• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Can't buy keys from the steam market because I used my ONLY card to buy add funds? Why? I've used that card before...

So Divinity today I guess :(

It's funny how Valve accepts your money but doesn't let you spend it.

Hugstable

Banned
MULTIENTRY
If you are giving away multiple keys and want the same person to be able to enter for and win more than one (this may be especially useful with a RAFFLE; combine with NOWINNERSDAILY so that people can enter for multiple games in a RAFFLE but only win one), use this rule.

why is that in the rules then?

I think to give people a chance to enter for more than one game I would think, but only win one. I don't mind how you have it set up now.

WAIT, i just realized this will NOT work. If your account is not in good standing when you buy keys from the store, they will not be tradeable! Totally forgot about this restriction.

I could swear someone in here during the sale said they bought TF2 keys for trade from TF2 since they had a temp market ban... :\

Ivandrago.jpg

Id talk to this guy ^^

But no. Go find Liezryou (GAF NAME) or find FarFIX69 (Steam Name) or Dunder on here. Ikkuy on steam is also great.

Try to fight the urge like Ivan Drago
If he dies, he dies,
Like Doughboy to Tre,
If he rides, he rides,
Throwing punches in his room,
If he cries, he cries...

1GH3hMn.png

279px-KermitDrinking-Lipton-BeMoreTea-(2014).png

Soon

What were you hiding, sir?

KNOCK KNOCK HELLO? HELLO GAF?

filmesepizzatumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

I'm BACK motherfuckers!

FcKP3tW.gif

jack-gif.gif

Thats right!

All work and no play make Rhaknar something something...

Glad to see you back, this puts a huge smile on my face.

iFm4moC606Sk8.gif

excellent giveaway, everyone should be hittin that Divinity if they don't have it already

Perfect reaction gif.

ModBot's delay has displeased Crom
...but Crom shall let it pass for he loves GAF.
arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

No, what has displeased Crom is that you sully the greatness of Killer is Dead and The Witcher 3 with a dumpster fire like Strider.

And why the hell is Torchlight marked as "hot"?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think to give people a chance to enter for more than one game I would think, but only win one. I don't mind how you have it set up now.

yes thats exactly what I want to happen, and people are saying you dont need the NOWINNERSDAILY rule, so why is it there

derExperte

MULTIENTRY
If you are giving away multiple keys and want the same person to be able to enter for and win more than one (this may be especially useful with a RAFFLE; combine with NOWINNERSDAILY so that people can enter for multiple games in a RAFFLE but only win one), use this rule.

The delay is real. BUT if you have a giveaway with 100 gifts someone could win multiple times because Moddy will take an hour to get through everything.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
figured people would want multi entry, I guess not... hmm. how do I cancel this to change the rule, can I even do that?

I can change it to no multi entry, but not "won recently" restriction

Wait noooooo I already entered multiple games.

Hmm I only put simple restrictions on the giveaway so that way anyone should be able to enter. I take it if you've already won a recent giveaway you can only enter more by giving away games yourself first?
Ha, no. I meant that entering multiple giveaways is not there. Which is not a bad thing. There are just multiple games which look very good. Like you have to choose between your beloved ones.
Also, your giveaway doesn't have the giver-rule or won in the last day rule. Maybe you wanna nuke and resend.

MULTIENTRY

I dunno why it's listed that way. But Stump added a cooldown on winning things that increases as you win more things in a 1 week period (that's how it *was* anyway, he might have lengthened that). Last thing I knew it was 15 minutes, then an hour, then a whole day.

I always figured multientry was just to maximize your chance at winning something from the raffle, not everything. (I mean you could win more than one thing if something goes unclaimed and you come back for it or something, but how likely is that for the stuff you're giving away?)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait noooooo I already entered multiple games.

well fucking enter again then :p

edit: im being told i just need to reenter the same keys (well links) in a new giveaway and it should nuke the old ones, lets try that then

liezryou

i dunno, i personally don't mind but this has been weirdly controversial

It wasn't about gifting via modbot, it was about gifting on steam then posting about it here.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Can't buy keys from the steam market because I used my ONLY card to buy add funds? Why? I've used that card before...

So Divinity today I guess :(

It's funny how Valve accepts your money but doesn't let you spend it.

Add me man, i'll get you divinity today.

BruteUA

MULTIENTRY

It's very possible this was written prior to the cool down being added. Modbot is always evolving and becoming more awesome.

iosefe

I have no idea but it was either that, or no multi entry because I wasnt risking the slight odds of someone getting 2 of them and then being a dick and keeping both
so if I'm considered ineligible when I enter for divinity, is my vote thrown out and I can try again after my 24 hours?. Or is this a question for stump.

Tizoc

No, what has displeased Crom is that you sully the greatness of Killer is Dead and The Witcher 3 with a dumpster fire like Strider.

And why the hell is Torchlight marked as "hot"?

Eh the hot thing for Torchlight was me overdoing it a bit (don't worry Stump I won't be doing it with ALL my giveaways), but know that Strider is among the list simply because
to spite you =) <3

Rhaknar

It's very possible this was written prior to the cool down being added. Modbot is always evolving and becoming more awesome.

well I am many things, but a mind reader isnt one of them >_>

so if I'm considered ineligible when I enter for divinity, is my vote thrown out and I can try again after my 24 hours?. Or is this a question for stump.

im about to nuke it so everyone can enter

Tizoc

Looks like battleblock theater

Tis a game I am saving for a special occasion.
This game has been in my inventory for months...

Ha, no. I meant that entering multiple giveaways is not there. Which is not a bad thing. There are just multiple games which look very good. Like you have to choose between your beloved ones.
Also, your giveaway doesn't have the giver-rule or won in the last day rule. Maybe you wanna nuke and resend.

Wait really? Do those need to be in so those who won in rpevious giveaways can enter o_O

Myshkin

Stump has said that eligibility is determined at the time ModBot attempts to award the prize.

Eh the hot thing for Torchlight was me overdoing it a bit (don't worry Stump I won't be doing it with ALL my giveaways), but know that Strider is among the list simply because
to spite you =) <3

In the end, you only spite the person who wins it. Because they're the person who has to suffer through the garbage for 3-5 hours.
That said, thanks for being generous.

And I still want to know what you took the time to hide in that snapshot... ^_^

Nevermind, I looked. I'm not sure why you have that game just sitting there...

BruteUA

well I am many things, but a mind reader isnt one of them >_>

Me neither, but I think I've seen stuff like that mentioned before.

I try to pay extra attention to the Modbot technical posts, so I can get a headstart if I see something that might finally make him self-aware and bring about Judgment Day.

Rhaknar

everybody look at this

tumblr_inline_mtyo0jToYB1r753ou.gif

what? giveaway? I dont know what youre talking about

Kaleinc

Banned
I think modbot checks whether you won anything when raffles end and not when you enter.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
WTF is going on in here today...

I had a game to giveaway but I may wait until the madness is over! My piddly little giveaway pales in comparison!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom