellers, only GMG seems to be clear on such things

actually gamersgate never omits to mention if a game is for steam or not, not even once I noticed them being unclear in that regard and I used them for years.
Also true that they don't bother acquiring steam keys for drm free games if available.

Does anyone actually want these Origin keys?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-208E27D2C7F55197 - Taken by eternaLightness. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-8663CB0113318987 - Taken by Sofa King. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-F4545A592B8AE3BE - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702

t1404483936z1.png

JaseC

Kind of OT, but there isn't a general GAF gaming thread. Was wondering why this thread was locked.

I'll admit that I don't care much but just didn't understand the reason, as plenty of threads are about listing things (such as the 16-bit cityscapes, or the most swole characters thread for example).

List threads are generally discouraged because even despite the best intentions they tend to devolve into single-line/image posts that forgo engaging in an actual discussion in favour of just addressing the thread title.

aku:jiki

I'm on a roll lately, just finished Betrayer. That's two out of my summer sale haul finished! Great stuff.
How long was it? I'm still undecided on my next game and that's one of the top candidates.

I'd have to drag it out, I think it's in a box in my closet.

As for the Isaac figures (if that's what you are talking about) it's because Danielle (and I think here mom) actually hand make them, so they do cost a pretty penny. I want to get one myself, probably will once the Rebirth hype train leaves the station. By the way where is mah Mewgenics?!!
Oh, I think you'd know. The regular edition is DVD case-sized, the big box is like a shoe box and it has a t-shirt in it (the famous one with just meat boy's face on a red shirt).

I know, I know, I just can't justify $40+shipping for a desk ornament.

Skyfireblaze said:
Did you remember to bring an umbrella lol? xD ;PPPPPPPPPP

JaseC

The page does state that Steam isn't used for activation. In the production description, the DRM is listed as "See bundled products" and in that section SecuROM is mentioned.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of OT, but there isn't a general GAF gaming thread. Was wondering why this thread was locked.

I'll admit that I don't care much but just didn't understand the reason, as plenty of threads are about listing things (such as the 16-bit cityscapes, or the most swole characters thread for example).

It might be the particular mod that saw it or it might be a new rule. You should PM a mod if you want clarification. :p

List threads are generally discouraged because even despite the best intentions they tend to devolve into single-line/image posts that forgo engaging in an actual discussion in favour of just addressing the thread title.

Also this.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
actually gamersgate never omits to mention if a game is for steam or not, not even once I noticed them being unclear in that regard and I used them for years.
Also true that they don't bother acquiring steam keys for drm free games if available.

Yeah, it was my fault as well. Should have done some further research but I was too stupid to take Steam activation as a default since it was my first time buying from them. Hopefully they will cooperate

The page does state that Steam isn't used for activation. In the production description, the DRM is listed as "See bundled products" and in that section SecuROM is mentioned.
Yeah, like I said I took Steam activation as a given. There are many games that use both Steam and Securom so I didn't really pay attention to that

Ibuki

Banned
Oh, I think you'd know. The regular edition is DVD case-sized, the big box is like a shoe box and it has a t-shirt in it (the famous one with just meat boy's face on a red shirt).

I know, I know, I just can't justify $40+shipping for a desk ornament.

I absolutely have the regular one then. I was just trying to find it and I was not successful. I know my Isaac and Meat Boy boxes are in the same box somewhere. Now it's driving me crazy. :p

I just picked up Abyss Odyssey, Always Sometimes Monsters, and Broforce. I think I'm going to grab Shadow Warrior off of Amazon. I've got a lot to do after work.

I was playing Skullgirlz for the better part of last night, which I believe lead me to dream about playing VF5FS on Steam. I woke up and quickly became disappointed. My wife could see how grumpy I was when we were making breakfast and I told her why. She told me that I have problems.

You're normal, we really need more fighting games on Steam.

Tizoc

Yeesh seems the PC ver. of Corpse Party will use the original art which just looks pretty weak compared to the art in the PSP ver.

Speaking of which...anyone else temped to shop this NSFW art
With Milamber's avy on the dude and Gaben on the TV screen?

JaseC

Yikes. I still don't get why you can't manually sort your game list

Valve may be working on this, actually:

Added sortas – Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Added sortas – Alien Breed 1: Impact
Added sortas – Assassin's Creed 2
Added sortas – Assassin's Creed 3
Added sortas – Assassin's Creed 4
Added sortas – Saints Row 3
Added sortas – Tomb Raider 1
Added sortas – Tomb Raider 2
Added sortas – Tomb Raider 5

As far as Google is aware, these are the only apps that have the flag and they were all added a week-and-a-half ago. It could be referring to many things but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a way for publishers to set a default custom name for the app.

JaseC

Ah, it seems I'm not the only one who couldn't think of a good account name when creating the steam account :D

Haha, yeah, all of the ones that came to mind were taken and I eventually entered "nofuckingidea" out of frustration. I didn't expect it to actually go through!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom