• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Finally, another sim that actually doesn't look like complete garbage.

Though there's a joke one right next to it. I don't understand why people spend $100 to put games on Greenlight for lols.

I paid 5$ for Korea and its scenario (which I've only played once) and have probably gotten more hours out of that 5$ than I do most full blown 60$ games. The game continues to change, occasional minor updates with patches and major changes with expansions.

I haven't played any scenarios, ever! I'll try to get through a few before BE is released; hopefully scenarios won't eat up as much of my life as playing full games.

Civ V is without a doubt the best value for money game I've ever bought. It's a shame/hidden gift that the online play didn't work very well because I'd have sunk a hell of a lot more time into it otherwise.

I completed Castle Crashers earlier today, having started it thanks to the Playfire Rewards so I'm looking for a game on Steam that I've already started, so that I can get any potential 'play for the first time' reward. Maybe just one scenario tonight...it is the weekend after all...

MadGear

Hm, so I just changed the controls in Bioshock Infinte quite a bit because i wanted the toggle for iron-sights on my right mouse buttons. But now 2hrs in i notice that i actually aim worse with iron-sights and basically only hip-fire xD Is it me or is the games aiming that weird when using iron-sights?

Uzzy

ind-2-pc.jpg
ind-3-pc.jpg

I thought the art looked sort of different when I watched the trailer. Naomi's and Seiko's portraits just remind me of:

ezVWO2m.jpg

Damn it anime, why do you always have to suck?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KNOCK KNOCK HELLO? HELLO GAF?

filmesepizzatumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

I'm BACK motherfuckers!

FcKP3tW.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-75843327821B8C25
t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-3B3C3B3011F9F267 - Taken by ANuclearError
t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 -- MB-65FC92C0FC07DC64 - Taken by wilflare
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-AAD4F7D22B3D2F0A - Taken by masterkajo

t1404510840z1.png

jack-gif.gif

Thats right!

Corpse Party steam isn't getting the PSP sprites? Will stick to that version then, those look pretty bad.

And thanks for the kindness Rhaknar! One day I will be generous too.

Jadax

You have some catching up to do. Hurry go play Castlevania 3 right now. :D

Will do that to get the feel for it. Until today my Castlevania knowldege was limited to the game on steam.

I'm afraid to ask how old you are because I'm sure it'll make me feel SUPER old. ;_;

Maybe I just grew up in countries where they weren't so popular :p

I never played any of Blizzard's games, lol.

I think Blizzard are amazing devs for what they did with the Starcraft and Warcraft series (not WoW). Their story writing is amazing and really gets you immersed in the game. Plus, it was my first game so I think I just have that attachment to it.

Zerg, Terran and Protoss will be something I will always remember.

I haven't played any scenarios, ever! I'll try to get through a few before BE is released; hopefully scenarios won't eat up as much of my life as playing full games.

Civ V is without a doubt the best value for money game I've ever bought. It's a shame/hidden gift that the online play didn't work very well because I'd have sunk a hell of a lot more time into it otherwise.

I completed Castle Crashers earlier today, having started it thanks to the Playfire Rewards so I'm looking for a game on Steam that I've already started, so that I can get any potential 'play for the first time' reward. Maybe just one scenario tonight...it is the weekend after all...

If you only try one scenario, play Empire of the Smokey Skies. It's this steampunk-ish scenario with totally unique units, leaders, tech trees, everything. It's almost an entirely different game within Civ V.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does eligibility count from when the raffle begins or is it at the point from when it ends

I have no idea but it was either that, or no multi entry because I wasnt risking the slight odds of someone getting 2 of them and then being a dick and keeping both

also fuck modbot for always fucking with my jpgs :(

Tizoc

Yo Stump I sent 4 game codes to ModBot but it only sent me giveaway links for 3 games only, can you look into this please?

Enco

Man I want to buy Divinity for keys but I can only put £10 or £25 into my wallet.

Why can't I buy keys from my card? Kinda makes things awkward.

Wish someone would trade it for a game of equal value.

Oh and Rhaknar you're a beast.

The_Monk

I'm BACK motherfuckers!

Thats right!

Just arrived home from "work"
since I'm not paid for it
and this is the first thing I see. Does this means you card arrived?

Great giveaway either way, I think I'm going to try my luck with this one but the odds are not in my favor

oti

Banned
Hurray, played through two games today!

Blood Dragon!
Fun game, didn't care about the side stuff that much. Humour was a bit off at times but the gameplay was really fun. I was thinking about buying Far Cry 3 during the Sale (already finished it on PS3) but didn't do it. It was the right decision. Blood Dragon was enough for now.

Renegade Ops!
Wow this game. So much fun. Last mission was pretty tough at the halfway mark, final endboss was surprisingly easy though and that ending...

So glad I ditched the PS4 for now and built my first Gaming PC. So much fun! Sent ModBot messages to win those games a few posts above me, but I don't think I posted enough to be eligible, oh well. Still awesome giveaways! :)

Chariot

filmesepizzatumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

I'm BACK motherfuckers!

FcKP3tW.gif

jack-gif.gif

Thats right!
ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY ALL WORK AND NO GIVEAWAY MAKES RHAKNAR A DULL BOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom