• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
So does steam support never respond to questions or what? It would be nice if I can start buying again. Also my ticket has been open for three days.

Z6eOpoD.png

Get back to me when you have waited a month and then told to speak to the publisher instead.

Hmm I suppose I was really lucky then with Steam Support that one time, before Steam Guard existed my account got hacked and I got it back in less than 24 hours thanks to my MW2 key, though the other horror-stories I read sometimes make me shudder... I hope they resolve it soon Mokoi!

Tizoc

I just finished episode 1 of Wolf Among us
Holy fucking shit...SNOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I COULD'VE SAVED PRINCE LAWRENCE?!
Does he still die in later episodes though like how walking dead did it?

Gonna play ep. 2 tomorrow ince I gotta go to bed soon ZoZ

Hugstable

Banned
As someone who isn't fully competent at TF2 (though I've only put 70 hours into TF2 on and off for about 2 years), is it likely I'd enjoy CS:GO more? I think the TF2 clases is what turns causes the issues for me.

If it's the classes that you don't enjoy about TF2 you will probably enjoy CS more. Just know that it's a FPS without iron sights (which I like) and you buy your weapons at the start of the round.

Copons

You guys are such sissies.
I resorted to Steam Support only once in my lifetime for a tech issue related to Portal for Mac, and some actual programmer of the game answered in less than 6 hours providing a good and extremely elegant (programming-wise) solution.
It didn't worked tho, but heck, 6 hours, in my little world Steam Support bests the Amazon one every day.

also fucking peer pressure after my steam feed is basically filled by Divinity OS and Witcher 3 posts
would you guys please stop buying those games? pretty please?

So does steam support never respond to questions or what? It would be nice if I can start buying again. Also my ticket has been open for three days.

Z6eOpoD.png

it's known they have god awful support and I hate valve for it because it's not like they can't afford to have a proper customer support team

hope it turns out well but don't expect anything anything really until monday 'murica time as already stated, today is a holiday

Chariot

If it's the classes that you don't enjoy about TF2 you will probably enjoy CS more. Just know that it's a FPS without iron sights (which I like) and you buy your weapons at the start of the round.
Is it essentially CS 1.6 with better graphics or is it more?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What does baka mean?

What does senpai mean?

What does uguu mean?

Volimar-sama pls.

It didn't worked tho, but heck, 6 hours, in my little world Steam Support bests the Amazon one every day.

One of these services gave me a full refund for ruining packaging and slightly damaging a box. The other didn't respond to my support ticket for 2 weeks.

One of these services is way better than the other.

Shadownet

Banned
In dollar or in kidneys?
No seriously, I still think you should keep something for yourself. I think you already could've bought a car with that giftmoney :(

lmao

Sure, why not?

Do we really have a choice?

Nah I'll tell you guys after my Mega Winter Giveaway.

I mean.. Oops..nothing.

Praise the Sun! I never got to kick anyone out during my time at retail but I'm glad to hear that you managed to get rid of those kids.

I know it felt amazing. Like a boss.

----------

I'M OUT OF WORK!! YESSSSSSSSSSS! IM COMING HOME!

Cheers, I'll have a look when the games a bit cheaper, and I find people to play it with. With TF2 I stuck with a private server for another website, and they don't have a CS:GO one, so I'll need to see what happens.

During the summer sale, I won a Metro redux bundle (thanks mokoi!). I was going to download it, but I notice the download button is blank/greyed out. What gives?
disapprove.gif

EDIT: NVM I'm dumb.

Copons

One of these services gave me a full refund for ruining packaging and slightly damaging a box. The other didn't respond to my support ticket for 2 weeks.

One of these services is way better than the other.

I was kidding of course. Amazon support it's unbelievable. Don't know if in US or something is just how customer care works and any business is like that, but in Italy it's just... refreshing? No, it's actually, literally, unbelievable.

Indignate

I'm playing shadowrun returns, is there any disadvantage of asking for reward in quests?

If you've just started and did that merchant bully quest, I think that's like one of like two quest in that game that offer you a choice in taking a reward or not.

I think you just miss out in money if you don't take anything. Karma is just level up points and I believe you get those no matter what and isn't influenced by morality decisions (I don't think anything is).

I could be totally wrong though as it's been a while. It shouldn't be too much of an issue to do a quick search on the quest you're on to see if rewards are affected or not.

I'm farming for cards right now and jesus this is taking forever. I'm doing Bastion atm and theres only 3 card, its like 1 card per hour or something. I wish it would just finish already

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm I suppose I was really lucky then with Steam Support that one time, before Steam Guard existed my account got hacked and I got it back in less than 24 hours thanks to my MW2 key, though the other horror-stories I read sometimes make me shudder... I hope they resolve it soon Mokoi!

Yeah, I'm aware that Valve's support team can be tardy (especially during/closely following a sale), however I think the worst I've experienced is my issue being fixed but my ticket not being updated, so it took me about a week to realise that somebody had replaced my buggered gift with a functioning one (since the gift was added manually it didn't trigger a notification).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm farming for cards right now and jesus this is taking forever. I'm doing Bastion atm and theres only 3 card, its like 1 card per hour or something. I wish it would just finish already

Card drop times are tied to Steam Community server performance, basically. On a good day you only wait ~15 minutes per drop, but this can blow out to an hour or more.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Victim of Xen -- MB-A9CA1987BCCAB15B - Taken by Sarobi. 3 entrants total.

t1404517486z1.png

This happens when you buy games without checking if you already own them :p

Chariot

Pretty much, there are still differences though. Plus they have competitive matches, matchmaking, and now TF2 style cases which grant weapon skins and all that stuff.
Cool, I was afraid they maybe changed it in a different game. Next time it's on sale I'm sure to grab it. Although I am not good. My aim is terrible.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
1 hour left, last repost

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-FC69C26557648BCA - Taken by Myshkin. 156 entrants total.

t1404520916z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I was kidding of course. Amazon support it's unbelievable. Don't know if in US or something is just how customer care works and any business is like that, but in Italy it's just... refreshing? No, it's actually, literally, unbelievable.

Didn't catch that you were joking :p

Not all customer service is like that in the US, Amazon's is just really good. Their's is one of the best I've ever had to use.

Comcast's support is pretty awful, for example.

the hell are you guys playing

lets play strike vector you made me buy it you cunts

This rng gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom