• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

what have you done to my avatar!?!
Think paca

j9OunIYsvP5xx.png

sorry

Falling back into a CS:GO fit. That game and its priors are just such solid works that they remain a standby.

Maybe winning a Rhak raffle will help me.
hint, hint, ModBot

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yes! fixed the giveaway, whew. I dont care if anyone actually wins anything, but all my hard work finding the right gifs for it for nothing? no sir!

:p

dex3108

Reminder for my giveaway that is not near those W3 giveaways but maybe somebody wants these games :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam Key -- MB-43F12B728CAA9395 - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.
Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam Key -- MB-E984D1F32D5EEAA6 - Taken by thebloo. 6 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge Steam Key -- MB-C589B68A09DF8EB5 - Taken by Parfait. 3 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-427012C3BDC1A012 - Taken by billmcdougal. 13 entrants total.

t1404508873z1.png

Arthea

Cinders is the best take on Cinderella I've seen (read), surprisingly good at times even.
You should buy that Eye Candy, if you haven't yet.

Think paca

horror.jpg

sorry

you are after zky's life, aren't you?
I don't see how he can survive this one.

Hugstable

Banned
Falling back into a CS:GO fit. That game and its priors are just such solid works that they remain a standby.

Maybe winning a Rhak raffle will help me.
hint, hint, ModBot

That's why I didn't start playing again cause of the operation. If i started CS again my poor backlog will never be played :(

Myshkin

That is usually the case with nuked giveaways.

So, it stands to reason that nuke causes the giveaway associated with the key to be disassociated from it. The key stays in the database. Although in this case nuke wasn't used, at least not before the third attempt at making the giveaway (hence, the warning messages).
So there are pointers from the giveaway to the gift entries; and pointers from the gift entries to their giveaway. [But the instructions for nuke are for the instance where the gift has been awarded, but presumably there is a check during the award to confirm that the gift's entry still shows it associated with the giveaway.]

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
we need stump to be online to clear any doubts

from modbot's own words, they keys are updated to match the new giveaway (in this case, without the nowinnersdaily rule)

right?

Yes. If you resubmit keys to a new giveaway before they're claimed from the old one, it will update the rules accordingly. ModBot will give you an error and refuse to add a key if it can't add a key. Notices aren't errors. Everything should be fine... but honestly, with the number of random people who have wandered in here since the Summer Sale, nowinnersdaily isn't exactly an unfair, cruel requirement that limits your audience ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes. If you resubmit keys to a new giveaway before they're claimed from the old one, it will update the rules accordingly.

boom, from the mad scientist's mouth himself

crisis averted, back to fireworks and...err... barbecues? whatever the fuck you guys do

Still seems to be the biggest gap in Steam's portfolio. It's such a gap from Winter to Summer. Hell, if it weren't for TI4 the Summer sale probably wouldn't have happened yet.

Yeah, gotta say I was pretty shocked when spring went by without a sale while other retailers had a huge sale.
TI4?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Cinders is the best take on Cinderella I've seen (read), surprisingly good at times even.
You should buy that Eye Candy, if you haven't yet.

you are after zky's life, aren't you?
I don't see how he can survive this one.

I'm imagining the eye of your avatar being replaced by an alpaca face now :p

Yeah, gotta say I was pretty shocked when spring went by without a sale while other retailers had a huge sale.
TI4?

The International. They had to move the Dota tournament up to July instead of August to accommodate a larger venue. The 18-22 dates are smack in the middle of the traditional sale time, and even if they are different teams, i'm sure Valve wants to tackle one mammoth thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom