• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
Just put on the metro skin.
Looks niiiice

Love that music that was playing.

46051153.jpg

Yes that image applies to both quotes. :)

Good day, people!
Garry's Mod
48.0 hrs last two weeks / 1,340 hrs on record
Almost all of that is my kids. They also let it idle way to many times... many times before school and I don't notice until after school they let it idle.. but still...
They also have this achievement:
gmoddose3.png
That's quite some time your kids played it! Got it during sale but what do actually do in Gmod?
Is it like sandbox minecraft game or more like easy level/game editor? There are so many intricate mods made with it, No More Room In Hell, TTT etc.

It's slightly better, but at least it's not getting worse, I guess?
I can actually use my fingers now, just still got to be careful with my wrist.
Neck and spine, looking for herniated discs and whatnot.
Wish you a smooth recovery man. Wouldn't you have felt a prolapsed disc though when it happened? A relative had pain moving his hand/fingers and it turned out to be tendonitis. You being a programmer, it's a possibility.

MMBosstones86 is pulling your leg, there were plenty of Origin keys given away in steam threads.

more or less.

But those are all from the EA bundle, which means most people have them. I think someone tried to give them away before the sale and only a few got taken.

more or less.

But those are all from the EA bundle, which means most people have them. I think someone tried to give them away before the sale and only a few got taken.

I kind of expected as much, but worth a shot. It looks like someone at least wanted Populous from the BTA tier, so that's more use than they were getting so far.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeesh seems the PC ver. of Corpse Party will use the original art which just looks pretty weak compared to the art in the PSP ver.

Speaking of which...anyone else temped to shop this NSFW art
With Milamber's avy on the dude and Gaben on the TV screen?

Yup, the art was updated for the PSP release as Corpse Party did better than expected and got a budget after the remake.

The version coming to Steam is the PC original (or rather, PC remake original, as the original Corpse Party was a 1996 RPG Maker game). For those curious of the pros and cons and differences between the PC version and PSP version of Corpse Party, it works like this:

-The PSP version had updated artwork, so it does look prettier and somewhat different visually.
-The PC version had a larger soundtrack, partially for memory and copyright. There were cut songs from the PSP version that will be in the PC version.
-The PSP version and PC version have completely different vocal casts. The PSP version uses professional actors (which are the actors in all current Corpse Party media right now for the characters), while the original PC version had indie voice actors. There's not really a 'better' here though, it's often argued and debated if the original PC actors or the PSP version and later actors are better.
-The PC version has more gruesome scenes that were cut from the PSP version (which would of had problems with ratings).
-The PC version has an additional chapter the PSP version does not have, though notably this chapter was re-added into Book of Shadows but changed around to fit with BoS story. But it's different from the BoS version, and was cut from the PSP version.
-The PC version of the game is being re-translated for English release, partially as the dialogue had various changes between both versions

There's a few other minor differences, but they're hardly noticeable.

The art and voice difference will probably be the most jarring if you played the original, but also part of the fun.

For comparison (left is the PC version, right is the PSP version):

ind-1-pc.jpg
ind-1-psp.jpg

ind-2-pc.jpg
ind-2-psp.jpg

ind-3-pc.jpg
ind-3-psp.jpg

ind-4-pc.jpg
ind-4-psp.jpg

ind-5-pc.jpg
ind-5-psp.jpg

ind-6-pc.jpg
ind-6-psp.jpg

ind-7-pc.jpg
ind-7-psp.jpg

ind-8-pc.jpg
ind-8-psp.jpg

ind-9-pc.jpg
ind-9-psp.jpg

ind-10-pc.jpg
ind-10-psp.jpg

ind-11-pc.jpg
ind-11-psp.jpg

Jawmuncher

I'm more curious if we're going to get corpse party 2. Since for NA all we got was the PSP remake and the Visual Novel right?

edit: the old artwork isn't bad but those girls kinda look like aliens.

Turfster

Wish you a smooth recovery man. Wouldn't you have felt a prolapsed disc though when it happened? A relative had pain moving his hand/fingers and it turned out to be tendonitis. You being a programmer, it's a possibility.

Yeah, they basically started with that, then when there was no noticeable difference after 2 weeks of medication, jumped to the 'worst' case scenario test. Apparently, even tiny slippage can be enough to cause this. (I'm not a doctor, so I listen to the people that studied this stuff for years)
Should know more next week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I tend to leave when the content gets unbearable. Like when everyone started posting the Alpaca images and GIFs.

If I stay I usually turn off images so I can avoid the innumerable images, and quoting, that follows.
You know, this is actually the kind of stuff you can complain about, because it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the thread and can be seen as NSFW, which would be dangerous when browsing the thread at work (I know, you shouldn't browse GAF at work and all that, but that doesn't matter).

My point, as mentioned, was that people are lazy and refer to any sort of digital entertainment experience as a game. That doesn't make them right from any logical point of view. The most clear example I can recall is that downloadable old tech demo for PS3, don't remember the name, that was just a camera panning through weird environments. Sometimes you could press a button to go to an alternate environment. That was it. In no way is that a game, but all the gaming sites covered it and GAF discussed it. That still doesn't make it a game and anyone who lazily calls it a game is simply wrong.

My point is that it's fine to label the above example a digital art project, and VNs can just be VNs. They don't have to be a subcategory of games just because they're a digital entertainment experience. It's actually more than fine, it's clearer and more productive for everyone.
At this point we're arguing semantics. They may be games, they may be not. People here treat them as the same thing. What's the problem?

Is Duchamp's urinal art? Who the hell knows? And who the hell cares? It was exhibited in several museums, so it's only fair that art magazines and such talk about it. Same deal here, this thread covers Steam threads (and software too, why not?), so there's no reason to avoid talking about VNs.

I thought about including that argument but then I realized that we're on the gaming forum of a site previously named "gaming-age"; that the content should be related to gaming is quite obviously implied. I mean, there's even budgeting software on Steam. We talk about that one too, but I think we all recognize that it doesn't really belong here.
Nah, if it's on Steam then to me it's fair game. Hell, we always talk about cards even though they are something meta.

Ibuki

Banned
You know, this is actually the kind of stuff you can complain about, because it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the thread and can be seen as NSFW, which would be dangerous when browsing the thread at work (I know, you shouldn't browse GAF at work and all that, but that doesn't matter).

Your work place isn't alpaca friendly? I mean come on that should be a requirement.

Pachimari

Wow I give up keeping up with this thread.

But there's a chance the seller I'm talking with will accept my 60 key offer in the coming days for Mafia 1.

Arthea

wait what? it helps people to work, makes it less boring and in general keeps people entrained and mind sound, the proper way to browse gaf is at work!
especially steam threads, as these are safe, for the most part, until someone gets urge to post NSFW pics like there is no tomorrow.

As someone who played SNES and PnP Shadowrun, Shadowrun Returns is checking all the boxes. They really nailed the universe. The story is pretty shit (which I guess is improved in the DLC), but really enjoying the gameplay.

Starting as a Decker was a bad idea though. Looks like The Matrix is a small part of the actual game compared to gunplay. Oh well.

Dragonfall is moving up the wishlist!

He had his named changed to Dr. Squid and requested a ban.

Hope everything is going well with him...I know he was going through some shit.

I'm more curious if we're going to get corpse party 2. Since for NA all we got was the PSP remake and the Visual Novel right?

those eyes man. Are fucking creepy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Right now in America, the original (remake) is out on PSP, and the sequel to the remake, Book of Shadows. However, the original indie Corpse Party PC is coming to Steam this Fall (as we're discussing), and Corpse Party: BloodDrive releases in America in less than three weeks from now. It's a sequel to Book of Shadows, and the final entry in the first Corpse Party's 'saga', the 'Heavenly Host Elementary School Saga'.

The only Corpse Party that hasn't had any word for English release is this spin-off:

2U.jpg

Corpse Party -THE ANTHOLOGY- Sachiko's Game of Love ♥ Hysteric Birthday 2U

It's a romance-comedy non-canon spin-off that's more of a joke game than anything, and not coming to the US because it would get an AO rating in America.

----

Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient has no 'official' word, but XSEED have shown they're interested in bringing it over when it's completed, but as it's releasing episodically in Japan and only one episode is out so far (and that first episode is actually being redone in a new engine right now), we probably won't see it Stateside for another 2-3 years. But if (and when) it comes over, it likely will come to Steam as it's a PC release.

10-noscale.jpg
6-noscale.jpg

tumblr_myh44e8Flm1rdu9woo1_1280.jpg
Kurumi.png

MUnited83

For you.
HuniePop is releasing on Steam uncut. I will leave it to your discretion to look for the relevant media if you wish.
I'm actually pretty sure that they said the non-Steam version will be the uncut version while the Steam one is cut. They did say it wasn't anything Valve forced on them and rather their own choice or something like that.
Sorry if I'm wrong or outdated on this.

kurahador

Oh well... guess the good ones are just PixelVision, Metro & Air sadly.

I wonder whatever happen to that colorful skins posted on reddit.

ViviOggi

Wow I give up keeping up with this thread.

But there's a chance the seller I'm talking with will accept my 60 key offer in the coming days for Mafia 1.
I had bought an inventory copy when it was on sale and activated it a few weeks before it got removed from Steam.

Haven't even played it, hurts too much

Jawmuncher

Right now in America, the original (remake) is out on PSP, and the sequel to the remake, Book of Shadows. However, Corpse Party: BloodDrive releases in America in less than three weeks from now. It's a sequel to Book of Shadows, and the final entry in the first Corpse Party's 'saga', the 'Heavenly Host Elementary School Saga'.

The only Corpse Party that hasn't had any word for English release is this spin-off:

2U.jpg

Corpse Party -THE ANTHOLOGY- Sachiko's Game of Love ♥ Hysteric Birthday 2U

It's a romance-comedy non-canon spin-off that's more of a joke game than anything, and not coming to the US because it would get an AO rating in America.

----

Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient has no 'official' word, but XSEED have shown they're interested in bringing it over when it's completed, but as it's releasing episodically in Japan and only one episode is out so far (and that first episode is actually being redone in a new engine right now), we probably won't see it Stateside for another 2-3 years. But if (and when) it comes over, it likely will come to Steam as it's a PC release.

10-noscale.jpg
6-noscale.jpg

tumblr_myh44e8Flm1rdu9woo1_1280.jpg
Kurumi.png

Ahhh ok. Thanks for this, didnt realize I was missing that many games. I'm pretty curious about that spinoff now though. I hope that's at least fan translated.

Pachimari

Cinders is pretty good!
I'll definitely try it out.

I had bought an inventory copy when it was on sale and activated it a few weeks before it got removed from Steam.

Haven't even played it, hurts too much
I just want it (because it's a great game) because my best friend worked for the team behind Mafia and I knew some things that went on behind the scenes so I feel like I'm close to those games somehow.

Do any of you know someone who sells cheap keys right now? I need 40 more keys.

Jawmuncher

I'm actually pretty sure that they said the non-Steam version will be the uncut version while the Steam one is cut. They did say it wasn't anything Valve forced on them and rather their own choice or something like that.

I wonder if it'll be like Lorn the amazon princess. Where playing the I uncensored version will be easily done with the steam version.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I only know about what was said around the time the first gameplay trailer was released. The developer said he was given clearance by Valve to publish the game uncensored. Unless something changed. I'm on mobile so I can't check right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom