• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. still no one redeemed this game on Modbot (because seems everyone has it), so if anyone wants it, here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-6B90B0EF7CA37858 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1404466024z1.png

Soule

So on the topic of Shovel Knight, I beat that recently and really enjoyed it. Plan on chasing some achievements to wring more enjoyment out of it but it made look at Duck Tales remastered again. I wouldn't be surprised if Shovel Knight was inspired a bit by Duck Tales considering the whole pogo thing going on, anyhow neither game is particularly long and I was sorta halfway through DT anyway so it didn't take long to beat it. I love the presentation and effort that WayForward put into it, this whole experience has transported me back to my childhood a bit, especially the Duck Tales theme playing over the credits just had a big ol' grin as it played.

Awesome games.

yGray

Banned
So this was on like a Saturday. I work in a mall, and we were supposed to close at 9:30. The gate was half close at 9:30 to signal that all customers must go to the checkout line now or leave. And no one else should come in. But nope. Goddamn people keep coming in and I couldn't stop them cause the moment I turn my back to help 5 more walks in. Then it was 9:40. I was like Omg.

I walked over to this Hispanic family that just walked in. I said

"hi is there anything I can help you find today ma'am? Unfortunately we're closing soon (when I fucking mean we should be closed 10 mins ago) so I would like to help you find what you need before it close."

She said "oh my son is looking for something." I turned to see a boy asking me if I have FIFA World Cup for PS3. I said I do. He asked if I have a copy out front. I said yes. He asked again if he could see it.

At that point I'm just thinking. Okay, if you know exactly which game you want, for the love of god just get it and go. For those of you who don't know. When someone say they wanna see something. That's another 10 mins for them to sit there and debate. And at 10 minutes passed closing time. We don't have that kind of time.

I told him. "Unfortunately we are closing right now. So if you want FIFA World Cup I can get it for you up front." The mom than said "Let's go guys" and she said under her breath. "Rude customers service"

They left, I was like... Okay? Damnn. Whatever. I gotta close and clean up. Me and my buddy the ASM are closing up and a phone call ring. I picked up and some lady demanded to speak to the manager. But the manager on duty is busy counting money but she still demanded it. I handed over. And for the next 10 mins. That woman bitched to him about my customer service skills. Then he had to hand me the phone and was like "Omg... I'm going to kill this bitch. She's messing with me on a damn Saturday.. Shadownet.. Just apologize to her and get this over it."

I tried putting on the most sincere apologize I can muster. Did it. she still wanted to talk to my manager again. He spent another 10 mins on the phone.

Finally she hung up and by that time it was like 10:10pm and we still barely did any cleaning. We spent the rest of the time bit ching about her. And oh guess this. She said she work in this mall and she shop here at GameStop a lot and never once had someone this rude before.

If you work in this mall. Then you should goddamn know not to come into a store when the gate is half closed and its 9:40. You should be goddamn more understanding than that. Yet you also have the nerve to call back and bitch about it.

Me and him didn't get out until 10:50pm when we should have gotten out an hour earlier.

Then I had to make a 3 hours drive to Ocean City Maryland. So yeah I was in a pissed off mood.

Okay, that's my rant for the century. I'm done. Sorry guys.

Don't feel so bad bud. I've had crack thrown at me at a previous job before..

Grief.exe

Are you paid hourly? I'm currently working for a civil firm in the construction industry and I don't tend to mind working later than normal. I just look at it as I see a larger paycheck at the end of the week. From what I understand, generally in retail positions they don't allow you to work past 40 hours, denying you that salary bump due to overtime pay. Of course, you are in a completely different situation as it sounds like you had plans after you got off work, so I feel sympathy for you there.

With all that said, I never walk into a store, restaurant, gym, or any establishment near closing time. I know those guys are tired from a long day and just want to get home to their families. If I do walk in near closing time I make sure I am extremely respectful of their time and get out as soon as possible.

Shadownet

Banned
Don't feel so bad bud. I've had crack thrown at me at a previous job before..

Crack..? What were you? A drug dealer's accountant?

-----

And thanks guy. Honestly I feel the government should make all 16 years old work retail for a year until they learn how shitty it is. Make them appreciate stuff more.

Shadownet

Banned
Are you paid hourly? I'm currently working for a civil firm in the construction industry and I don't tend to mind working later than normal. I just look at it as I see a larger paycheck at the end of the week. From what I understand, generally in retail positions they don't allow you to work past 40 hours, denying you that salary bump due to overtime pay. Of course, you are in a completely different situation as it sounds like you had plans after you got off work, so I feel sympathy for you there.

With all that said, I never walk into a store, restaurant, gym, or any establishment near closing time. I know those guys are tired from a long day and just want to get home to their families. If I do walk in near closing time I make sure I am extremely respectful of their time and get out as soon as possible.

Yeah normally I don't mind staying later than normal. But I promised someone that Saturday I was going to drive 3 hours to see them right after work. And my ASM had family plan too. We were just trying to haul ass. So instead of arriving in ocean city at 1am. I didn't get there till 2:30 am.

So I just got a new Macbook Pro, in the process of boot camping windows. Is the DS4Tool the best tool to pair with a DS4 and works well with games without much effort?

I use a 360 controller with a wireless receiver on my PC but why carry around the receiver when the mac has bluetooth built in.

Jawmuncher

So I just got a new Macbook Pro, in the process of boot camping windows. Is the DS4Tool the best tool to pair with a DS4 and works well with games without much effort?

I use a 360 controller with a wireless receiver on my PC but why carry around the receiver when the mac has bluetooth built in.

DS4Tool works great and is easy to use and set up.
Though I haven't gotten the Bluetooth to work but i think that's my receiver to blame.

Trejik

Okay, that's my rant for the century. I'm done. Sorry guys.

I used to work teaching in private academies. The amount of absolutely stupid children that wouldn't want to learn and literally looked at the wall for two hours and didn't care.

If I punished them, mothers would come in and yell at me that I'm treating their children badly, then talk to the headmaster, who would yell at me.

If I ignored them, the mothers would come in yelling their kid didn't learn anything and that they were paying good money for that, talk to the headmaster, who would yell at me.

Six months of hell. I eventually snapped and yelled back at a mother saying that if she ever took a second look at her son she would see he's a spoilt brat without a brain to actually learn anything, and my job was to teach, not force them to learn.

You get shitty people in every job, you just kind of have to...survive. Sucks that it's that way, but I believe in working hard and getting what you deserve. After I snapped, I got fired and started my own business, much happier now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Darn, have no cash until end of the week. Is the 10 bucks price good for it or should I wait for it to go lower?

Shadownet

Banned
I used to work teaching in private academies. The amount of absolutely stupid children that wouldn't want to learn and literally looked at the wall for two hours and didn't care.

If I punished them, mothers would come in and yell at me that I'm treating their children badly, then talk to the headmaster, who would yell at me.

If I ignored them, the mothers would come in yelling their kid didn't learn anything and that they were paying good money for that, talk to the headmaster, who would yell at me.

Six months of hell. I eventually snapped and yelled back at a mother saying that if she ever took a second look at her son she would see he's a spoilt brat without a brain to actually learn anything, and my job was to teach, not force them to learn.

You get shitty people in every job, you just kind of have to...survive. Sucks that it's that way, but I believe in working hard and getting what you deserve. After I snapped, I got fired and started my own business, much happier now.

From all my years working. I feel like people who don't understand the culture of wherever they live aka foreigner and mostly rich people are very arrorance. I had an Asian dad ask me to use my employee discount and I was like.. You're kidding me right? I would get fired do fast.

yGray

Banned
Crack..? What were you? A drug dealer's accountant?

-----

And thanks guy. Honestly I feel the government should make all 16 years old work retail for a year until they learn how shitty it is. Make them appreciate stuff more.

No I worked in a pizza place and the dude threw crack at me to make him a hamburger 10 minutes before close...I threw it back at him and told him to gtfo before I called the cops. He comes back 10 minutes later and asks for his crack back lol

Dolor

Loving Divinity OS so far, but I cant help but feel its ever so slightly favoring ranged builds. I really struggle with my melee focused build/team, but I may just be bad.

UncleBiz

Loving Divinity OS so far, but I cant help but feel its ever so slightly favoring ranged builds. I really struggle with my melee focused build/team, but I may just be bad.

Really? I feel the exact opposite. My ranger is useless, but my 2h dude wrecks.

BruteUA

Tango Fiesta.

Is this similar to Broforce (thematically) done sorta-Jackal style? Not worried about it being a bit rough in it's current state, or that it's currently in EA (n. E-Arts). Does it have the HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIII-EXPLOSIONS-IIIIIIIIIIIIT feel of Broforce?

Sarcasm

The thing is melee needs new gear practically every (new) level. But yea ranged is OP (slightly)...especially the AI ones lol.

Grief.exe

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Omaha Beach) and Call of Duty 2 (Pointe du Hoc).

Medal of Honor: Frontline's is a pale imitation of Allied Assault's... Which is also true for the whole game.

Is allied assault available anywhere digitally?

Diversify your assets

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/tw2ltp/chappelle-s-show-wu-tang-financial---uncensored

online is awful in broforce. you absolutely need 4 players or its unplayable. and even then theres still a lot of glitches. they don't call it alpha for nothing i guess.

Now that the sale is over, I'll try reposting here for help.

What the hell would cause a video card do to this? RMA found nothing, so it's got to be something on my end. I've tried different drivers and still the same thing, I'm going to try doing everything in safe mode to see if that fixes it. Also going to see if I can raise the voltage a bit and disable ULPS if I can. Wondering if anyone has seen something similar.

This is what happens during Just Cause 2...but I can run Witcher2 flawlessly. I'm so confused.

On 4th of July? That's unAmerican.

word

Ibuki

Banned
online is awful in broforce. you absolutely need 4 players or its unplayable. and even then theres still a lot of glitches. they don't call it alpha for nothing i guess.

It couldn't be as bad as the skull girls lobby last night holy fuck that was broken.

Shadownet

Banned
I named my home wifi Shadownet. so if you ever pass by my house and see that pop up on your phone screen. You will know where i live :p

Hugstable

Banned

The lag was crazy. The sprites looked like they were running at some super low FPS while everything around it was running perfect lol. Then the duplicate bug as well :(

Zeknurn

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Omaha Beach) and Call of Duty 2 (Pointe du Hoc).

Medal of Honor: Frontline's is a pale imitation of Allied Assault's... Which is also true for the whole game.

Dont forget the Spearhead expansion. Waiting in line to drop over Normandy and finally taking the jump was intense. It's one of the best opening to a game ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
good morning people

had a great night sleep, i'm pleased

did everyone that went on a gifting frenzy get banned already?

I posted this in the hardware thread but I'm reposting here in case I get a reply in the next hour so that I can order the router to arrive tomorrow via Amazon Prime:

I need some advice regarding buying a router. My current one drops my internet connection from time to time which is really annoying during online play. It's currently sitting in my bedroom and is connected to a home plug. Another home plug is in the lounge and is connected to the Sky (my ISP) router.

I've seen one on sale at Amazon and I was wondering if there is a better alternative. I've been looking at the TP-Link TL-WDR3600 N600.

What do you think SteamGAF?

UncleO

ok, so why cant i get any of the themes working properly? I have them set in the theme folder like the faq says but it still not working right.
Help me out SteamGaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom