• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genki

Do you guys think Mighty No. 9 can live up to something like Shovel Knight? I don't.

I'd be really sad if it wasn't significantly better. All of the Inti Create MM games I've played are, though I really dislike the Mighty No. 9 3d graphics.

zkylon

zkylewd

Unicorn

Today I tried to play Crusader Kings II.

Never again.

I hear ya. I did all the tutorials, felt comfortable, then started a game and was just like, "okay... so wtf am I supposed to do first? What's my end goal here? How do I even start?"

I want to play it because I looked into the Song of Ice and Fire mod scenarios and it would be sooooo cool and nerdy, but I have no idea what to do.

Loving how much Witcher 3 is being given away here. CDProjekt getting the recognition they deserve(besides that SR2 port...urgh). Good luck for the participants!

Man, neogaf outside of SteamGAF can be really terrifying sometimes. The World Cup thread is getting scary with the hate Brazil is getting :(

They should just release their watermelonmen.
They bring peace and happiness.

DXXtfJ5.gif

It's a grey area, Nvidia would have most likely shut them down if there was a issue with what they were doing.

Depends on if it's something that comes out and is viewed as detrimental to sales in some way.

On one hand, they will get more people who might upgrade to the minimum card levels to get this, or to switch from AMD to get it. On the other hand, it will negatively impact Shield sales.

Whether or not their risk management decides to get it shut down or not will depend on a bunch of factors, I'd wager.

--

I have a couple broforce webms to help people figure out if it's for them or not. Coming shortly... 2nd one is rendering now.

liezryou

If you got it, you didn't win it in error. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened here.

If you are looking into modbot, there is another bug i would like to bring up. I have noticed this multiple times, i highly doubt this is a coincidence. There is a huge bundle giveaway with the timer expired -> i go to enter one of the non claimed ones. It instantly accepts me as the winner and PMs me. But here's the interesting part, it then crosses it out in the giveaway and says i have won (x entrants). Last time i think it was 3 or 4 entrants.

Nabs

The OlliOlli page got updated with pictures and a proper date (July 22nd).

bayo is pretty ok

i played most of it with the wii fit lady lol

lol. I played most of it with the Irish dude (SlamRock McFinnigan) and El Chapulín Colorado. I just need another excuse to play this again.

Pakkidis

Just completed Gemini Rue (Awesome point and click adventure game) and Gone Home (excellent story telling albeit very short). Worth checking out both of them.

iosefe

If you are looking into modbot, there is another bug i would like to bring up. I have noticed this multiple times, i highly doubt this is a coincidence. There is a huge bundle giveaway with the timer expired -> i go to enter one of the non claimed ones. It instantly accepts me as the winner and PMs me. But here's the interesting part, it then crosses it out in the giveaway and says i have won (x entrants). Last time i think it was 3 or 4 entrants.
Probably has to do with other entrants being ineligible or throttled

Indignate

I feel like too many things happened around me in Crusader Kings rather than I having an influence on anything.

Every time I play it I seem to lose a few hours just clicking on things but never getting anything done and then speeding everything up because I get bored of not seeing anything I do have an immediate effect and therefore speeding up the AI's actions and making me feel more irrelevant.

Should probably watch youtube videos on how to play it properly.

Chariot

Like me then

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Never has that been more appropriate in my case. I'll go back to it at some point though, it looks fun but its brutal as a beginner.

Today I tried to play Crusader Kings II.

Never again.
The game just needs some time.
2-4 hours of Eviscerator's tutorials and you should be fine.
Begin here

Crusader Kings II is fantastic as soon as you grasped how everything works. The Game of Thrones mod is perfection.

The OlliOlli page got updated with pictures and a proper date (July 22nd).

lol. I played most of it with the Irish dude (SlamRock McFinnigan) and El Chapulín Colorado. I just need another excuse to play this again.

This game is so good. Pretty excited that more people are getting to play this.

Jawmuncher

I asked in the Wolfenstein thread and it didn't get many replies, but what's the best difficulty for Wolfenstein TNO?
This question is for Steam-GAF members who actually play their games.

Normal.
I have been playing it and i'm close to the end. Normal has really been just the right amount of challenge.

pahamrick

Did not know that the SR2 port was done by CDPR

CDPR did not do the SR2 port, it was done by CD Projekt. CD Projekt RED is the development team behind the RED Engine and Witcher series, while CDP is the company that handles the business side. As I recall, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, CDP actually outsourced the port to another development team.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So the giveaway went by the first one's rules? Whelp, I wasn't eligible. That's why I didn't win DR3 or Witcher 3. Yep. Must be.
Modbot, I still love you.

I believe it went by the second giveaway's rules but the first giveaway's timer.

Code:
GA Begin Claims: Selected wilflare to win game 65FC92C0FC07DC64	17:59:28.433000	1404511168.43
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 847028	17:59:28.433000	1404511168.43
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 844556	17:59:30.373000	1404511170.37
GA: Claim Process: Poster nominally meets no-lurker requirements: wilflare -- 132	17:59:35.539000	1404511175.54
[b]GA: Claim Process: wilflare meets giver requirements. Has 7 giveaways during eligible period.	17:59:56.883000	1404511196.88[/b]
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has won 4 times in last week.	17:59:56.917000	1404511196.92
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Use 900	17:59:56.920000	1404511196.92
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster must not have a win since 1404510296	17:59:56.923000	1404511196.92
GA: Apparent last win is 1404301180 so OK	17:59:56.956000	1404511196.96
GA: Claims Process: I am going to give Dead Rising 3 to wilflare. Added to PM Queue.	17:59:57.088000	1404511197.09

Based on that line from the log, it was the second giveaway's rules.

I believe I've figured out why the timer thing happened.

Probably has to do with other entrants being ineligible or throttled

Yes, that is the cause. ModBot check eligibility (including the global throttle) when it selects you to win, not when you enter. So if you ever enter an expired raffle, win instantly, and there's more than one previous entry, those other people were ineligible.

Jawmuncher

I wanted to pick up Divinity Original Sin then I remember all the games I need to play that I bought. I blame steamgaf for making it sound so good.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hey guys, I was wondering - I still have a few copies of Thomas Was Alone laying around ... would anyone be interested in those? or do all of you already have it? ;)

hohoXD123

Broforce gameplay.

Spoilers would be the 2nd area boss and some of the unlockable playable characters if anyone cares about that stuff with a game like this:

http://a.pomf.se/cqomco.webm

This is a run on the stage after that, which caused some difficulty. I mainly recorded this and decided to upload as a webm because of the ridiculous way in which I finished the stage.

http://a.pomf.se/pezquv.webm
Please don't do this. It's hard enough to resist as it is. As soon as it comes out on Vita, the trigger shall be pulled.

LOL you guys are getting me hooked back on CS:GO again. Picking up the Operation Breakout pass -____-

As someone who isn't fully competent at TF2 (though I've only put 70 hours into TF2 on and off for about 2 years), is it likely I'd enjoy CS:GO more? I think the TF2 clases is what turns causes the issues for me.

CDPR did not do the SR2 port, it was done by CD Projekt. CD Projekt RED is the development team behind the RED Engine and Witcher series, while CDP is the company that handles the business side. As I recall, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, CDP actually outsourced the port to another development team.
yeah, just discovered that. forgot there was a difference between RED and just CDP. will edit my post.

I asked in the Wolfenstein thread and it didn't get many replies, but what's the best difficulty for Wolfenstein TNO?
This question is for Steam-GAF members who actually play their games.
I'm actually having a great time on Uber, after playing a bit on I Am Death Incarnate! but yeah, you can experiment and change on the fly.

pahamrick

I believe it went by the second giveaway's rules but the first giveaway's timer.

Based on that line from the log, it was the second giveaway's rules.

I believe I've figured out why the timer thing happened.

Yes, that is the cause. ModBot check eligibility (including the global throttle) when it selects you to win, not when you enter. So if you ever enter an expired raffle, win instantly, and there's more than one previous entry, those other people were ineligible.

Stump dropping the knowledge, killing my delusions.

In all seriousness, thanks for that. I found it interesting how the modbot behind the scenes works.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
so if you put in an entry for different games but it isn't a free-for-all do you get disqualified, or does it only count the first one, or can you just not win more than one of them?

Mokoi

Banned
So does steam support never respond to questions or what? It would be nice if I can start buying again. Also my ticket has been open for three days.

Z6eOpoD.png

hitmon

Happy 4th of July!

ModBot said:
Instructions for hitmon:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RPG Maker Humble Bundle -- MB-F7BC906E4A56527A - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.

t1404516102z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The game just needs some time.
2-4 hours of Eviscerator's tutorials and you should be fine.
Begin here

Crusader Kings II is fantastic as soon as you grasped how everything works. The Game of Thrones mod is perfection.

And bookmarked.

It looks really nice at least. I wish there was more information about it though.

So does steam support never respond to questions or what? It would be nice if I can start buying again.

Z6eOpoD.png

I thought Steam support was notoriously slow and useless. Maybe not as slow as Playfire support, but they're pretty damn close from my experiences with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom