• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Now that so many people have discovered the russian traders. I expect giveaways of top tier games to become a daily thing

XShagrath

Now that so many people have discovered the russian traders. I expect giveaways of top tier games to become a daily thing
..And I will still win none of them because ModBot hates me. :(

I've won stuff from Modbot before, but mostly leftover scraps that no one wants. Never anything top tier. My time will come one day!

WavekSra

My favorite rpg back in the ps2 days was Champions of Norrath and Baldur's gate. Will I like Divinity: Original Sin? Does it have that Path of Exile and Torchlight gameplay mechanics? I'm not really a fan of those where you insert stone things to your equipments and such.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Call 911, most cops are good about that sorta thing, atleast here they are
Bro just picked up Yuri (chihuahua) and taking her to work. ( he works at the vet) Now going back home hoping the tire doesnt mess up while going back. Gotta get a new tire and new screws.

Time to try my first Giveaway, only some Origin keys though that everyone probably already have but it's a start anyway.
ModBot said:
Instructions for ReduxMachine:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin -- MB-9A08094BB4D99116
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin -- MB-B06779FAB976BC4A - Taken by Nibiru. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin -- MB-85A617B8CB669A78

t1404518820z1.png
Hope I've done this right.

So a question about Divinity, is it a true open world like skyrim and gta or is it just huge areas? Also how tight of a leash does the game keep on you when it comes to killing friendly npcs? can you kill all of em like New Vegas or you can't lay a finger on em, or can you kill some with the exception of a few?

Wow. German cops wouldn't move out for a dog. They would tell you to call some animalorganisation.

LOL yo the lama or whatever she is works perfect in your avatar, with Eska looks like she's gliving the lama the look. :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol?

wait... are you serious? CorrosiveFrost and Sub Zero thank you for that
and me of course

Only half, I defintely feel things have escalated and I've been following the steam threads since before modbot was invented :p

Turfster

Gamestop has Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron at 75% off
The humble store daily is Supreme Commander Gold at 75% off

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So a question about Divinity, is it a true open world like skyrim and gta or is it just huge areas? Also how tight of a leash does the game keep on you when it comes to killing friendly npcs? can you kill all of em like New Vegas or you can't lay a finger on em, or can you kill some with the exception of a few?

Huge interconnected areas. Not really openworld like Skyrim or Fallout.

Shadownet

Banned
In keeping with the new anime theme, imagine how it would feel to go Super Saiyan on all the asses who annoy you.

I got 3 kids about 14-17. They keep messing up all of the games and one of them have the nerve to tell me that the games were out of place. Like why is FEAR 3 mixed in with Far Cry 3?

I was like. Are you kidding me? You been messing up my store for an choir loitering around. And you have the nerve to bitch about it with me?

Urghh..

UncleBiz

... got stuck on a puzzle in valiant hearts, was positive i was doing the right thing. watch a video of someone doing it exactly how i was trying. people say they can't do it either. the only way to do it is by lowering your resolution. what????

oti

Banned
Played the first hour of Alice. Yeah... those controls are bad, this jumping is bad, no, everything you actually do in this game is bad, nothing feels right. Oh well, if it's like 5h I'll play through it, I like the art style and the German synchronization is surprisingly descITS 13,5H LONG WHAT?

maneil99

Gamestop has Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron at 75% off
The humble store daily is Supreme Commander Gold at 75% off

Fall of Cybertron is super fun in SP, haven't tried MP yet but I played alot of WFC on 360 and it was really good

Played the first hour of Alice. Yeah... those controls are bad, this jumping is bad, no, everything you actually do in this game is bad, nothing feels right. Oh well, if it's like 5h I'll play through it, I like the art style and the German synchronization is surprisingly descITS 13,5H LONG WHAT?

The game would've been perfect at 5-6 hours. But it just doesn't end, while doing absolutely nothing to keep it interesting.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite rpg back in the ps2 days was Champions of Norrath and Baldur's gate. Will I like Divinity: Original Sin? Does it have that Path of Exile and Torchlight gameplay mechanics? I'm not really a fan of those where you insert stone things to your equipments and such.

For the latter two the term you're looking for is ARPG. Divinity is closest to Baldur's Gate, with the exception that Divinity's combat is turn based while BG is real time with a pause mechanic.

So a question about Divinity, is it a true open world like skyrim and gta or is it just huge areas? Also how tight of a leash does the game keep on you when it comes to killing friendly npcs? can you kill all of em like New Vegas or you can't lay a finger on em, or can you kill some with the exception of a few

A selection of maps, with the varied climates of the regions it wouldn't make sense for it to be a contiguous area. There are one or two deity figures that are immortal, but other than that you can kill every other NPC in the game and still finish main story line.

Speevy

Banned

I dunno...I kinda liked it.

It plays nothing like those or Diablo so it's hard to say whether you will like them. It's turn based in a way most similar to X-Com games. The combat is great and you can mix different elements to create different effects and so on. For example, if your warrior stabs a person your mage can then electrocute them using the blood as a conduit. Neat stuff.

The best part of the game for me so far though are the various quests as there's multiple ways to complete them and the dialogue is pretty amusing. Definitely worth getting, but very different from the games you mentioned.

Autofokus

You've seen it all by just playing through the first world, gameplay-wise.

MUnited83

For you.
I love the game byt the levels drag up way too much. They take ages to finish, even more if youre trying to collect everything.

Chariot

Know that feel. I really love artstyle and atmosphere of the game - I bought the artbook and McGees Alice is on of two posters in my room - but I couldn't play it. The controls made the jumping parts a torture and I just gave up pretty early.

opinions.

was my favorite game of that year.

Stumpokapow said that everyone who's on it is there for a reason. So I'm guessing some people that have been claiming many games repeatedly and have been cocky and rude when other members called them out and some others who've done shady stuff with the games they won, like trading them or selling them. Not gonna name names but everyone who's been following the Steam threads for the past few months should be aware of these individuals
I won 4-5 games on my end which i don't own and wanted to play them ;;

I'm an upstanding steamtizen ;_;

I'm a good boy uhhh dog ... (Before someone avatar quotes me )

Yeah, Alice: Madness Returns is gorgeous but it's twice as long if not more than it needs to be. The mechanics never change. You're literally doing the same thing at hour 1 as you are at hour 15
or 20 if you're going for the collectibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom