• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna start The Wolf Among Us for the first time. So excited! Thanks again Sub Zero for this :)

Yee have fun. TellTale usually does a pretty great job on these adventure games.

Im about to finally put an end to O&S. I have a feeling I will finally show Dark Souls who's boss.

Okay, that's my rant for the century. I'm done. Sorry guys.

Ugh that sucks, I hate people like that. You're right, she should know better if she works at the mall. It's very frustrating when people keep coming in when you're already supposed to be closed. I hope your next shift goes a lot better.

Reminds me of a situation when I worked at Gamestop. I was opening the store, working on the putting new prices on the stuff that changed and someone called the store. I answer it and there is a woman on the other end screaming at me. After a few minutes of that she said someone at my store had recommended one of those crappy third party coolers for the 360 and that it had started on fire (makes sense why she was upset at least).

I knew that wasn't true because everyone who worked there hated those things but she insisted it was my store. I apologized and asked if she had the receipt so I could look up the transaction and talk to my manager about it. Of course she didn't have it and screamed at me for another 5 minutes blaming me for the entire situation even though I've never recommended one of those in my life (and actively tried to dissuade people from buying them).

She ended up asking for my name, the number for the district manager, screamed at me for a couple minutes more and she hung up. I called my manager and explained the situation and went on with my day. That afternoon my manager calls and said it turns out it wasn't our store that sold it (shocker).

Gotta love working retail haha.

Danj

Thanks very much man, been wanting to do a replay of Season 1 of TWD on PC before I get S2, and never played 400 days.

Eased my disappointed of France heading out of the world cup.

You're welcome. I got an email from IsThereAnyDeal saying it was 70 pence on GamersGate so I promptly went and bought it, only to find when I tried to activate it on Steam I already owned it >.>

note to self: remember to keep ITAD waitlist up to date, especially after sales.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
WRriY6t.png

Just got Broforce! The brototype was really fun, so I'm really looking forward to playing this.

Jadax

Eased my disappointed of France heading out of the world cup.

France were never really going to get past Germany. This German team has been extremely good for the last few years.

Getting this far without having a meltdown is a huge accomplishment for the team lol. I think they will be an extremely good team in the future if they can maintain this work ethic.

Now onto Brazil-Colombia. I hope Colombia wins it!

Chariot

So I got Magic 2015 Complete for 8 keys and 5 ref from this guy. Cheapest offer on the tf2tradepost. The others want 10+ keys. He is nice and the trade went without a hinch.

Also: I am sure I saw "Complete Version" in the item description, but I have no indicator what version I have after I added it to my library. How can I look into that, just to be sure?

Shadownet

Banned
Yee have fun. TellTale usually does a pretty great job on these adventure games.

Im about to finally put an end to O&S. I have a feeling I will finally show Dark Souls who's boss.

That girl from the beginning look like Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite 0.o

Ugh that sucks, I hate people like that. You're right, she should know better if she works at the mall. It's very frustrating when people keep coming in when you're already supposed to be closed. I hope your next shift goes a lot better.

Reminds me of a situation when I worked at Gamestop. I was opening the store, working on the putting new prices on the stuff that changed and someone called the store. I answer it and there is a woman on the other end screaming at me. After a few minutes of that she said someone at my store had recommended one of those crappy third party coolers for the 360 and that it had started on fire (makes sense why she was upset at least).

I knew that wasn't true because everyone who worked there hated those things but she insisted it was my store. I apologized and asked if she had the receipt so I could look up the transaction and talk to my manager about it. Of course she didn't have it and screamed at me for another 5 minutes blaming me for the entire situation even though I've never recommended one of those in my life (and actively tried to dissuade people from buying them).

She ended up asking for my name, the number for the district manager, screamed at me for a couple minutes more and she hung up. I called my manager and explained the situation and went on with my day. That afternoon my manager calls and said it turns out it wasn't our store that sold it (shocker).

Gotta love working retail haha.

Seriously.. Retail is terrible. Thank god I'm not working at Walmart. I can only imagine the shits that's going on there everyday. If any GAF work there. My condolences.

Eanan

France were never really going to get past Germany. This German team has been extremely good for the last few years.

Getting this far without having a meltdown is a huge accomplishment for the team lol. I think they will be an extremely good team in the future if they can maintain this work ethic.

Now onto Brazil-Colombia. I hope Colombia wins it!
The French seemed to be resigned to giving up... There's a joke in there somewhere.

They never had a proper go at Germany until about the last ten minutes. I hope Colombia also win but doubt they will. Can see brazil getting another jammy win and getting to the final.

Sweet, Papers, Please has cards now.

excellent. Race to the bottom begins.

So I got Magic 2015 Complete for 8 keys and 5 ref from this guy. Cheapest offer on the tf2tradepost. The others want 10+ keys. He is nice and the trade went without a hinch.

Also: I am sure I saw "Complete Version" in the item description, but I have no indicator what version I have after I added it to my library. How can I look into that, just to be sure?

Install Enhanced Steam and see which one lights up?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp (desura) -- MB-5ACEE3D05F5D2640
ulgzbKC.png
Little Gardens (desura) -- MB-D6D8F136F693DA0F - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
One Finger Death Punch (desura) -- MB-C03518E95F20EAA3 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Exceed Gun Bullet Children (desura) -- MB-5DDB70FBD70A376F - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Last Night (desura) -- MB-BC543EFAA5B6B521 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars (desura) -- MB-F71D2A60068A64EA
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-A71DA59C5AE71281 - Taken by zeroOman
ulgzbKC.png
Exceed 2nd Vampire Rex (desura) -- MB-2B16CC9CD5BAE1C4 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Three Dead Zed (desura) -- MB-C2D0529A2BA0C969 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Splater (desura) -- MB-9557A4C4B3915AEF
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventires (desura) -- MB-99E3DE0ECFFCF5CB - Taken by Kuroyume
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night (desura) -- MB-1FA0A4B69E53222D

BadRamen

Seriously.. Retail is terrible. Thank god I'm not working at Walmart. I can only imagine the shits that's going on there everyday. If any GAF work there. My condolences.

Yeah...

It is amazing the powertrips people would go on concerning returning cans/bottles for deposit there.

And most of the time total value was no more than a dollar... sigh

The management setup is a whole other bag.

dex3108

As i promised here is second giveaway :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam Key -- MB-43F12B728CAA9395 - Taken by cardinalmind
Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam Key -- MB-E984D1F32D5EEAA6 - Taken by thebloo
Mirror's Edge Steam Key -- MB-C589B68A09DF8EB5 - Taken by Parfait
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-427012C3BDC1A012 - Taken by billmcdougal

t1404508873z1.png

I'm interested in buying Divinity and I saw that I could buy a key from some russian guys for almost half of what I would pay in the Steam store.

Is this completely legal or could I be banned on Steam because of this?

Hugstable

Banned
I'm interested in buying Divinity and I saw that I could buy a key from some russian guys for almost half of what I would pay in the Steam store.

I don't know if they ever Region locked Divinity... but that's how I got the game and I'm not banned yet.. I hope

Tizoc

It is so legal thats how most of us got the game ;)
I got divinity+dead rising 3+witcer 3 all for $60 via key trading with russians.

it's legal. It wouldn't be legal if you purchased from the russian store using a VPN, but if someone who actually lives there buys it and gift it to you it's all safe

btw tempted to buy Divinity too, everybody seems to love it

Shadownet

Banned

you wont get banned from buying from russian if its a ROW copies. If it was illegal. half of STEAMGAF would be gone already.

Quick question: I have a debit card linked to my PayPal account, can I send money to a key seller with that or do I have to add credits from my bank account?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im back from my train trip, that was ok, hadnt rode the train in years

also I cant say no to Godus 75%, been waiting for that price for ages, and ill use mah playfire credit so its free woot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom