• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TI4 = THE INTERNATIONAL NUMBER 4 =10+ million dollar dota2 tournament by valve

Oh right haha.

NSFW? But it's probably best you don't know.

Wow, just wow, this is even more hilarious than I ever thought it would be.

JawesomeJaw said:
The International. They had to move the Dota tournament up to July instead of August to accommodate a larger venue. The 18-22 dates are smack in the middle of the traditional sale time, and even if they are different teams, i'm sure Valve wants to tackle one mammoth thing at a time.

Ah I see, didn't even know that, thought the sale was a bit early this time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes. If you resubmit keys to a new giveaway before they're claimed from the old one, it will update the rules accordingly. ModBot will give you an error and refuse to add a key if it can't add a key. Notices aren't errors. Everything should be fine... but honestly, with the number of random people who have wandered in here since the Summer Sale, nowinnersdaily isn't exactly an unfair, cruel requirement that limits your audience ;)

Stump be a dear and confirm that if people entered again they are fine also?

Kaper

TI4 = THE INTERNATIONAL NUMBER 4 =10+ million dollar dota2 tournament by valve

And it's going to be glorious. There will even be streams for people new to the game, so come check it out! Games start on the 8th, and the main event is from the 18th-21st.

Ewwww, right through the eyeball.

I don't very much think I'd like a game that shows me the gruesome suffering that every enemy I kill faces right before death, as cool as the tech for that is. If I played Sniper, I'd probably try to go for a no kill run.

You don't have to watch the kill cam -- you can exit out as soon as the cinematic starts by hitting a/x.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm confused. Do I enter again for this new giveaway? What if I win according to Modbot for the first giveaway? Won't it send me a key? Wouldn't winners of the first (still registered with Modbot) be disqualified from this new one?

Hugstable

Banned
I'm confused. Do I enter again for this new giveaway? What if I win according to modbot for the first giveaway? Won't it send me a key? Wouldn't winners of the first (still registered with Modbot) be disqualified from this new one?

1st giveaway doesn't exist anymore, enter in the new one.

F2N80kM.png

I think not, cheapskate.

Chariot

Man, what is with so many incest references on japanese media?
Its a cultural thing or something?

(I know I'm opening a can of worms, I expect semi decent responses and not get the thread locked)
To be fair, this character humps everyone, including some underage girl...s. And somehow he still manages to have a girlfriend to whom he is very loyal. Go figure.

Crap. Anyone know the cheapest way to get the Skyrim DLC now? I've got a couple mods that require either Dawnguard or Dragonborn, but I don't have either.

I totally spaced when the Legendary Edition was on sale and didn't think that the DLC would work with my standard copy.

Any ideas?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump be a dear and confirm that if people entered again they are fine also?

If the MB- codes didn't change they don't need to enter again. If the MB- codes changed they need to enter again. Entering twice doesn't disqualify you, it just doesn't qualify you twice so there's no reason for people not to try to enter again if they're having anxiety attacks about it.

Shadownet

Banned
Working in retail taught me two things:

1. Always be as nice a customer as possible
2. Always be as nice a customer as possible

I really think that everyone should have to work in retail for at least the duration of a summer vacation before leaving school.

3. Fuck the customers sometimes.

Oh btw. Not 2 hours into my shift and I'm already dealing with another ass. Good lord I can't wait to get home.

It seem SteamGAF have been taken over by anime while I was gone.

Arthea

Man, what is with so many incest references on japanese media?
Its a cultural thing or something?

(I know I'm opening a can of worms, I expect semi decent responses and not get the thread locked)

Incest isn't so rare worldwide I'd assume as people imagine, not on full siblings level, but on cousins level it's not that uncommon, as far as I know.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If the MB- codes didn't change they don't need to enter again. If the MB- codes changed they need to enter again. Entering twice doesn't disqualify you, it just doesn't qualify you twice so there's no reason for people not to try to enter again if they're having anxiety attacks about it.

I love you stump. im actually going to add this quote to the giveaway

Dambrosi

Banned
ok hopefully this works

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Divinity: Original Sin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Rising 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Well, obviously your last one didn't.

Fantastic giveaway, as always from you. I hope you don't mind me entering for everything except Witcher 3. I can only win one, after all.

zkylon

zkylewd
She refused to believe that someone brushing your teeth for you is an unnerving experience. And he thought that, as soon as he started, she would desist.
You may regret asking.
Brother cleaning his sister's teeth while they both approach orgasm.
Watch and enjoy one of the best and most uncomfortable scenes in a anime ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1jY7BLQVMc
no regrets

just strange i-hope-it-goes-away-quick arousal

This isn't animeGAF, back to games.

I still haven't made back the money I spent on that breakout pass in CSGO. Crates take forever to drop. :-\

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Reposting

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-FC69C26557648BCA - Taken by Myshkin

t1404520916z1.png

Rhaknar

Well, obviously your last one didn't.

Fantastic giveaway, as always from you. I hope you don't mind me entering for everything except Witcher 3. I can only win one, after all.

the whole point of redoing it was so people COULD enter for all of them >_<

also, im sorry but that giveaway looks glorious, im so proud of it. look at that sequence of gifs!

fuck you haters of flashy giveaways ;(

Chariot

It is actually a cultural thing. I'll leave it at that.
Eh, is this really a cultural thing? Maybe otaku culture, but I don't know about actual japanese society. Only thing I canthink of is this cousin issue americans have. As far as I know in japan, like in germany it isn't incest if you marry your cousin.
But when I think acutal incest I always think australian outback.

I learned everything about japan through hentai doujinshi, my knowlegde could be spotty.

We need giveaways that are friendly towards our brethren with Fisher-Price computers
ioHEwc1.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

They Bleed Pixels -- MB-0085274743BAC871 - Taken by AsylumX. 2 entrants total.

t1404506485z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hib extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KAMI -- MB-709CA7D3BBAB6892 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-E859E9E344842A62 - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total.

t1404516147z1.png

Volimar

don't know what ending you got but make sure to check out the others on youtube or something

i could be bothered to play through the game again since the shooting and what not was subpar

I didn't even know there were multiple endings, thanks. Checked em all out. Pretty depressing. I got the one
where you straight up kill yourself, or he you kills you
. Not a very satisfying experience.

Wow. My teeth have never been so horny.

That's why I didn't start playing again cause of the operation. If i started CS again my poor backlog will never be played :(

For sure. But it's nice to get back in when playing pays you back quickly.

I'm really enjoying it. That could just be the monkey on my back talking, though.

Rhaknar

I want that Shadow of Mordor so bad... Can I enter the raffle? Please?

no, I blacklisted you

of course you can. the reason its not megagivers is for people like you and nbnt and mokoi and shit can enter since you havent used modbot enough to be a megagiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom