• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

What was your experience with Betrayer?

I enjoyed it. The monochrome visual style really makes the game stand out and adds greatly to the rather unnerving, horror atmosphere they're going for. It's not a 'jump scare' game, which I appreciated, favouring far more subtle horror. The actual gameplay got a little repetitive, mostly consisting of finding a ghost and looking around the map to discover what they did, but it's a short enough game that that wasn't a huge problem. Combat wasn't a strong suit either, with the enemies mostly just running straight towards you, though I did enjoy using the colonial era weapons.

It's more style than substance really, but it's a damn stylish game, and the atmosphere is really quite special.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ind-11-pc.jpg
ind-11-psp.jpg

Best character ever.
Also, the only one who wasn't looking god awful in the original PC version.

Love him too, but I'm more of a Ayumi and Morishige type of person (he'd probably be my third favorite, though).

ind-6-psp.jpg
ind-5-psp.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder if it'll be like Lorn the amazon princess. Where playing the I uncensored version will be easily done with the steam version.

I only know about what was said around the time the first gameplay trailer was released. The developer said he was given clearance by Valve to publish the game uncensored. Unless something changed. I'm on mobile so I can't check right now.

Found this quote on their website.

Two Versions of HuniePop
A couple updates back I had said that there was only going to be one version of the game and it would be the same as the version that’s on Steam. This has officially changed. There will now be two versions of the game. They will be nearly identical in every way and while the Steam version definitely has some pretty explicit content in it, the non-Steam version… well, let’s just call it the “Steamy” version ;). If the ESRB were to rate each version they would probably get “M” and “AO” respectively. This is not something Valve or anybody else is making us do. This is just an internal choice that we feel is the right thing to do for HuniePop at this stage of development.

[...]I'm not a doctor, so I listen to the people that studied this stuff for years.[...]
Obviously they'd know better. Wish you the best and make more games dammit.

Thanks for Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers! Looks really interesting.

9LTCfSe.png

you're welcome
You are the best! There are a couple empty ones and boy do they distract. Just look!
iqr41KAXfKnZP.png

You don't have Dark Souls II installed, what sort of voodoo is this?
Haha, yeah. Been playing Battlefield 3 lately. Think about jumping to Bad Company 2 or BF2 though. Better performance.
Also, don't have Dark Souls 1 so maybe waiting is better idk?

Did you remember to bring an umbrella lol? xD ;PPPPPPPPPP

Hey now I don't want to be a walking Lightning rod D: Square Enix snagged them all anyways so more Lightning comes to them :p Okay that one was bad...

But naw when it rains I mostly only take a plastic bag with me to wrap my phone into it so it doesn't get wet.

Dusk Golem

Such a pity XSEED won't offer the PSP voice over. I'd gladly send additional $5 their way just for that.

I like to imagine this is to get every Corpse Party game out there to the West (that can), but also to test the waters to see how Corpse Party performs on PC. This said, while it'd be nice, I also welcome the differences and changes, and am just happy a version is coming to Steam. When it comes down to it, while there are differences, both are the same game and I'm happy more can experience the game/I can play it on Steam.

Hugstable

Banned
I like to imagine this is to get every Corpse Party game out there to the West (that can), but also to test the waters to see how Corpse Party performs on PC. This said, while it'd be nice, I also welcome the differences and changes, and am just happy a version is coming to Steam. When it comes down to it, while there are differences, both are the same game and I'm happy more can experience the game/I can play it on Steam.

Same, kinda excited to know it's coming to Steam now. Maybe this time I can finally get good endings amd beat it.

StAidan

I think you got that backward.

Anyway...anyone can recommend me other good skins? Bored with PixelVision already.
Air and Metro seems alot more fitting for Windows 8.

I use Air, though that's primarily for the fact that it doesn't show your Steam Wallet balance in the main window.

Jawmuncher

I hope the Dead Rising 3 DLC makes its way to the PC version.

10513396_793026750716625_4157806815763894138_n.jpg

I'll double dip for that instantly.

Seems you will have to buy it through Humble Bundle to get both versions.

Yeah definitely seems like they just want to try and get a bigger cut. Will keep an eye On it though.

Dusk Golem

I hope the Dead Rising 3 DLC makes its way to the PC version.

10513396_793026750716625_4157806815763894138_n.jpg

I'll double dip for that instantly.

I hope it does too, but it saying Xbox One Exclusive makes me have doubts.

And of course, my continued hope that Capcom will bring Dino Crisis to Steam. Maybe not would be the time to pester them now that the series is 15 years old?

MadGear

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477211

this may change your life. i spent the past couple months making sure there isn't one blank one in my 1120 game library, and i never even use grid view

Thanks for this. The only empty ones for me are non-steam games that i have added to my library (in my case Titanfall and Battlefield 3). But i also usually don't use grid view, but it actually is nice to know that it looks pretty :D

Jawmuncher

I hope it does too, but it saying Xbox One Exclusive makes me have doubts.

And of course, my continued hope that Capcom will bring Dino Crisis to Steam. Maybe not would be the time to pester them now that the series is 20 years old?

Well to be fair DR3 was a exclusive so maybe the DLC will just be released later. Could see it popping up with the summer sale next year or something.

I actually put a thread on ask capcom and the staff didn't even acknowledge it. Didn't even mention the anniversary on the homepage. Really would have though the success of FF7&8 would have pushed capcom to bring DC and Resident Evil. The PC ports can't be that hard to work with I'm sure.

Ibuki

Banned
It's like Capcom is trolling us with that DLC. They are all "yeah we know you love our old games, but best we can do is let you pay us to virtually cosplay as them."

Shadownet

Banned
Good morning, for now they are hiding. No alpacas so far at GS this morning though so I think you are safe. ;)

ZOClBtR.gif

This guy right here! Woke up to check my email. Got a copy of Transformers War of Cybertron sitting in my gift inventory. Proceeded to stream tears of joy.

Thank you so much man :D I'll enjoy the crap out of this. I got you from now on GameStop Bro!

Chariot

Payday 2 is weird. Somehow we made it though killing cartell heads protected by the FBI and deals with street gangs fine, but almost got wiped out just for robbing a small bank. :(

Shadownet

Banned
Payday 2 is weird. Somehow we made it though killing cartell heads protected by the FBI and deals with street gangs fine, but almost got wiped out just for robbing a small bank. :(

The endless waves of police officers and SWAT really pissed me off. Because sooner or later you will run out of ammo and they will just keep coming.

iosefe

ZOClBtR.gif

This guy right here! Woke up to check my email. Got a copy of Transformers War of Cybertron sitting in my gift inventory. Proceeded to stream tears of joy.

Thank you so much man :D I'll enjoy the crap out of this. I got you from now on GameStop Bro!

hey, we should play

Ibuki

Banned
ZOClBtR.gif

Only returning the love. I also got broforce this morning, we need to do Co op tonight if you aren't busy.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah that match right now was just ridiculous. So many Shields too for such a small bank. I have a new strategy or running in circles and spraying, hoping to kill them -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom