• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
ok, so why cant i get any of the themes working properly? I have them set in the theme folder like the faq says but it still not working right.
Help me out SteamGaf

Do you mean skins? You have to go into settings of steam and enable them after putting the folder in your steam skins folder.

Athleon

How do you do this??? The "interiorspacing -1" trick is not working for me anymore... and it kind of bothers me a lot.

I had to redo it after the latest update but it still works for me. interiorspacing = -1 and dropshadowleading = 00

Make sure you replace all the characters because steam notices the difference in character count and re-downloads the file. Also if you're using a custom skin you need to edit the .layout file in the skin folder too (if it has one).

Shadownet

Banned
good morning people

had a great night sleep, i'm pleased

did everyone that went on a gifting frenzy get banned already?

crying-gifs-10112013-09.gif

The store page for Civ Beyond Earth is up. Release date is Oct 24th, no price yet, can't pre-order it yet and there's no mention of the pre-order DLC on the store page yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65980

Pre-ordering the game will net you the Exoplanet Map Pack DLC...

• Kepler 186f - This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
• Rigil Khantoris Bb - Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
• Tau Ceti d - This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
• Mu Arae f - Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
• 82 Eridani e - An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
• Eta Vulpeculae b - A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.

http://invertedcontrols.co.uk/civilization-beyond-earth-coming-october-24th/

iosefe

The lag was crazy. The sprites looked like they were running at some super low FPS while everything around it was running perfect lol. Then the duplicate bug as well :(

yea man. shit is bonkers as hell. practically unplayable. but I did run into a neat glitch when you guys left and I was alone, I had 2 bros that I was controlling at once(they weren't on different slots, they shared the same one. I put a pic of it on my steam profile)

Jawmuncher

20$ according to Google.

Gameliebe.com has it on sale. Ive used them once before, everything worked.

That's even cheaper than what jshackles was saying the game was worth.
I'm still waiting to grab it around that over here. Though have you looked at getting a AMD Never settle code? I think you can get one around the same price and basically get sniper elite 3 as well with murdered.

BadRamen

Okay, that's my rant for the century. I'm done. Sorry guys.

Reminds me of a buddy of mine that worked carts/CS at a local hardware store and while pushing some baskets in, nearly got hit in the parking lot by a rogue speeding car and said to himself, after nearly being put in an injured-state, "Fuck!"

A woman unrelated to the incident heard him say fuck and went out of her way to go complain to a manager about it. My friend got sent home for the day. :/

Some (many) people just need to feel powerful as often enough they have little control of their own life, so why not flex what control/power you can/do have?

Sigh.

Will wait for the eventual Gold Game of the Forever edition that includes 95% of the DLC.

While you wait 5 years for that I'll notch up over 1000 hours playing the game.

I really, really don't understand people's attitude towards the DLC in Civ V. The base game was substantive, I sunk hundreds of hours into Civ V vanilla. Pretty much all of the DLC did (excluding the two map packs, which came out recently) was add to how much of a greater time sink Civ V could be.

AsylumX

I had to redo it after the latest update but it still works for me. interiorspacing = -1 and dropshadowleading = 00

Make sure you replace all the characters because steam notices the difference in character count and re-downloads the file. Also if you're using a custom skin you need to edit the .layout file in the skin folder too (if it has one).

Thanks, you made me realize that i didn't change the default one. I idid it so long ago that i got used to changing only the file from the skins. Thanks again...

fantomena

About that Street Fighter Ultra upgrade. Will it be an own game in the library or will the content just be pushed over to my Arcade Edition and the Arcade Edition renamed?

Dr Dogg

Cheers for the impressions Stump but GAHHHHH!!! why did you have to mention MegaMan? Despite telling myself to stop buying stuff needlessly and not to fuel the ever increasing backlog but I've got so many fond memories as a nipper with MegaMan (2 and 3 specifically were the only NES games we had in the house for years) that I snapped and picked Shovel Knight up, at full price! (a rarity in this day and age of bundles). So thanks I guess and looks like I need to spend some money on self control :p

Tenrius

I spent a week collecting signatures on the street to support a politician I like, had plenty of unpleasant encounters like this. Lots of people who don't care, some of them are straight up rude about it and then there are the anti-semitic types (the politician is Jewish) as well as your usual psychos (with knives, occasionally!). Even those who are willing to talk are often terribly misinformed, have a really twisted worldview or are otherwise incapable of engaging in fruitful debate. I almost never get to talk to people outside of my very specific social circle (academia and such), so it was quite an experience for me and quite a drain on my nerves. Can't imagine what it's like to be dealing with something like that on a daily basis.

About that Street Fighter Ultra upgrade. Will it be an own game in the library or will the content just be pushed over to my Arcade Edition and the Arcade Edition renamed?

Nobody knows, for sure, at this point.
I'm of the mind that it will be like the AE upgrade for SSF4 on PS3 where my game title still read SSF4, but when I booted it, it was AE and gave me the options to pick and choose whatever as far as what version I wanted to play.

-

I just skipped like 500 posts. Did I miss anything good?

Chariot

How do I get refined metal? I seem to be unable to find it in the market.
There is this guy who sells Magic 2015 - Complete for 8 key and 5 refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom