• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

I love this gif, SteamGAF deserves it as well

DXXtfJ5.gif

Baha, I was watching this just waiting for the gif!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, Alice: Madness Returns is gorgeous but it's twice as long if not more than it needs to be. The mechanics never change. You're literally doing the same thing at hour 1 as you are at hour 15
or 20 if you're going for the collectibles.
yup

it's like every dungeon needs to bore you to death before it can be over

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alice would be amazing at 10 hours

its merely ok to good at 20

I still love it

I got 3 kids about 14-17. They keep messing up all of the games and one of them have the nerve to tell me that the games were out of place. Like why is FEAR 3 mixed in with Far Cry 3?

I was like. Are you kidding me? You been messing up my store for an choir loitering around. And you have the nerve to bitch about it with me?

Urghh..

Damn kids. If they keep messing around, are you able to kick them out?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I got 3 kids about 14-17. They keep messing up all of the games and one of them have the nerve to tell me that the games were out of place. Like why is FEAR 3 mixed in with Far Cry 3?

I was like. Are you kidding me? You been messing up my store for an choir loitering around. And you have the nerve to bitch about it with me?

Urghh..

Haha, this reminds me of my nephews.

Got a foil for Papers Please which is nice, only 3 on the market and mine is at 5 dollars. Doubt it will ever sell until people start lowballing into the twos but oh well.

Are steam downloads being a bit spotty for anyone else?

Javier23

Banned
The atmosphere in The Wolf Among Us. Wow.

And that opening credit. SooooooooooGood.gif
It took Telltale a while, but they found their niche. TWAU and TWD are fantastic games, the first ones I can say that feel like playing a TV show or a movie without it meant to be an insult. I'm just sad it takes so relatively long for them to release each episode. Also, I sure wouldn't mind the Telltale-style adventures becoming an established genre of their own. If instead of a hundred dizzingly boring "CINEMATIC!" FPS/TPS a year we got ten, fifteen of these, with about the same quality and imaginativeness, I would be in heaven and reconciled with gaming.

Hinomura

I'm not able to follow this thread anymore, even modbot is trudging ^___^

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-39449F4089473CC1 - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-B386F3260ED3FB21 - Taken by Majukun. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Towers of Altrac Epic Defense Battles (Desura) -- MB-FC215FF738F057C2 - Taken by Jason Frost
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-E8D05E3EF94A9CEA - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-46FF3A6F44E3D148
Soulbringer -- MB-EAC99ABCE973F1A7
ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-72F7964F68C04A8D - Taken by Jason Frost
Lyne -- MB-84FD3AF548247F3F - Taken by tioslash. 5 entrants total.
Revenge of Titans -- MB-58D3E7BA6CE0C30B - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter 2 Jungle Warfare -- MB-7642CF451D1241ED
Rush -- MB-92DF9E3B89C8DE28 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-C83C72C4FA7F32A6 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-DE673C2D041CCDD1 - Taken by bronson. 2 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-878944A932EDAE7F - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-495F9FDAEF172A81 - Taken by C4rter. 4 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-D6E892D9287E9408 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
Ampu Tea -- MB-82B68394C11B0010 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-339E3109D4B20622 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
They Breathe -- MB-F65657D0E7422D56 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.

Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-C06CCD39CFA7DACA
Humanity Asset -- MB-BE2F4F32D68D20C1

t1404520833z1.png

Toki767

I figure it'll be more fun to win the game than outright buying it, so have fun guys.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-AA88057DA41631C3 - Taken by ricochetguro. 89 entrants total.

t1404521244z1.png

Newblade

It took Telltale a while, but they found their niche. TWAU and TWD are fantastic games, the first ones I can say that feel like playing a TV show or a movie without it meant to be an insult. I'm just sad it takes so relatively long for them to release each episode. Also, I sure wouldn't mind the Telltale-style adventures becoming an established genre of their own. If instead of a hundred dizzingly boring "CINEMATIC!" FPS/TPS a year we got ten, fifteen of these, with about the same quality and imaginativeness, I would be in heaven and reconciled with gaming.

We're still getting Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones this year, supposedly. They're increasing their output.

dot

Our little gaf group got whooped in competitive CSGO...lol

I think that'll be my first and last competitive match i join. Too time consuming for my tastes.

It was fun though guys!

Unicorn

Yeah. its rather good, but sadly crashed a lot on my system and the constant big updates put me off.
Yeah, I'm on DSL and some of the updates suck, especially when i'm in the mood for a quick daily match and it has to download a few gigs and will take a couple hours.

Apart from that though, I love the movement. Having put time in and then going to Titanfall, I felt like I was slogging through muk. The light-weight frame in Titanfall comes close to the feeling of Hawken, but it's still sluggish outside of dashes, etc. But those games are so apples to oranges, it's pointless to compare them.

I just prefer Hawken or playing on-foot in Titanfall (need more opportunities to wall run, though).

So the opposite of WarFace?
Never played that. Hawken is hard to place in terms of pacing. If you get a deathball of your whole team just steamrolling it's almost broken. Teamwork is so crucial.

The only thing I don't like about Hawken is the "syncing" when going back to the main menu to save your stats - takes too long. I also don't like the height limiting of jumping/boosting

The winning game for my giveaway has been chosen - RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack. Well done HalfwayOrb!

Great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom