• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
The endless waves of police officers and SWAT really pissed me off. Because sooner or later you will run out of ammo and they will just keep coming.

That's why doing full stealth runs are so satisfying. Getting everyone down and tied, not having the cops called and getting out with all the loots is so satisfying.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm going to get on my computer right now. If anyone wanna play Broforce. Sound off! I need 3 more!

And Junko.... Of course we'll play tonight :) see you then.

Halo 2

Banned
Now steam can't find my metal gear rising save data.
Curse you game save manager!

You couldn't manage a ham sandwich!

EDIT: oh wow I just used the restore function and now i'm happy

Ibuki

Banned
I'm going to get on my computer right now. If anyone wanna play Broforce. Sound off! I need 3 more!

Who calls Gamestop before open on a fucking holiday? Totally off topic but Damn son at least wait until 10 to bug the fuck out of me. :(

wilflare

I've said this before, but Valve ought to make Steam Cloud mandatory going forward, especially since it requires no in-game integration like traditional Steamworks features.

YES. after using PlayStation+ for Saves, man I always get all confused and lost with my game saves on PC.

sigh and if only they make it easier to share Screenshots, Videos and Twitch.

easy as on PS4 Share button easy.

pahamrick

In case someone missed the free giveaway a week or so ago.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-F5186B413D828588

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah that match right now was just ridiculous. So many Shields too for such a small bank. I have a new strategy or running in circles and spraying, hoping to kill them -__-

When you try and break into the bank, goddamn civilians would call the popo if they see you from outside the windows. But if you shoot them you lose money... This game need a tranquilizer gun for those kind of moments. And its BS how you only have two handcuffs. You should be able to carry much more.

Idk the game is flawed as hell, really difficult if you're on the lower levels. But... Its the only bank robbing game out there worth playing so.. Ehhh.

Hugstable

Banned

I"ll be down to play, haven't played much, so I highly doubt I'm gonna know what to do besides blow shit up.

Ibuki

Banned
When you try and break into the bank, goddamn civilians would call the popo if they see you from outside the windows. But if you shoot them you lose money... This game need a tranquilizer gun for those kind of moments. And its BS how you only have two handcuffs. You should be able to carry much more.

Idk the game is flawed as hell, really difficult if you're on the lower levels. But... Its the only bank robbing game out there worth playing so.. Ehhh.

There is a perk for more hand ties. Also shooting the outside ones is like the only way to stealth the bank.

Ibuki

Banned
Everyone be Broforcein and I be working. Fucking job, fuck corporate America. Just kidding please don't mess with my paycheck uncle sam my dawg.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Payday 2 is weird. Somehow we made it though killing cartell heads protected by the FBI and deals with street gangs fine, but almost got wiped out just for robbing a small bank. :(

yeah, I know the feeling xD

lashman

Yeah that match right now was just ridiculous. So many Shields too for such a small bank. I have a new strategy or running in circles and spraying, hoping to kill them -__-

this game is just so goddamn difficult ; _ ;

Chariot

The endless waves of police officers and SWAT really pissed me off. Because sooner or later you will run out of ammo and they will just keep coming.
Yeah, ammo is a huge problem. I hope I advance faster in the skilltrees to have at least more medicbags.

Yeah, and then the snipers and crowds of SWATs in the sewers. I think goochy alone had 136 kills. They probably were sending approx. 300 men just to stop four people from robbing some junk.

Hmmmm. I wonder if steam users will have acess to the other version. Seems to me like a cheap way to try and get a bit more cash.

I had absolutely zero interest in this game until I saw this HuniePop Writing youtube clip (audio not worksafe)

and now I can't stop laughing

"What's wrong, did I hurt your whore feelings?"
"Whatever, ho. Why don't you just go get knocked up again!"

On the one hand, it's really awful. On the other hand, that's actually more realistic dialogue than 99% of the other games that are out there.

lashman

still - I'm pretty sure it's much better (as far as heist games go) than BF:H will ever be

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah, ammo is a huge problem. I hope I advance faster in the skilltrees to have at least more medicbags.

Yeah, and then the snipers and crowds of SWATs in the sewers. I think goochy alone had 136 kills. They probably were sending approx. 300 men just to stop four people from robbing some junk.

Oh god when gooch went down on the roof and I walked outside, I swear I had 4 laser sights just pointing right at me as I was climbing the ladder. Hell the Cartel and Meth missions had less cops.

JakeD

just noticed this

DDmNJwp.png

haha. awesome.

Seems like a waste of time to be honest.

totally. well not really. sometimes ill pop into grid view and scroll down for 20 minutes just to enjoy the prettiness

lashman

oh, the GO Bank ... yeah - I only finished that heist ONCE - it's freaking insanely difficult even on normal x _ x

Jawmuncher

I had absolutely zero interest in this game until I saw this HuniePop Writing youtube clip (audio not worksafe)

On the one hand, it's really awful. On the other hand, that's actually more realistic dialogue than 99% of the other games that are out there.

OH MAN I need this ASAP.

UncleBiz

this looks hilarious

Chariot

It's not flawed per se, only difficult. Makes the progress feel very nice. Some of the later skilltree stuff is insane.
INSPIRE
ACE: 8 points / $1,152,500

There is a 75% chance that you can revive crew members at a distance by shouting at them.
PISTOL MESSIAH
BASIC: 4 points / $576,500

While in bleedout, you are instantly revived if you kill an enemy with a pistol. You only have 1 charge. You will replenish your charge when you get out of custody.
IRON MAN

When you melee Shield enemies, they get knocked back by the sheer force.
CAMERA LOOP
BASIC: 4 points / $576,500

Interacting with a camera at close range will cause the camera to temporarily see a pre-recording for the next 10 seconds so you can sneak past it. Your crew can only loop 1 camera at a time.

Camera loop duration is increased by 10 seconds.

Oh god when gooch went down on the roof and I walked outside, I swear I had 4 laser sights just pointing right at me as I was climbing the ladder. Hell the Cartel and Meth missions had less cops.
Yeah, obviously this small bank is more important then crimes bosses. Also: i think I heard Bain saying that they were actually activating the military. God knows when the game adds actual tanks for the police just to fuck us more. :D

oh, the GO Bank ... yeah - I only finished that heist ONCE - it's freaking insanely difficult even on normal x _ x
Yeah, we were just crouching from room to room, everyone was in custody once or twice.
>.> It's cause i sucked, also those snipers...
No, you played actually decent. You were level 0 and had no special skills to help. So Gunning down our enemys and help us up was very much appreaciated.

ooh just installed my first ever skin on Steam after using the default for like 3 years(i forgot how long I been on steam), its steam air btw. I like its simple look. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Let it out buddy. I hope I don't have any today but odds are slim of having a normal day.

So this was on like a Saturday. I work in a mall, and we were supposed to close at 9:30. The gate was half close at 9:30 to signal that all customers must go to the checkout line now or leave. And no one else should come in. But nope. Goddamn people keep coming in and I couldn't stop them cause the moment I turn my back to help 5 more walks in. Then it was 9:40. I was like Omg.

I walked over to this Hispanic family that just walked in. I said

"hi is there anything I can help you find today ma'am? Unfortunately we're closing soon (when I fucking mean we should be closed 10 mins ago) so I would like to help you find what you need before it close."

She said "oh my son is looking for something." I turned to see a boy asking me if I have FIFA World Cup for PS3. I said I do. He asked if I have a copy out front. I said yes. He asked again if he could see it.

At that point I'm just thinking. Okay, if you know exactly which game you want, for the love of god just get it and go. For those of you who don't know. When someone say they wanna see something. That's another 10 mins for them to sit there and debate. And at 10 minutes passed closing time. We don't have that kind of time.

I told him. "Unfortunately we are closing right now. So if you want FIFA World Cup I can get it for you up front." The mom than said "Let's go guys" and she said under her breath. "Rude customers service"

They left, I was like... Okay? Damnn. Whatever. I gotta close and clean up. Me and my buddy the ASM are closing up and a phone call ring. I picked up and some lady demanded to speak to the manager. But the manager on duty is busy counting money but she still demanded it. I handed over. And for the next 10 mins. That woman bitched to him about my customer service skills. Then he had to hand me the phone and was like "Omg... I'm going to kill this bitch. She's messing with me on a damn Saturday.. Shadownet.. Just apologize to her and get this over it."

I tried putting on the most sincere apologize I can muster. Did it. she still wanted to talk to my manager again. He spent another 10 mins on the phone.

Finally she hung up and by that time it was like 10:10pm and we still barely did any cleaning. We spent the rest of the time bit ching about her. And oh guess this. She said she work in this mall and she shop here at GameStop a lot and never once had someone this rude before.

If you work in this mall. Then you should goddamn know not to come into a store when the gate is half closed and its 9:40. You should be goddamn more understanding than that. Yet you also have the nerve to call back and bitch about it.

Me and him didn't get out until 10:50pm when we should have gotten out an hour earlier.

Then I had to make a 3 hours drive to Ocean City Maryland. So yeah I was in a pissed off mood.

Okay, that's my rant for the century. I'm done. Sorry guys.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
While taking breaks from the brain-busting tedium of writing a thesis, I've been playing a bit of Shovel Knight. I actually like it a lot better than the Mega Man games it's clearly inspired by so far. The levels have been interesting and varied, constantly picking up tons of not particularly useful loot is scratching my number-incrementing itch. Boss fights are cool. It's funny. The music is great. The visuals are excellent. I've been raising the challenge level by destroying all of the checkpoints instead of using them as checkpoints, and so far I would say that's been pretty fruitful; relative to a Mega Man game I would say that Shovel Knight has easier enemy configurations and fewer insta-death spike situations, not to mention more generous health item stuff but more insta-death pit platforming situations.

One neat thing: I just played the graveyard level, which features screens where the lights are out and you're in pitch black, illuminated only by the occasional flash of lightning. In contrast to Mega Man, where black-out screens still have visible enemies, Shovel Knight blacks EVERYTHING out. Very tough, especially when you consider that by default you have no ranged offensive capabilities and if you choose to use the Fire Rod relic, you have a limited number of shots.

I especially like the Mario 3 Coin Ship and Zelda 2 side-scrolling segment random battles on the world map. Smart inspiration.

Seems like a waste of time to be honest.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is it a waste of time?

Terra_Ex

I totally forgot about this. So good.

I wouldn't let it bother you, some people are just like that.

pahamrick

So this was on like a Saturday. I work in a mall, and we were supposed to close at 9:30. The gate was half close at 9:30 to signal that all customers must go to the checkout line now or leave. And no one else should come in. But nope. Goddamn people keep coming in and I couldn't stop them cause the moment I turn my back to help 5 more walks in. Then it was 9:40. I was like Omg.

"hi is there anything I can help you find today ma'am? Unfortunately we're closing soon (when I fucking mean we should be closed 10 mins ago) so I would like to help you find what you need before it close."

She said "oh my son is looking for something." I turned to see a boy asking me if I have FIFA World Cup for PS3. I said I do. He asked if I have a copy out front. I said yes. He asked again if he could see it.

At that point I'm just thinking. Okay, if you know exactly which game you want, for the love of god just get it and go. For those of you who don't know. When someone say they wanna see something. That's another 10 mins for them to sit there and debate. And at 10 minutes passed closing time. We don't have that kind of time.

I told him. "Unfortunately we are closing right now. So if you want FIFA World Cup I can get it for you up front." The mom than said "Let's go guys" and she said under her breath. "Rude customers service"

They left, I was like... Okay? Damnn. Whatever. I gotta close and clean up. Me and my buddy the ASM are closing up and a phone call ring. I picked up and some lady demanded to speak to the manager. But the manager on duty is busy counting money but she still demanded it. I handed over. And for the next 10 mins. That woman bitched to him about my customer service skills. Then he had to hand me the phone and was like "Omg... I'm going to kill this bitch. She's messing with me on a damn Saturday.. Shadownet.. Just apologize to her and get this over it."

I tried putting on the most sincere apologize I can muster. Did it. she still wanted to talk to my manager again. He spent another 10 mins on the phone.

Finally she hung up and by that time it was like 10:10pm and we still barely did any cleaning. We spent the rest of the time bit ching about her. And oh guess this. She said she work in this mall and she shop here at GameStop a lot and never once had someone this rude before.

If you work in this mall. Then you should goddamn know not to come into a store when the gate is half closed and its 9:40. You should be goddamn more understanding than that. Yet you also have the nerve to call back and bitch about it.

Me and him didn't get out until 10:50pm when we should have gotten out an hour earlier.

Then I had to make a 3 hours drive to Ocean City Maryland. So yeah I was in a pissed off mood.

Wow, I'm sad how that woman reacted doesn't surprise me.

In general, I'm surprised how many horrid people I had to deal with when I worked at a convenience store.

Ibuki

Banned
Shadow dem feels bro. Mine is also a mall store and shit like this happens all the time. I actually had a lady last week accusing my SGA of literally buying himself Fifa 13 with their credit. Turns out the credit never existed and Gamestop sent them an email saying what they could get for their games. They took that as literal credit. Luckily I talked her off the ledge and made the customer happy. Hope nothing crazy happens like that tonight. There will always be dick customers but there are always awesome ones too so at least we can be happy about that.

Just forget those shitty people. If they regard you with such respect, they should get the same amount of respect back. Nothing...
Seriously. There are so many stupid people in this world and its not worth if such shitty people are destroying your mood and/or evening...

I know its hard, but after a while I laugh about such pathetic people.

Nzyme32

LYNE is so relaxing and the puzzling is fun. Way more worth than I paid for it on sale ;-;

aaaand now I want Lyne... in fact, I'm going to purchase it now. Just recently played hexcells plus and English Country Tune. Really liking the logic puzzle games, but also could do with something that's quite relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom