• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just arrived home from "work"
since I'm not paid for it
and this is the first thing I see. Does this means you card arrived?

Great giveaway either way, I think I'm going to try my luck with this one but the odds are not in my favor

no, got tired of waiting so i took the train to albufeira and got gift cards

they had so many Monk... so so many :_;

Tizoc

ModBot's delay has displeased Crom
...but Crom shall let it pass for he loves GAF.
arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

I used to play BF3 a lot on console, and moving to PC was so much better. Having to get my favorite guns unlocked was such a pain though. Its sucks dropping down from rank 48 to 11. I also rush a lot when playing. It's really satisfying when you survive after doing that.

Oh, yeah. That sounds like a work to get back to level 48. BTW I am rank 6 lol
Just played the first co-op mission on easy. So much fun sniping! But there are no people :( I waited a couple minutes and only one other guy came in the game with me.

KNOCK KNOCK HELLO? HELLO GAF?
I'm BACK motherfuckers!
Thats right!
Good Lord Rhaknar, do you want to get broke?
Nice games though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
figured people would want multi entry, I guess not... hmm. how do I cancel this to change the rule, can I even do that?

I can change it to no multi entry, but not "won recently" restriction

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is the part where everyone who picked up "freebie" giveaways from bundles in the last day are kicking themselves.

I think I'll hold off on Witcher 3. It isn't that I think their design is bad, but Witcher 2 is soooo laggy I want to be sure this one isn't and wouldn't want to take it from another if it turns out it is.

Tizoc

Crom would not tolerate his subjects missing out the simplest chance of euphoria.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

ModBot's delay has displeased Crom
...but Crom shall let it pass for he loves GAF.

Good God you too Tizoc!
I just typed my reply and bam, another huge giveaway. You guys are either rich or insane!
No free for all, eh? Guess Witcher and Killer gonna get most entries. Strider looks nice.

Rhaknar

I don't think multientry is really a problem. That's just me though

multi entry isnt a problem, but if you put multi entry without the other rule, that means that, in theory, you could win all 4 lol

thats the only reason why its there, otherwise i wouldnt use it, its a shit rule with all the bundle stuff

Speevy

Banned
I wonder if all this giving/Russian discounts will cause The Witcher 3 to drop price earlier than expected when it finally comes out.

Flooding the market with cheap product has that effect, no?

I spent a week collecting signatures on the street to support a politician I like, had plenty of unpleasant encounters like this. Lots of people who don't care, some of them are straight up rude about it and then there are the anti-semitic types (the politician is Jewish) as well as your usual psychos (with knives, occasionally!). Even those who are willing to talk are often terribly misinformed, have a really twisted worldview or are otherwise incapable of engaging in fruitful debate. I almost never get to talk to people outside of my very specific social circle (academia and such), so it was quite an experience for me and quite a drain on my nerves. Can't imagine what it's like to be dealing with something like that on a daily basis.
Didn't know Maxim was Jewish!

Protip time: do I get Papa y You DRM-free with OSX compatibility at a later date or do I get it for $2.24 on GMG now and hope I'll make time for it once I have my Windows machine ready? I'd get it just to use that juicy 25%-off coupon the site's offering for this sale.

multi entry isnt a problem, but if you put multi entry without the other rule, that means that, in theory, you could win all 4 lol

thats the only reason why its there, otherwise i wouldnt use it, its a shit rule with all the bundle stuff
What? No, modbot has the 15 minute cooldown on wins, dude.

figured people would want multi entry, I guess not... hmm. how do I cancel this to change the rule, can I even do that?

I can change it to no multi entry, but not "won recently" restriction

I'm pretty sure you have to nuke the whole giveaway and redo it if you want to change a rule.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if giveaways will be sent to their own thread if this continues

hmm

i'll still enter all divinities with no shame lol

Corpekata

Banned
I wonder if all this giving/Russian discounts will cause The Witcher 3 to drop price earlier than expected when it finally comes out.

Flooding the market with cheap product has that effect, no?

I don't really think the people bothering to brave the TF2 key or Russian trading market are that numerous to really have that much of an impact

No, stump stumped me pretty hard on this. You cannot win more than one game at the same time/same giveaway. Impossible. There is a minimum cooldown of 15 minutes. Goes even higher when you won multiple games in short timeframes. Whoever made ModBot made it good... too good.

Tizoc

Good God you too Tizoc!
I just typed my reply and bam, another huge giveaway. You guys are either rich or insane!
No free for all, eh? Guess Witcher and Killer gonna get most entries. Strider looks nice.

Hmm I only put simple restrictions on the giveaway so that way anyone should be able to enter. I take it if you've already won a recent giveaway you can only enter more by giving away games yourself first?

Nabs

header_292x136.jpg

Lexica is out and is 50% off for a week ($2.49).

i wonder if giveaways will be sent to their own thread if this continues

hmm

i'll still enter all divinities with no shame lol

I doubt they'd be giving away this kind of stuff to another thread.

XShagrath

Insano giveaways!

Been playing Valiant Hearts. Gameplay is very basic, but the presentation is top-notch. Also, them feels are wonderful.

Rhaknar

What? No, modbot has the 15 minute cooldown on wins, dude.

MULTIENTRY
If you are giving away multiple keys and want the same person to be able to enter for and win more than one (this may be especially useful with a RAFFLE; combine with NOWINNERSDAILY so that people can enter for multiple games in a RAFFLE but only win one), use this rule.

why is that in the rules then?

Toki767

I was wondering how that no winners the past day thing worked. It's it 24 hours since you last won something? If a giveaway ended on the 26th hour could you enter on the 25th hour?

wilflare

-decides to check SteamGAF one last time before sleep (3:35AM here)-
does not regret doing so :O
crossing my fingers for them

-goes back to sleep-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom