• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I spent a week collecting signatures on the street to support a politician I like, had plenty of unpleasant encounters like this. Lots of people who don't care, some of them are straight up rude about it and then there are the anti-semitic types (the politician is Jewish) as well as your usual psychos (with knives, occasionally!). Even those who are willing to talk are often terribly misinformed, have a really twisted worldview or are otherwise incapable of engaging in fruitful debate. I almost never get to talk to people outside of my very specific social circle (academia and such), so it was quite an experience for me and quite a drain on my nerves. Can't imagine what it's like to be dealing with something like that on a daily basis.

my asm and i joke about burning down the store and taking all the games... like all the time.

but seriously though im lucky my store doesn't get many rude ones... mostly we get a buttload of travellers who will spend like $1000 on the spot. like a sheik or some rich oil company dude or athletes.

one foreign guy came in a got one of every system and all the new games to bring back to his family... his total was like $2000. we made almost half our goal with that one transaction. shit was cray cray.

Danj

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead: 400 Days -- MB-1F0420C54D003366 - Taken by Eanan. 7 entrants total.

t1404495794z1.png

dex3108

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-6D9310896E5BEAB7 - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-A6DDCB6DDFFC80D2
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-F4A4EA9F9402D62E
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-C09819536DECDB0D - Taken by Indignate. 1 entrants total.

t1404488510z1.png

Two games left if somebody is interested.

While you wait 5 years for that I'll notch up over 1000 hours playing the game.

I really, really don't understand people's attitude towards the DLC in Civ V. The base game was substantive, I sunk hundreds of hours into Civ V vanilla. Pretty much all of the DLC did (excluding the two map packs, which came out recently) was add to how much of a greater time sink Civ V could be.

I concur. I actually have to stop myself from playing Civ V because I know that, once I start, nothing else will get done in terms of work, other games or anything else IRL. I've put a, comparatively, modest 200+ plus hours into Civ V over the couple of years I owned it but that's easily enough time to justify the full RRP of every bit of content.

I was bit by the Civ V bug during the summer in which Gods & Kings was released so I started with the GOTY edition and then picked up Gods & Kings in a 75% off Seal. I bought Brave New World on launch because I knew that I'd get my money's worth even if I paid to £20 RRP. Ultimately I got BNW for about £8 thanks to Dunder which sweetened the deal.

With this in mind, I'll happily buy Beyond Earth on launch and spend a good deal of the Autumn playing it. I'm not keen on the idea of day one DLC and I'm disappointed to see it in BE, even if it is free with pre-orders. Nonetheless, I'm very much looking forward to BE and I'm happy that Arkham Knight was pushed back to 2015, and most Wii U titles are being released in 2015, because it means that I can afford to get lost in BE.

I never played CIv V online, was it really bad? A Star Wars conversion mod could be amazing.

Me and my mates could never get a good 4 player game done, though I did manage to get a 2 player game going at least. This is all anecdotal, but I was pretty prone to connection drops and the like. There was a fix on PCGW that made things better at least.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man...fucking M&M's exploiters. I'm sure they're why I haven't won shit in the past like, five or six days. I wanted to grab SimCity 4 while it's still $5 at Joystiq (since when the fuck does Joystiq sell games, anyway?).

Crappy Steam, it blocked my account for transactions while I've added 10€ to my Steam wallet by using the same card, the only one I own, from years.

I was buying a Witcher 3 copy from DunderHassan, tried to buy a TF2 key, but I can't.
I've tried "verify now" but I'm uing Postepay, so the transaction will be visible only within 3-4 days, so Steam sucked other money from my card and still I can't verify it.

When they will add the money on the card? And when the transactions will be visible, if I will click "Verify now" it will suck other money or simply I can put the amount they took today?

buy your keys from inside tf2 to skirt market temp ban.

Hugstable

Banned
Man...fucking M&M's exploiters. I'm sure they're why I haven't won shit in the past like, five or six days. I wanted to grab SimCity 4 while it's still $5 at Joystiq (since when the fuck does Joystiq sell games, anyway?).

Yeah I'm pretty sure at this point it's set to auto lose. I haven't even tried again today

fallout

I really, really don't understand people's attitude towards the DLC in Civ V. The base game was substantive, I sunk hundreds of hours into Civ V vanilla. Pretty much all of the DLC did (excluding the two map packs, which came out recently) was add to how much of a greater time sink Civ V could be.
Indeed. The nature of Civ lends itself to that kind of content expansion. This isn't like a Batman or Borderlands game where they're adding more narrative content. They're actively changing systems and adding new ways to play the game based on years of feedback from the community.

pahamrick

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced they killed the win rate due to the exploiters. No one I know has won within the last 7 or so days. My dreams of an M&M funded DR3 and Witcher 3 are crushed.

Thank God I finally got medical clearance to return to work next week.

BadRamen

There's a 20% voucher for GMG valid until July 7 now: EEKC1D-0FTUGV-M8G5ZN

Just tried to combine with credit and NO DICE! (slow)

Also, Playfire retroactively rewarded me for achievements that never unlocked/they had issues with like "Haters Gonna Hate" for Saints Row the Third from a few months ago! (This wasn't from me asking them either, it just happened randomly)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Omaha Beach) and Call of Duty 2 (Pointe du Hoc).

Medal of Honor: Frontline's is a pale imitation of Allied Assault's... Which is also true for the whole game.
CoD 2 has a Normandy level too? I loved the one in MoH:AA, I should play those first CoDs one of these days.

UncleBiz

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced they killed the win rate due to the exploiters. No one I know has won within the last 7 or so days. My dreams of an M&M funded DR3 and Witcher 3 are crushed.

Thank God I finally got medical clearance to return to work next week.

I won on Wednesday, but they definitely lowered the rate I think

What's bugged me recently with GMG is the previous 20% off coupon that worked with Ultra Street Fighter 4 worked with credit for the first couple days, then when I went to buy it, credit wasn't allowed. :mad:

Grief.exe

It would seem someone crafted the first two levels of the Advent Rising badge. The supply chain is somewhat difficult for this one, not too many people own the title as it hasn't really been discounted.

bcc80583dcca8ab211d535d18edc8bffb88eec85.png
aecd0091fee73380e81668a4123fae6b45201c53.png

Completely forgot about this promotion, need to get back on it.

Thanks bros!

Did fairly well and know where I went wrong. Pretty happy.

Gonna reward my self with Divinity Originals Sin.

I was going to suggest that actually.

Today i've been Bro-ing it up with Broforce.

Hella fun, i love the way the characters are pretty much how i would expect them to be in a side scrolling game.

ok. go nuts

Work with credit?

This is now the standard question when a voucher comes up. So true.

Tizoc

Can divinity os be beaten without upgrading ur stats? Like a low level run? Cuz i hav 0 idea how to properly upgrade my stats based on my class lol.

Vazduh

When you try and break into the bank, goddamn civilians would call the popo if they see you from outside the windows. But if you shoot them you lose money... This game need a tranquilizer gun for those kind of moments. And its BS how you only have two handcuffs. You should be able to carry much more.

Idk the game is flawed as hell, really difficult if you're on the lower levels. But... Its the only bank robbing game out there worth playing so.. Ehhh.

Tip for more XP: finish "Diamond store" stealth (any difficulty, it'll take you 5 minutes to finish it) and you'll gain 30% more XP for the next contract ("Framing frame" has 50% boost, but it's much harder than "Diamond store"). Then, use the XP bonus on "Rats" (destroy the lab, it has no impact on XP) or "Firestarter" pro job (for example, you can earn 500k XP on "Rats" pro job, difficulty: overkill).

Hugstable

Banned
I've been wanting a coupon to work or the base price of dark souls 2 to go down.
So I could buy it with my credit. Should have jumped on it earlier.

Shoulda got it for the 33$! I had a feeling it wasn't gonna go lower so im glad I jumped on it when I did. Didn't worry the whole sale on whether it would go tp 50% off or not after rhat, and was well worth it. Seeing the Souls game running in 60 fps is freaking beautiful. Dark Souls and Rising were my main goals of the summer sale, so I ended up happy when Rising went on sale. Dark Souls 2 at 33% was a neccesary sacrifice ha.

Jawmuncher

Shoulda got it for the 33$! I had a feeling it wasn't gonna go lower so im glad I jumped on it when I did. Didn't worry the whole sale on whether it would go tp 50% off or not after rhat, and was well worth it. Seeing the Souls game running in 60 fps is freaking beautiful

I was really tempted during the steam sale for it. Since I have the game on PS3 but i'd rather play the better version of it. Oh well i've held out this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom