• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey those of you that entered Rhaknar's raffle for Shadow of Mordor. If you want leave the code in my PM. And you *cough cough* may get *cough cough* Witcher 3.

*cough cough* whooooo that was some nasty coughing..

That's really nice of you, but didn't we spoke about this yesterday?

:p

Ventara

Hey those of you that entered Rhaknar's raffle for Shadow of Mordor. If you want leave the code in my PM. And you *cough cough* may get *cough cough* Witcher 3.

*cough cough* whooooo that was some nasty coughing..

I hate to break it to you, but you need your internal organs to live. You can't sell them. I hope you haven't done so already.

Sendou

I hate to break it to you, but you need your internal organs to live. You can't sell them. I hope you haven't done so already.

Well I don't think you absolutely need two of each. I mean I doubt organ donoring from alive human to another would be possible otherwise.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Welcome back, senpai <3 but what dog news are you talking about?

-Doggie had an allergic reaction to the shots she got from the vet earlier today.
-Flat tire in the middle of the road.
-Stuck screw cause the ones who put the screws in did a bad job on it
-The road assistant helped us
-My brother left work to pick the dog and take her with him (He works at the vet)
-Dude manages to take the screw out but it broke so we are left with 3 screws with the extra tire (One was stolen)
-We drive back carefully to Walgreens to pick up meds for the dog when she comes back
-Now back here.

Gonna take a nap now so I'll see you all later.

pahamrick

So the giveaway went by the first one's rules? Whelp, I wasn't eligible. That's why I didn't win DR3 or Witcher 3. Yep. Must be.
Modbot, I still love you.

Shadownet

Banned
Durnate will be selling Shadows of Mordor for 25 dollars in a bit going by the spreadsheet. Pretty nice deal. When is it coming out?

Edit: Now. Go go go

I spent nearly $140 during the Steam Sale but I just cannot stop playing the survival mode on Crimsonland. Something about the leveling up and picking perks mixed with random power-ups has me playing over and over again. It's odd because I've never been interested in this type of game before.

Any suggestions for anything like it? Specifically something with a similar endless mode.

I figure it'll be more fun to win the game than outright buying it, so have fun guys.
Loving how much Witcher 3 is being given away here. CDProjekt getting the recognition they deserve(besides that SR2 port...urgh). Good luck for the participants!

Man, neogaf outside of SteamGAF can be really terrifying sometimes. The World Cup thread is getting scary with the hate Brazil is getting :(

EDIT: my mistake. The team that does the witcher games(and i believe cyberpunk too?) is not the same team that did the SR2 port. sorry :/

Will Smith is OP. Can't remember how he is called in the game

Bro in Black.

I like Brobocop, since you can use his special to hit enemies that would otherwise be risky to engage. Snake Broskin is also pretty good, since one shot can take out multiple enemies.

Brobocop, Snake Broskin were probably my favorite to see pop up so far.
I also like whatever the Terminator is called as I think the pushback on the chaingun is funny when I push myself back off a cliff.
Indiana Brones is a tough one to use -- interesting that he can use his whip to grapple though.
I really dislike BroGuyver or whoever it is with just dynamite for weapons.

All of them.

Indiana Jones and the Boondock Bros are my least favorite favorites tho.

I suck so bad, I've never even tried playing comp. So no rank.

Agent Bro (what Agent J's called) because that noisy cricket. Probably my fave

Brochete's special can be aimed in any direction which is helpful

Boondock Bros being able to summon their dad is pretty clever

Cherry Broling exclusively being able to shoot downward is really helpful too.

Haven't unlocked the last 3 yet, those should be interesting.

Super House of Dead Ninjas (aka goty material) guys are cool guys

UohYDEd.jpg

While I agree that SHoDN is awesome, it can't be GOTY as it released several years ago.
Also, I find myself wondering how you know that team and why they think you're awesome..

Somebody should edit that Oprah-car-gif, giving Oprah a green powerranger mask and yelling "You get Witcher 3!"

KcEUZe4.gif

MRORANGE

you might be interested:

Limelight

Limelight is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We reverse-engineered the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and implemented a set of 3rd party clients.

What does this mean for you? Limelight allows you to stream your full collection of Steam games from your GFE compatible PC to any of your supported devices.

Limelight Android

* You will need a compatible Nvidia 600 or 700 series card.

Examples of how well it runs:
GRID 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRW6O0bSHNw
limelight on Nexus 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJFdlrfCaE
xperia Z Skyrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlsGNQ3Zx0o

What you need for a cheap TV streaming solution:

The files: https://github.com/irtimmer/limelight-pi <------ scroll down for instructions.

A raspberry pi, these can be found in electronic stores or amazon, right now they cost less than $40/£25

tXFJ8Lu.jpg

What problems can I face?

- still in early stages with raspberry pi
- sound issues could arise on the pi for some games.

Tizoc

Crom offers another chance for those brave enough to live through despair
of not winning the giveaway...
arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

Do you guys think Mighty No. 9 can live up to something like Shovel Knight? I don't.

Sure they can. It's fucking Keiji Inafune and Comcept. Mighty No. 9 will be fantastic.

guacamelee skins have gotten crazy. that tomb raider one is nutso.

probably not, but Inti Creates is the real deal.

Link to the Guacamelee skin mentioned? I'm a little bumbed about the STCE upgrade or whatever just got put out on PS4/Xbone, now that Guacamelee is the subject here. Bad form, Drinkbox.

Also, what's Inti Creates?

you might be interested:

Seems cool, but I want it on my Vita.

I did. I told my manager about it. He just smiled at me and say. Go ahead Lol I never been so happy to kick someone out.

Praise the Sun! I never got to kick anyone out during my time at retail but I'm glad to hear that you managed to get rid of those kids.

you might be interested:

Now (or soon) my Pi can stream media to the living room and let me play games while sitting on the Comfy Couch.

Nabs

Link to the Guacamelee skin mentioned? I'm a little bumbed about the STCE upgrade or whatever just got put out on PS4/Xbone, now that Guacamelee is the subject here. Bad form, Drinkbox.

Also, what's Inti Creates?

They developed Mega Man 9/10 and are currently working on Mighty #9.

Tomb Raider skin: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262810007&searchtext=

Bayonetta: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252468257&searchtext=

Samus: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216906309&searchtext=

I'd put money on us getting the Guacamelee update. Eventually.

dani_dc

Today I tried to play Crusader Kings II.

Never again.

You can't jump into Crusader Kings II and just hope to learn your way around it, especially since the tutorials are broken.

I'd recommend trying to spend an hour watching some youtube tutorial if you ever want to give it another go. It's a really fun game.

Do you guys think Mighty No. 9 can live up to something like Shovel Knight? I don't.

I haven't played Shovel Knight but Inticreates are the best when it comes to Mega Man-like games, after all, they made almost all of the more traditional games from Zero to Classic 10.

The only thing I don't like about Might No. 9 are the 3D graphics. It would be godly on 2D.

They developed Mega Man 9/10 and are currently working on Mighty #9.

Tomb Raider skin: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262810007&searchtext=

Bayonetta: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252468257&searchtext=

Samus: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216906309&searchtext=

I'd put money on us getting the Guacamelee update. Eventually.

That's good news then.
I have that Samus skin, though I was partial to the Batman one.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You can't jump into Crusader Kings II and just hope to learn your way around it, especially since the tutorials are broken.

I'd recommend trying to spend an hour watching some youtube tutorial if you ever want to give it another go. It's a really fun game.

It seems like it would be an amazing game once you figure out what's happening.

I'll try it again in the future, just not any time soon, and I'll keep the youtube tutorials in mind.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm sure somebody needs this, I just got the game myself and I'm looking forward to playing it, heres the add-on.
thx :)

Here's the base game for somebody (all episodes)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead -- MB-101CB2F3467CD3BB - Taken by Volimar. 14 entrants total.

t1404524777z1.png

Grief.exe

Loving how much Witcher 3 is being given away here. CDProjekt getting the recognition they deserve(besides that SR2 port...urgh). Good luck for the participants!

Man, neogaf outside of SteamGAF can be really terrifying sometimes. The World Cup thread is getting scary with the hate Brazil is getting :(

Did not know that the SR2 port was done by CDPR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom